Metal Storm logo
In Flames - New Video Released

After the recent tour news, In Flames give us new music today. So far, the Swedes have revealed their new album's first single "Rusted Nail" and today they premiere a new video for "Through Oblivion". This means you can listen to more new material from the impending Siren Charms. The video for "Through Oblivion" was directed once again by Patric Ullaeus as their previous video. Watch the video here and give us your opinion about the song.

Siren Charms is set to be released worldwide on September 5th (the US release is September 9th).

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 15.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 60   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 261 users
15.08.2014 - 16:56
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Ah Through Oblivion, horrible song.
15.08.2014 - 17:02
Stunning Cactus

I feel like this is hardly metal (if that). But I don't dislike it.
15.08.2014 - 17:11
krrrrebets
Account deleted
I try to be tolerant towards sound changes but this... this is just bland indierock ballad. Hard to believe these guys were one of the melodeath pioneers judging by this song.
15.08.2014 - 17:42
sharkruisher

I have stood by In Flames and I actually like some of their newer stuff, but I am confused over this song. The chorus sounds like something out of Muse's dumpster and the lack of riffs is just annoying. I really hope that this and "Rusted Nails" are the low point of "Siren Charms"
----
I have been called many names, and they are all true

Metalhead, long haired bastard, (former) reviewer, Swede, semi-handsome, dingus
15.08.2014 - 17:55
Ocean Sage

No riffs, not heavy. Not even very melodic. Bland pop-rock song. My god, what happend to In Flames? I'm glad the rest of the Melodic Death Metal bands didn't go this route. I'm stoked to see Dark Tranquillity in Jan!
15.08.2014 - 17:58
Lord_Agony

Please kill me
15.08.2014 - 18:06
Eternity'sChild

It's better than most songs from A Sense of Purpose... I think the chorus is quite catchy, but that's it, nothing special, not even something good, but at least I don't hate it.
15.08.2014 - 18:28
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Aaaaaaaaaand it sucks.
15.08.2014 - 18:38
Peuranpuolikas

I get the feeling that they aren't really trying to please their original audience, anymore. Couple days ago I listened The Jester Race and it was amazing - even better than I remembered - and just out of sadistic curiosity I listened this... mockery of a song. I have nothing against non-metal music and even less against metal bands experimenting with non-metal sounds, but this is so far beyond that. This is rubbish, pure and absolute rubbish with no redeeming factors to it.
----
Look, The old Bitch is back!
15.08.2014 - 18:42
Ilham
Giant robot
In Flames stahp. wat R U doin? In Flames. STAHP.
15.08.2014 - 18:59
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I really wish In Flames would just stop making music. Nothing they've made after Clayman has been worth the deterioration of their reputation that has occurred (you know, because the music sucks). I guess they've just moved on to a completely different sound and alienated the people who enjoyed their older style. It's their artistic choice, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it....
15.08.2014 - 19:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I was going to listen to this but then I remembered the other song they released.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.08.2014 - 19:20
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.08.2014 at 19:12

I was going to listen to this but then I remembered the other song they released.

This song is far worse than Rusted Nail.
15.08.2014 - 19:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Taking your word for it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.08.2014 - 20:03
FeskarN

The chorus was pretty catchy but the guitar is boring as hell in this one. Keyboards in the chorus are the highlight, it's a shame coming from a metal band like they once was..
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
15.08.2014 - 20:33
Sangre Sani

Not good.
15.08.2014 - 23:36
Orangutoad
Low-life douche
If In Flames and Opeth want to become fucking lame hipster douchebags, why don't they change the names of their bands?

It's sacrilege. I hope they all die in a fire.
15.08.2014 - 23:51
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Orangutoad on 15.08.2014 at 23:36

If In Flames and Opeth want to become fucking lame hipster douchebags, why don't they change the names of their bands?

You're so stupid, I can't even begin to describe it.

It's about time In Flames drop this ridiculous dead-end genre called melodeath. I hope they evolve into something interesing. They certainly don't lack talent.
15.08.2014 - 23:59
Altunenberg

Extrange song... I'm gonna listen to it more times. Don't dislike it. Don't like it...
16.08.2014 - 00:20
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Daniell on 15.08.2014 at 23:51

It's about time In Flames drop this ridiculous dead-end genre called melodeath. I hope they evolve into something interesing. They certainly don't lack talent.

