Metal Storm logo
Nu Metal bands you like

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 16.03.2007 - 01:51
So, the title says it all. I made this so the ones here that like nu metal can discuss about the bands we like. So about me, I like:

Godsmack (Although for me it's Alternative), because their songs are really cool, and they have great lyrics and the "Changes" DVD is simply awesome, and theitr drums are great. Sully's voice is quite unique, and their lyrics are pretty nice.

Slipknot, because of their energy, the outfits look great, and their lyrics make me laugh, besides their live shows are quite impressive. Also Vol. 3 is a change, IMO they found that they don't have to scream for everything, and they prove it with a great accoustic song.

Disturbed: David's voice is great. and with their thrid album,. 10.000 fists" they try a new, more melodic sound. besides Dan Donegan proves himself as a great guitar player

KoRn: But only the first albums.

Evanescence, because Amy lee has a great voice, but their last album, "The Open Door" was a big letdown for me.

Also Adema, TrustCompany, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Chevelle, Mudvayne, Soil and I enjoy Metallica's St. Anger.

So that's it. If you have band suggestions you can and must post them as well. If you don't like Nu metal, please don't post bashing bands and attacking with things like "X band sucks" or "Nu metal sucks". Please, let's have some respect for the other fellow MSers taste.
13.09.2012 - 21:52
Junkhead
Hey guys
listen to this new band from israel and share your thoughts !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpjNKCCsiP0
14.09.2012 - 13:37
Angry Chair
51ipKn0t and 5y5t3m 0f 4 D0wN

Might of got carried away righting that

they are the only Nu metal bands I like.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
18.09.2012 - 17:19
Sangre Sani
I like Korn stuff from debut to Take a Look In The Mirror.
I also like System of a Down if they fit to this genre.
11.11.2012 - 00:45
exilephantom
Account deleted
I love Slipknot. I like all of the other nu-metal out there but I Slipknot are definately a favourite of mine. It's a bit strange having them in my list of favourite bands, as they stand next to the likes of Amon Amarth and Napalm Death, bands that are considered a lot heavier.
14.11.2012 - 20:30
PrinceLink
I'm not the biggest Nu Metal fan at all, but I still find the first two Slipknot albums mildly enjoyable.
11.12.2012 - 11:31
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I used to listen to a good deal of Linkin Park's big hits when I was a little kid, and I played "Before I Forget" by Slipknot on Guitar Hero, but not much anymore really. The only nu-metal band that I give a ton of props and respect to is System of a Down, they put out some really great albums and Toxicity is a classic. I remember hearing "Shimmy" from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 on the PS2, and I loved it as I was crashing my skater into the wall and all over the skating park really, lol it was a fun game. good times.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
10.01.2013 - 18:02
Jtbmetal123
Slipknot and Korn are probably my two favorite. I do somewhat favorite Nu-metal because its different from all other metal genres.
12.01.2013 - 18:18
Paz
elite
Yeah, SlipKnoT is my favorite band of this genre suckers!

Credits to J.N. for the link. This shit made ​​my day
23.01.2013 - 02:30
stupid noob
Account deleted
There pretty much isn't a nu metal band I don't like! There are some I like more than others obviously, but it's a sound I love no matter what! I know everyone hates bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit, but they just write catchy and heavy songs that a guy like me can just really get into. I don't think people would call me cool for rocking out to My Generation, but that's why I don't care about what other people think of me. If I did I definitely wouldn't listen to nu metal! HA!
16.08.2013 - 12:29
Skullifrit
I enjoy a large spectrum of music and nu metal and indusrial remain at the top. so far there arent many u metal groups i dont like; coal chamber, korn, limp bizkit, linkin park (first 2 albums omly), system of a down, static x, factory 81 (check um out its basically rage against the machine combined with with limp bizki), littie, slipknot dont consider themselves as "nu metal" but theyre good either way. Tool is my favorite band and I can say they arent nu. Neither is breaking benjamin who are one of the few bands I unconditionally hate. A good band id recommend is max.imum the hormone theyre japanese but dont let that ruin it they are a-fu.cking-mazing
09.10.2013 - 19:17
mizrckerz
What do you guys think about these guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG7RaKLN1Q

possibly my new fav!
09.10.2013 - 19:27
mizrckerz
What do you guys think about these guys?

possibly my new fav!
09.10.2013 - 19:44
mizrckerz
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.07.2012 at 15:00

Written by Guest on 26.07.2012 at 06:44
What is it with people thinking Rob Zombie is Nu metal?

Perhaps it's the remixing of songs or something, I really don't know. There aren't any traces of rap or hip-hop in his music though, so it's a very strange thing to label RZ as nu metal. Maybe people feel the need to separate some of the more hated alternative metal bands from the "good" ones or whatever, and since nu metal is largely a genre comprised of hated bands (Limp Bizkit for instance), it makes sense for them to lump other hated bands in that category.

More of a theory than anything, but it's the only reason I can come up with.

CŌPIA

Check it out!
20.06.2014 - 18:17
Ganondox
Bands where I like their nu metal, but prefer their later material:
Disturbed
Deftones

Bands where I prefer their nu metal material:
Staind
Linkin Park

Pure nu metal bands I like
Korn
13.03.2015 - 19:39
ElizaJupiter
My favorite is probably Maximum the Hormone from Japan. They have a pretty wide range of styles.
24.04.2015 - 01:03
Filthgrinder
Nu metal's okay, but I only really listen to Korn, System of a Down, and Coal Chamber.
----
17.06.2015 - 04:52
Sentinel65
I don't like a lot of nu metal, mostly I like nu metal bands who started as nu metal and changed their sound.

