02. Tears Of Blood
03. Creatures
04. Bring It On
05. Never Forget

Featured in "Getting In2: Judas Priest"

Staff review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Quietly setting aside the musty orchestrations and unfamiliar, off-putting theatrics that suffocated Nostradamus, Judas Priest have once again decided to ditch all excessive trappings for a "good, old-fashioned" sort of album.

Read more ››
published 15.07.2014 | Comments (28)

Found in 33 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 4

Comments: 115   Visited by: 1095 users
21.07.2014 - 13:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 21.07.2014 at 13:44

1) As Joe said, there is no such thing as heavy hard rock...
- No wonder you're lost as you've been following a novice all the time.
- "Heavy Hard Rock" was first introduced by some metal fans and critics few year ago. At first i thought it was redundant, stupid and pretentious...later I gradually realized it was really useful as recent years there're too many Metal bands try to be "commercial" in order to please both sides of fans (Metal & Hard Rock fans). Therefore they usually tone down the heaviness and becames "something" in between Heavy Metal and Hard Rock, a Heavy Hard Rock was borned ! It's very similar to how AOR kind of soft rock generated from Hard Rock

If you can find me any evidence of this "heavy hard rock" phenomenon on the internet, anything vaguely reputable (that you haven't written yourself), I will consider your thoughts (if it exists it will be on the internet somewhere, even if just alluding to it). At this time though I think you're probably just fabricating it from personal perspective as support for your argument. From what I've seen this is the first time anyone has even uttered the phrase in a serious way on the many billion pages on the internet which doesn't bode well for you. Wouldn't be the first time you've come up with ludicrous genres though.
21.07.2014 - 14:07
Rating: 4
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 21.07.2014 at 13:55

From what I've seen this is the first time anyone has even uttered the phrase in a serious way on the many billion pages on the internet which doesn't bode well for you.

That's because you're a novice, you see.
21.07.2014 - 14:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 21.07.2014 at 14:07

That's true. I really showed my colours that time that Mr. God (under another name) tried insisting that Angel Witch were a death metal band. Not to mention the time he insisted Bloodbath were experimental death metal. I should've seen his wisdom that day and never doubted him again.
21.07.2014 - 17:13
Dr. Strawberry

Quote:
Quote:

If you can find me any evidence of this "heavy hard rock" phenomenon on the internet, anything vaguely reputable (that you haven't written yourself), I will consider your thoughts (if it exists it will be on the internet somewhere, even if just alluding to it). At this time though I think you're probably just fabricating it from personal perspective as support for your argument. From what I've seen this is the first time anyone has even uttered the phrase in a serious way on the many billion pages on the internet which doesn't bode well for you. Wouldn't be the first time you've come up with ludicrous genres though.

I can't remember which websites and who are those used the term before as I've never considered naming the more heavier hard rock songs as Heavy Hard Rock is a big deal. Similar to I don't really care if you call Journey is a Soft Rock band, AOR band or Hard Rock band eventhough I think calling them an AOR band is more appropriate. Nowadays people even called Elton John and Celine Dion as Rock singer (as there're guitars involved in their music).

I am glad to know that this's the first time you've heard of this "new genre".
I think if you think the theory makes sense then I encourage you to use it...if you can't just ignore and stick to your "Hard Rock".
21.07.2014 - 17:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah, I didn't think it existed. Thanks for confirming it.
21.07.2014 - 17:20
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Guest on 21.07.2014 at 14:10

Written by Ilham on 21.07.2014 at 14:07

That's true. I really showed my colours that time that Mr. God (under another name) tried insisting that Angel Witch were a death metal band. Not to mention the time he insisted Bloodbath were experimental death metal. I should've seen his wisdom that day and never doubted him again.

- I did say Bloodbath was experimental as they mixed some progressive and black even art rock style in their work...although not much but for me it's not that "pure" anymore.
- I've never said that Angel Wtich was Death Metal...I have only listened one of their album once, I didn't like it and can't remember it at all...
- Excuse me...I have never called myself Mr. God, I think you're talking about somebody else. NOT ME !
21.07.2014 - 17:29
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Guest on 21.07.2014 at 17:20

Nope, I've seen many mentioning it and I agreed "Heavy Hard Rock" should be used.
You should use the word "Acceptance" not "Existance", is up to individuals.
21.07.2014 - 17:29
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 21.07.2014 at 17:20

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.07.2014 - 17:33
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 21.07.2014 at 17:29

Nope, I've seen many mentioning it and I agreed "Heavy Hard Rock" should be used.
You should use the word "Acceptance" not "Existance", is up to individuals.

