03. Fantom Eks Speriment
04. Lange Knivers Natt
05. Nattens Sorte Ord
06. Klokker Tramp
07. Ramaskrik

Staff review by
Lucas
Rating:
The name 'Slagmaur' has crossed my path before, but I must admit I never got to the point of checking out any music. The release of their new album Von Rov Shelter on Osmose Productions brought change to this, though, and I'm glad it did. They're pretty good, actually...

Von Rov Shelter's riffs have a gloomy, mechanic and manic sound. These riffs form a wall, a moving wall, slowly yet steadily, exactly in your direction. Fuelled by plodding drums and demonic croaks, it trudges on and on and on. A black mass, darkening the sky, trudging on and on and on and on. Sounds scary? No? But it never rests. And while you can easily stay out of it's reach now, you will tire some day. Perhaps not today, not tomorrow, but perhaps next week... And then. Then. It will crush you. And it will keep trudging on and on and on and on. While the riffs are not exactly riveting nor intricate nor emotional, it is their consistent mechanic blind madness that gives them their charm.

Read more ››
published 29.09.2009 | Comments (7)

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 34 users
22.01.2015 - 01:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Well this is quite excellent. A slow, industrialised avant-garde black metal dirge that's full of creepy weirdness and intentional repetition. Amazing sound and atmosphere, use of neoclassical instruments, sexy cover art and pretty unique overall. In fact Terra Tenebrosa seem somewhat less unique after seeing and hearing of this (those masks eh?). Nathan and Karly were clearly on drugs when they rated this =P

22.01.2015 - 01:02
Rating: 9
mz

I remember looking for a download of this a lot and couldn't find anything. Might just stick to youtube.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
22.01.2015 - 01:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 22.01.2015 at 01:02

I remember looking for a download of this a lot and couldn't find anything. Might just stick to youtube.

The Youtube link seems decent quality. There's a Bandcamp but only has a few songs.
22.01.2015 - 01:08
Rating: 9
mz

Written by Guest on 22.01.2015 at 01:05

Written by mz on 22.01.2015 at 01:02

The Youtube link seems decent quality. There's a Bandcamp but only has a few songs.

cheers for the heads up.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
22.01.2015 - 01:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 22.01.2015 at 01:08

cheers for the heads up.

My pleasure. Hope you actually like it though
22.01.2015 - 02:35
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Pretty damn good, though it feels a bit hollow at points and often feels like it lacks focus. Nice find by Joe though
edit: Also lol their linked "website" on their FB page goes here
04.10.2016 - 22:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New Slagmaur track. Sounds a bit less distinctive than what they did here but not bad.

Hits total: 3577 | This month: 8