Metal Storm logo
Ephel Duath - Disbands

Ephel Duath are disbanding. It was the founder of the band Davide Tiso who announced it and made the decision to put the avantgarde band to rest. Ephel Duath is essentially his baby and he decided to let it go. The band's vocalist Karyn Crisis has her new project Gospel Of The Witches and Davide Tiso is also involved. So, at least you will be able to continue following his work there.

Davide Tiso released this heartfelt final statement: "Today I decided that it's time to put Ephel Duath to rest. This beautiful beast has been my life companion for a very long time, I cannot see it struggling any longer and I decided to kill it myself. This post is a way to make peace with the idea itself and, I guess, a way to keep you part of this. For many years I felt conflicted with the idea of sharing Ephel Duath's music with its small public, now it's time to let go. Ephel Duath changed shape and color many times, crossing different genres and musical styles, toward the end though, it started looking too much like me and I didn't feel like giving it to you any longer. This is the reason why this has to end, because this band mattered so much to me that I didn't get any joy in letting it be heard and dissected by you any longer. As I've never really found a comfortable place for myself in this society, my music has always experienced the same problem. Ephel Duath never quite reached a large public and it never really exploited its potential. I suffered for that but what I know is that I've tried my very best to make this band work and I stand behind every record we released.

"When I started Ephel Duath I was young, naive and tremendously ambitious. Now I'm 16 years older, and still naive enough to think that songs have their own souls, I just poured too much of my own in them, and it has been brutal to let them go. A part of me was let go. A big chunk. In the end, I'm not sure it was worth it. I've a gift that I cherish deeply, I can talk through my guitar. It's easy for me to distill my feelings through riffs and everything I say that way has more weight and impact than my own words. In order to keep honoring that in the future, Ephel Duath needs to die today and so it will be.

"Thanks for reading, I could do a long list of thanks but I choose not, now it's my time to be ungrateful. Davide Tiso."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ephel Duath
Posted: 12.12.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 82 users
12.12.2014 - 22:34
Diverge

Shame, but the quality of the output was declining so I guess it's all for the best.
12.12.2014 - 22:51
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Yeah, also the end of a band often means the beginning of side projects
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
13.12.2014 - 00:25
PocketMetal

Wow he sounds so bitter, you can't really expect this kinda music to go big tho. I mean bands like Unexpect and Sigh are probably some of the best in the genre, but they aren't that big either. I think his early albums were really great and they were appreciated by some loyal fans too, most of the times that's all you can ask when you go for avantgarde metal.
13.12.2014 - 00:27
carltonh

Noooooo! I blame Metalstorm for failing to appreciate the genius of their last album. (Mostly kidding)
13.12.2014 - 05:00
-Morbid-

Without the off-putting vocals I think the band could have been a bit "bigger" as nearly everyone I've played it for has liked or even loved it musically but been completely turned off by the vocals regardless of which album it has been.
13.12.2014 - 17:35
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Phormula and The Painter's Palette were good.
14.12.2014 - 23:39
Lethrokai

Huge fan of The Painter's Palette, so this is sad news admittedly.

His goodbye message shows a lot of mixed feelings coming through though. I hope he's sound right now; I'm worried that he's spent a little too long letting this boil up inside him.

Here's wishing him a good future nonetheless. It's always sad to see a band breakup, even if many believe it to be for the best.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.

Hits total: 1949 | This month: 7