I call this Epic Lizard Fuck metal and so do a lot of other people, so accept it.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.07.2014 - 17:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I feel so naive for not knowing this is Epic Lizard Fuck metal. I should be ashamed. What a novice I am.
21.07.2014 - 17:53
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 21.07.2014 at 17:37

I feel so naive for not knowing this is Epic Lizard Fuck metal. I should be ashamed. What a novice I am.

Leave the hall. Poseur.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.07.2014 - 18:31
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Guys, this epic lizard fuck metal sound is becoming so stale. Judas Priest haven't made anything good lizard-wise since Painkiller. Really though this album is shit
21.07.2014 - 18:40
raveneffect

Elton John, being heavy and shit.
21.07.2014 - 18:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Back to the averageness which is the new Priest, all of you.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.07.2014 - 22:13
raveneffect

Jesus, it's label wars all over again.
21.07.2014 - 22:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
What did I say? Back on topic. !!!!!!!
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.07.2014 - 02:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Marcel has already said it twice: STAY ON TOPIC.

I've already deleted about a dozen comments about heavy hard rock and lizard metal and other such crap. You can talk about all of that in, you guessed it, the Pub - an entire thread dedicated to these off-topic discussions.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.07.2014 - 04:36
Rating: 9
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Wow, you guys are really arguing over genre classifications.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
22.07.2014 - 14:50
Rating: 5
Orion79

RedeeMEH of Souls
23.07.2014 - 11:55
Rating: 9
fosi

Way better than anything they 've done since Painkiller....better than some albums from the past....what else can you ask from Priest in 2014???
You don't like it,don't buy it!!!!!
23.07.2014 - 16:26
Rating: 8
Athropos
Burning inside
Not a bad album, but something sounds wrong to me. Sound like Halford's sings independently from the music.
25.07.2014 - 11:45
Rating: 7
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Sounds like Halford singing over an Ozzy album at times.
Why did this come with a sticker warning about course language and/or themes?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
25.07.2014 - 12:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by M C Vice on 25.07.2014 at 11:45

Why did this come with a sticker warning about course language and/or themes?

Here in the Netherlands it didn't
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.07.2014 - 02:08
Rating: 8
Lumpcicle

Substantially better than their last couple. Was never a fan of Angel of Retribution and while I applauded the effort on Nostradamus it never resonated with me either. This sounds closer to the Priest that I know than the previous outings. There's some serious baddass fist pumping tracks tracks!
27.07.2014 - 12:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
Kinda surprised that this turned out to be such a crap fest. Totally uninspiring.
----
28.07.2014 - 21:11
Rating: 6
MetrockickA

This album has the bad news for all heavy metal fans around the world and here it is :HEAVY METAL IS DEAD ! sabbath,maiden ,judas ,saxon,motorhead are too old .also,king diamond and metallica seems to reaching the end of the line ..:( our legend dio has passed away. and there's no substitution for any of them.just a bunch of mediocre!
sad but true ! beginning of the end is really sad song and by far the best song on this album, i assume, from judas priest.battle cry is the best song here,rest of the album is no way near of judas 80's albums.
crossfire is clearly a sample of "I" from dio!that's shameful that judas has lost it's originality after all of these years:-|
R.I.P heavy metal !:suicide:
28.07.2014 - 21:56
Charly546

Written by MetrockickA on 28.07.2014 at 21:11

This album has the bad news for all heavy metal fans around the world and here it is :HEAVY METAL IS DEAD ! sabbath,maiden ,judas ,saxon,motorhead are too old .also,king diamond and metallica seems to reaching the end of the line ..:( our legend dio has passed away. and there's no substitution for any of them.just a bunch of mediocre!
sad but true ! beginning of the end is really sad song and by far the best song on this album, i assume, from judas priest.battle cry is the best song here,rest of the album is no way near of judas 80's albums.
crossfire is clearly a sample of "I" from dio!that's shameful that judas has lost it's originality after all of these years:-|
R.I.P heavy metal !:suicide:

Although this Judas Priest album is quite ...underwhelming, I really wouldn't say that heavy metal is dead. Iron Maiden is doing quite well, Saxon and Motörhead (Inferno - best Motörhead album?) still produce quality material, newest Black Sabbath most certainly does not suck (and Heaven and Hell rivals the old albums). I'd even say that I prefer modern Iron Maiden albums to their classic work (I do have to admit, that I haven't heard the Final Frontier yet, but from what little I've heard it continues in the style of A Matter of Life and Death and that is a good thing). Besides the dinosaurs, there are plenty of younger bands playing heavy metal and doing it quite well (for example Pharaoh, Twisted Tower Dire, Dark Forest (their 2014 album is really damn good), In Solitude, Portrait, Slough Feg, Herman Frank), plenty of older bands reuniting and releasing newer material (Hell, Satan, Satan's Host - well, that one just changed their vocalist though) and plenty of older band still going strong (Manilla Road, Riot, UDO, Accept).

