Metal Storm logo
Lychgate - New Album Streaming In Full

An Antidote For The Glass Pill, the brand-new and upcoming album by UK black metallers Lychgate, can now be streamed in its entirety at Decibel Magazine. An Antidote For The Glass Pill, the follow-up to 2013's debut Lychgate, is due August 18th through Blood Music.

About the album, Decibel Magazine says: "It's taken UK apocalyptic funeral-black metallers Lychgate two years to follow-up lauded debut Lychgate. In the years between the Brits have delved into the darkest recesses of funeral doom and black metal's psyche, employing church organs in full effect to turn what is traditionally a Christian instrument against itself. Furthermore, Lychgate have gotten stranger, more decadent. The progressive underpinnings of Lychgate recall vintage Genesis, but don't let the reference sway you in any direction. This is evil, uncompromising and uncomfortable music, the likes of which normally emanate in strange waves from Norway. This time it's from the bowels of historic London. To make matters worse (or better) Esoteric's Greg Chandler is on vocals.

Mondays are normally unhappy days. The start of the work week, the continuation of the stupid and inane. Let Lychgate drag you down even farther. Join the descent!"

Band profile: Lychgate
Posted: 03.08.2015 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 47 users
03.08.2015 - 19:21
God Alone
Finally! Gonna listen to it right now.
03.08.2015 - 21:17
Aetherius
Me too!
04.08.2015 - 12:20
Paz
elite
I think they're trying too hard to sound "avant-garde" and cool but in the end we get pretty sloppy songwriting - not memorable at all. That part at 13:23 (don't know how the song's title is due to the shitty yt upload without a tracklist split) is amazing though.
04.08.2015 - 15:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
It is a step forward compared to their debut, but still nothing to really write home about, especially given the pedigree of those involved with it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 1607 | This month: 10