Metal Storm logo
Review Problems/Submitting reviews

‹‹ Back to Bugs
05.02.2007 - 05:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I didnt see a topic for this. so here goes.

I recently submitted a review ( for Belphegors Lucifer Incestus) and I checked my profile and it said ive submitted 2 reviews (Lucifer incestus being my 2nd review ive ever written) but i did not get community points nor was the review posted, is this a bug or does it take seperate times for everything to activate?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.02.2007 - 10:48
wrathchild

Submitted reviews are taken into account even when they haven't been approved yet. That's weird but the script acts like that.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
05.02.2007 - 19:00
Lupas
Maximus
The main problem here is for how long should be take to publish it ?
I know that there is so work to do and also the exams . I will suggest that when a review is submitted a mail is sent to the author of that review to inform him/her that it was recieved and would be prof by that staff .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
05.02.2007 - 19:54
wrathchild

Well, when you submit it, there's a message saying it was sent to the staff for approval/proofreading, isn't it? That means it worked, we received it.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
06.02.2007 - 08:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
well now heres the odd thing, I just had my 'lucifer incestus' review accepted and everything, but now it says ive submitted 3 reviews, when ive only written 2.
----
- George Carlin
06.02.2007 - 09:52
GT
Coffee!!
@Dr.Rock: have you tried to recount your stats? If I enter your profile and do that it only says '2'
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
10.02.2007 - 02:51
iaberis
Advice Troll
Well, something else about reviews...
I'm trying to add a review but I keep receiving this error message:
"Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /data/metalstorm.ee/www/pub/review_add.php on line 17"
Any clues about that? Is it temporary or other people have been facing this problem too?
----
Bitch! Please
11.02.2007 - 07:24
Raiden
Down Under Staff
It seems to be working fine now.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
11.02.2007 - 09:20
Ivan
Retired Admin
Yeah, I was just making some changes to the file and had problems with uploading it back to the server...
11.02.2007 - 16:50
iaberis
Advice Troll
Ah... OK, I'm glad it's back to normal now damn machines! They cause problems all the time!
----
Bitch! Please
03.05.2007 - 14:43
Bulldozer
Account deleted
I posted a comment to a review. It said that it's posted and when you look it from my post legend, you can see it's there. BUT the comment is not on the review page, where the comments are supposed to be.
A pretty minor thing, but I thought I should mention it here.
03.05.2007 - 16:01
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Guest on 03.05.2007 at 14:43

I posted a comment to a review. It said that it's posted and when you look it from my post legend, you can see it's there. BUT the comment is not on the review page, where the comments are supposed to be.

We used to have this problem when 2 topics are started simultaneously to the same publication. I've finally been able to locate and fix the problem. Please repost your comment and then let me know, I'll remove the second topic.
03.05.2007 - 22:16
Bulldozer
Account deleted
Written by Ivan on 03.05.2007 at 16:01

Written by Guest on 03.05.2007 at 14:43

We used to have this problem when 2 topics are started simultaneously to the same publication. I've finally been able to locate and fix the problem. Please repost your comment and then let me know, I'll remove the second topic.

Comment reposted.
06.05.2007 - 22:21
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I am having the same Problem Dr. Rock is having lol. Maby it's no big deal eh?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
07.05.2007 - 06:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Arian Totalis on 06.05.2007 at 22:21

I am having the same Problem Dr. Rock is having lol. Maby it's no big deal eh?

Yeah, it counts the amount of reviews submitted, not accepted, it will go back to the previous number if it is rejected. For example my stats say Ive submitted 17 reviews, even though Ive only got 13 reviews posted, those other 4 are still going through the system.
----
- George Carlin
04.12.2007 - 20:51
Queen Of Hippies
Account deleted
There is a little problem here... Jeff has submitted one review for Nehemah's "Requiem Tenebrae" but TWO appear. And they're exactly the same. It's a minor thing... but I thought it should be mentioned.
05.12.2007 - 04:06
Raiden
Down Under Staff
I assume it's been fixed as I don't see two reviews..
----
- Bruce Dickinson

08.03.2009 - 20:39
DayFly

I've had two notifications saying that reviews of mine have been proofread. When I click the link, however, I am redirected to an error-page saying I don't have permission to proofread reviews.

EDIT: Is there an update on this? Are others experiencing similar problems?
17.03.2009 - 17:13
Ernis
狼獾
Written by DayFly on 08.03.2009 at 20:39

I've had two notifications saying that reviews of mine have been proofread. When I click the link, however, I am redirected to an error-page saying I don't have permission to proofread reviews.

I am having the same issue....hope it'll be solved soon....
17.03.2009 - 19:16
GT
Coffee!!
Written by DayFly on 08.03.2009 at 20:39

Written by Ernis on 17.03.2009 at 17:13

I am having the same issue....hope it'll be solved soon....

It has been reported to Ivan, but since he's away for a short while it might be a week or so before it's solved...but it will be
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.03.2009 - 18:25
Ernis
狼獾
Written by GT on 17.03.2009 at 19:16

It has been reported to Ivan, but since he's away for a short while it might be a week or so before it's solved...but it will be

Thanks a lot...
04.04.2009 - 17:40
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I didnt like design of voting part, when you look at it for the very first time you will confuse. 2 ....... 10 ? it was better to write digits vertically on the exact blank (2, 3 ,4 ,5 ,6 , 7, 8, 9, 10) then it was so easiter to vote, or somthing like overall vote.
the other thing is that you can fill all blanks! from the first one to the last one.
10.12.2009 - 06:44
Raiden
Down Under Staff
It only takes into account the checked check-box furthermost to the right. If you checked a whole row it would come out as "10".
----
- Bruce Dickinson

25.12.2009 - 01:29
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Raiden on 10.12.2009 at 06:44

It only takes into account the checked check-box furthermost to the right. If you checked a whole row it would come out as "10".

but its a problem. and the other problem with counts exist again. why its like that? is it so hard to change the design of digits? its really complicated, you have to count and count.

hehe your posts received to 6666. maybe you wont answer!
27.12.2009 - 16:02
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Written by Guest on 25.12.2009 at 01:29

but its a problem. and the other problem with counts exist again. why its like that? is it so hard to change the design of digits? its really complicated, you have to count and count.

Well it can't be that hard to count from 10 down to 7 or 8, whatever! Ask Ivan if you're desperate to have it changed.

Haha yeah I got to be evil+
----
- Bruce Dickinson

27.12.2009 - 16:13
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Raiden on 27.12.2009 at 16:02

Written by Guest on 25.12.2009 at 01:29

Well it can't be that hard to count from 10 down to 7 or 8, whatever! Ask Ivan if you're desperate to have it changed.

Haha yeah I got to be evil+

its not so hard yay, but for using easier. Ivan can see here for sure.