Although not as represented as extreme metal, rumours about the death of heavy metal are greatly over exaggerated and only surface when an older band releases a sub-par album.
29.07.2014 - 07:47
MetrockickA

Quote:
Quote:

Although this Judas Priest album is quite ...underwhelming, I really wouldn't say that heavy metal is dead. Iron Maiden is doing quite well, Saxon and Motörhead (Inferno - best Motörhead album?) still produce quality material, newest Black Sabbath most certainly does not suck (and Heaven and Hell rivals the old albums). I'd even say that I prefer modern Iron Maiden albums to their classic work (I do have to admit, that I haven't heard the Final Frontier yet, but from what little I've heard it continues in the style of A Matter of Life and Death and that is a good thing). Besides the dinosaurs, there are plenty of younger bands playing heavy metal and doing it quite well (for example Pharaoh, Twisted Tower Dire, Dark Forest (their 2014 album is really damn good), In Solitude, Portrait, Slough Feg, Herman Frank), plenty of older bands reuniting and releasing newer material (Hell, Satan, Satan's Host - well, that one just changed their vocalist though) and plenty of older band still going strong (Manilla Road, Riot, UDO, Accept).

Although not as represented as extreme metal, rumours about the death of heavy metal are greatly over exaggerated and only surface when an older band releases a sub-par album.

sabbath last album is a great one and motorhead is still such a "KICK ASS" but they're at the end of their line! iron maiden hasn't released album after 5 years and metallica's album delaying is another one that shows ,those bands,are out of ideas.
when I'm looking back to what dragged me into the heavy metal, i can't find nothing as good as those old ones from old bands . i mean do u think one of those younger bands you've noticed,can be as great as dio or metallica or maiden ?
if so, i'd be delighted to listen to them!
i believe the most important thing in HEAVY METAL act must be Originality ,charisma of the band and riffs that only belongs to that special band . young bands don't have it and that's the truth! they only try to LOOK and SOUND as one of those great big old bands ,not THEMSELVES ,and that's the big problem on today's heavy metal !
29.07.2014 - 18:15
Ganondox

Actually it's been less than four years since Maiden's last album. One bad Judas Priest album doesn't mean anything either, it's by no means their first bad album. Yes, the bands are old, that's what happens when people get old, but metal is hardly dead. There are plenty of good new bands, if you are complaining about them not sounding like the old sound, well, that's because the old sound has already been done, and people want fresh ideas. Complaining about the old bands being out of new ideas is silly, do you want a new sound or do you want an old sound? You seem to be complaining that there is no new ideas, but then complaining about the new ideas not being like the old ideas. You can't have it both ways. Metal is only as dead as any other genre which is "old".
30.07.2014 - 23:12
MetrockickA

Written by Ganondox on 29.07.2014 at 18:15

Actually it's been less than four years since Maiden's last album. One bad Judas Priest album doesn't mean anything either, it's by no means their first bad album. Yes, the bands are old, that's what happens when people get old, but metal is hardly dead. There are plenty of good new bands, if you are complaining about them not sounding like the old sound, well, that's because the old sound has already been done, and people want fresh ideas. Complaining about the old bands being out of new ideas is silly, do you want a new sound or do you want an old sound? You seem to be complaining that there is no new ideas, but then complaining about the new ideas not being like the old ideas. You can't have it both ways. Metal is only as dead as any other genre which is "old".

no offense ,my friend but... there's nothing groundbreaking from these young bands you're talking about ! which one do you think have the "FRESH IDEAS" in heavy metal genre ? i'm curious cause i'm a devoted fan of heavy metal !
old bands are out of the ideas BECAUSE :they seem to lost their passion, youth ,strength,originality ! so they can't neither excite us like the 80's nor they've the passion to create something new like... let's say "fresh ideas"!
don't make it so complicated ! all i want and i believe many of headbangers want too is something exciting ! it doesn't matter it's like "old sound " or " fresh sound" !
of course in clean vocals .

Hits total: 23552 | This month: 71