As much as I disagree with Orangutoad I also can't agree with you. In Flames and something interesting? Strömblad left 4 years ago, he was the main songwriter. In Flames is just going downhill and downhill. I believe they can evolve into pop-rock band with some electronic elements, nothing interesting.
16.08.2014 - 00:55
Opethian

RIP In Flames ..
16.08.2014 - 00:56
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Hex_Omega on 16.08.2014 at 00:20

As much as I disagree with Orangutoad I also can't agree with you. In Flames and something interesting? Strömblad left 4 years ago, he was the main songwriter. In Flames is just going downhill and downhill. I believe they can evolve into pop-rock band with some electronic elements, nothing interesting.

I'm with you on that one. In Flames could probably do some decent pop rock if they really tried, but that's not likely to happen

This "Through Oblivion" was really bland. Not bad, but bland. At least, Anders vocals don't ruin this one, unlike Rusty Nail. Oh, and drop these glasses please.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
16.08.2014 - 00:58
OpenMind

Disband pls
16.08.2014 - 01:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I don't think In Flames could make decent pop rock if they really tried because it seems they are really trying, and failing miserably at it.
----
16.08.2014 - 07:28
The Evergreen

Written by Ilham on 15.08.2014 at 18:42

In Flames stahp. wat R U doin? In Flames. STAHP.

Enough said... Except I think we should al try to figure out totally unfounded reasons as to why this is happening.
I say that Anders got bitten by a hipster.
16.08.2014 - 11:24
Litvin

Finished on the second minute. That is the worst I've ever heard of inflames.

p.s
Inflames playing hipster metal haha ha ha...I wish them great sales...
16.08.2014 - 12:16
Sword_Chant

Vocals make me cringe - the same cringe I get when I hear chalk scraping across a blackboard...

I don't think them changing their sound is necessarily a bad thing, if it sounds good. On the other hand, this is a fine mixture of boring, stale, several turds with sugar put on the top. In short, this is terrible.
16.08.2014 - 14:22
Warman
Erotic Stains
So. Fucking. Bad.
----
16.08.2014 - 16:39
Orangutoad
Low-life douche

So I'M STUPID? eh? LOL. It's worthless fucks like you supporting these bands turning into hipster douchebags who are stupid, and "stupid" is a big understatement. Both of these bands were LEGENDARY in metal, and then they decide they are going to change into mediocre, sleep inducing, artsy-fartsy garbage then insult the music of their roots by saying it's not viable, insult the fans, and state that they care absolutely NOTHING about what their fans want? WOW! How do you change from a legendary metal musician, to a smug, low life hipster douche virtually OVERNIGHT?

I have to just stand back in AWE of the immense smugness, overwhelming ignorance, and insane "douchery" of people like you, and these bands. It's unbelievable! It's EPIC!

Why do you even come to Metalstorm? You sound like real metal hating hippy to me with those kind of comments. How about you stop pretending, and just go ahead and say "metal is dead end" instead of just "melodeath", eh? I think that's what you actually meant to say. Why play games? Why do you want metal to turn into prog rock? Don't you have enough of those bands to listen to? I don't want my beloved metal (which is like a religion to me) to turn into mediocre garbage that puts people to sleep, and it pisses me off to see it happening to some of my favorite bands like Opeth and In Flames, but it pisses me off even more to watch total idiots like you supporting it and defending it.

I mean...they certainly don't lack talent, but the truth is, they are wasting it by watering themselves down and trying to be something they are not. It will never work, and they are not only betraying their roots, but the fans that actually lifted them to the heights they have achieved. They truly believe that they are above everything, and for this shitty attitude and total betrayal, I hope that both Opeth and In Flames both fade into obscurity to prove that the fans won't stand for this bullshit. Although I begin to seriously doubt there is any greater justice in this universe when I see exactly how many "people" like you actually exist...

I don't even hate prog rock, in fact I love a few prog metal bands, but if I want to listen to full blown prog rock there are a ton of bands out there that do it a thousand times better. That's a fact.
16.08.2014 - 18:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Orangutoad - taking metal seriously since ever.
----

Hits total: 4157 | This month: 9