Metal Storm logo
Esoteric - Working On New Album

Official press release statement:

British experimental doomsters Esoteric are hard at work on what will be the band's seventh full-length album and the follow up to 2011's Paragon Of Dissonance. As the band explain, this pretty much means that for the rest of the year they will be concentrating on preparation and recording.

The band comments: "We will be playing a few one-off shows and festivals, but we don't intend to take part in any tours this year as we want our main focus to be on the album. If all goes to plan we hope to complete the writing by the end of 2015. The cycle continues?"

The departure last year of keyboard player Jan Krause has not affected the ability of the line up of Gordon Bicknell on guitar, Mark Bodossian on bass, Greg Chandler on guitar/vocals, Joe Fletcher on drums, and Jim Nolan on guitar, to crack on with the new album, nor has it stopped them playing live while they search for a replacement. With an appearance at Bergen's Blastfest already behind them, other confirmed dates include a show at The Boston Music Room in London along with Ahab on the 4th of July, and the 20th Anniversary celebration of Brutal Assault Festival in the Czech Republic in August.

As well as the new album, Esoteric also have other releases on their mind, which vinyl fans will definitely appreciate. "We plan to release The Pernicious Enigma and Metamorphogenesis on vinyl, which are the two remaining albums from our back catalogue that haven't yet been released in this format. After that we will be re-releasing our first two albums on CD, but we will have more details about everything we+re planning to do as we go along. The Pernicious Enigma has actually been transferred from the original multitrack tapes, and remixed and remastered at the Priory Recording Studios for the vinyl release. Having never been happy with the original mix of the album, we were able to go over the tracks and bring out some of the details that were buried or subdued in the original release, without changing the overall feel of the album."

And is there any news about a much-requested live album? "It's definitely something we've always had in the back of our minds, but it's not a question we can give a definitive answer to right now", commented the band. "It's true that we recorded the show in Brescia, Italy, in January, but finding the time to work on it is going to be very hard, especially with a new studio album in the offing. We will try to find the time to mix the live recording in the coming months and then we will look at the possibility of a release."

Source: patriciathomasmanagement.com
Band profile: Esoteric
Posted: 18.04.2015 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 98 users
18.04.2015 - 14:31
Reaper_Redeemer

Ooooh nice, finally!
18.04.2015 - 19:09
strade

Strengthening my mental constitution as we speak.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
18.04.2015 - 19:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Aw yessssssssss. Fantastic news!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.04.2015 - 19:16
Lit.
Account deleted
I can feel my soul burning already.
18.04.2015 - 22:38
Chobo_jokeR

On topic: Hell fucking ya, can't wait to hear this. Been eagerly awaiting some new Esoteric

Off topic: Ulcerate also has a new album in the works, which I don't think has been mentioned here yet.

Back on topic: I hope to god it's another dual disc album.
18.04.2015 - 22:58
mz

Written by Chobo_jokeR on 18.04.2015 at 22:38

Off topic: Ulcerate also has a new album in the works, which I don't think has been mentioned here yet.

They have put a rest on that album process to proceed their tour over Australia now I think.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
18.04.2015 - 23:29
Chobo_jokeR

Written by mz on 18.04.2015 at 22:58

They have put a rest on that album process to proceed their tour over Australia now I think.

Yeah they are doing that mini Australasia tour, but their Facebook post said the album was progressing well. I may be out to lunch though.

Ahab's new album also appears to be progressing well from their Facebook status updates.

I imagine we won't be seeing the Esoteric album until 2016 though.
19.04.2015 - 09:07
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
This is one of those bands who never disappoints.

Eagery awaiting for new beast.
20.04.2015 - 00:06
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Awww yisssss. Only exciting thing that's happened for months.
14.05.2015 - 22:12
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Hooray... oh wait this news is one month old. Hooray anyway.
30.01.2016 - 15:38
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Faster please ffs.
30.01.2016 - 21:41
Candlemass
Defaeco
Nice ^^ Can't wait
29.05.2017 - 06:43
solar

So where is it already?
19.08.2018 - 04:34