Disturbed: Used to love this band, still like them quite a bit. Definitely prefer their later material, which isn't even nu metal. I think their last album was my favorite.
System of a Down: I'd say that they're alternative, but I like their music a lot. They're a lot of fun to listen to.
Slipknot: I like their later, more melodic material. I found Iowa to be horrifically boring.
17.06.2015 - 11:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Sentinel65 on 17.06.2015 at 04:52

Slipknot: I like their later, more melodic material. I found Iowa to be horrifically boring.

I agree. Not at all a Slipknot fan, but some okay songs I've heard by them are often from their latter years.
----
29.07.2016 - 07:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 28.07.2016 at 20:10

Mudvayne - first two albums
Disturbed - The sickness
System of a down - First three albums, especially the first (steal this album was the single album which got me hooked on metal and I bought it simply because I liked the name
Slipknot - Iowa
Korn - self titled
Linkin park - hybrid theory (yeah lp is pretty shit, but I really like this album)
Soulfly - self titled

Well, thats it I guess.

Exactly in order I got into nu-metal.

Although started listening to Black Sabbath when my father pushed me in with Sabbath Bloody Sabaath track and taste grew viciously. My nu-metal years were very good especially when i came across Slipknot, Mudvayne, Static-X, SOAD and Rasmus(not certainly a nu-metal group but a great rock band).
30.07.2016 - 16:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah, SoaD were the band that got me into metal, too. Toxicity though, back when it was released. From there I went on to melodeath and metalcore, and death and black later. Never liked thrash, and really only started appreciating heavy metal in the past few years or so.

Still really like nu metal though. It serves a purpose.
30.07.2016 - 16:33
Mikolaj
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.07.2016 at 16:06

Yeah, SoaD were the band that got me into metal, too. Toxicity though, back when it was released. From there I went on to melodeath and metalcore, and death and black later. Never liked thrash, and really only started appreciating heavy metal in the past few years or so.

Still really like nu metal though. It serves a purpose.

Yeah, melodeath was one of my first genres too, mostly old In flames (which I still adore). Never really cared about metalcore to be honest, but maybe I just listened to the wrong bands. Thrash dunno. I loved old school thrash right from the beginning, but I never cared about the new thrash bands. I still really like listening to Megadeth, Coroner etc. though. Never cared for heavy metal at all, except a couple of bands (Black sabbath, old Iron maiden, mercyful fate).

Nu metal is kinda the fun genre of metal to me. I like listening to it sometimes, but I dont take it seriously. And its good for that. The lyrics are indeed silly sometimes, but lyrics in death metal are often silly too and nobody cares.
30.07.2016 - 22:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.07.2016 at 16:33

Yeah, melodeath was one of my first genres too, mostly old In flames (which I still adore). Never really cared about metalcore to be honest, but maybe I just listened to the wrong bands. Thrash dunno. I loved old school thrash right from the beginning, but I never cared about the new thrash bands. I still really like listening to Megadeth, Coroner etc. though. Never cared for heavy metal at all, except a couple of bands (Black sabbath, old Iron maiden, mercyful fate).

Nu metal is kinda the fun genre of metal to me. I like listening to it sometimes, but I dont take it seriously. And its good for that. The lyrics are indeed silly sometimes, but lyrics in death metal are often silly too and nobody cares.

The only melodic metalcore I still listen to these days is Killswitch Engage's first couple of albums. Tbh there's not much reason to look elsewhere. As for other metalcore it's a pretty varied genre and I still play a lot of it (SikTh, Converge, Shai Hulud, Integrity and so on). I can appreciate certain early thrash bands, but I mostly gravitate towards speed metal and US power metal, as the melodic elements just make it seem far more interesting to me. Heavy metal can yield some really interesting bands; Manilla Road, Dawnbringer, Slough Feg to name a few. Was never interested in Maiden and Priest though.

But yeah, I always found nu metal the embodiment of fun in metal, which is ironic considering the angst-y lyrics associated with it.
01.08.2016 - 06:05
Overrwatcher
I grew up with my dad constantly blasting the nu-metal side of Linkin Park and Disturbed, so they will always be there for me. Meteora (which I prefer over the debut, much heavier and more consistent) and Ten Thousands Fists are two of my all-time most listened to albums simply because they were the soundtrack in the car from ages like 4 to 12, and I loved it so I kept listening to it from there. Slipknot, Korn, Otep, and Avatar (which isn't fully nu-metal but has notable influences) followed in my nu-metal phase of metal discovery.

Yesterday, while at a friend's house, I heard Limp Bizkit's "Break Stuff" play on the local radio. Why was it playing after 16+ years? I have no idea. But I found myself really enjoying it a lot. As stupid as the band may be, I greatly preferred it over the million same-sounding hyper-poppey "alternative rock" songs that play. It was a giant breath of fresh air, one that wasn't afraid to be fun and aggressive. My friends were wondering how could I listen to this shit when I was rapping along with it. I never thought to say it, but modern rock makes Limp Bizkit look like ballsy music. I don't hate "modern music", I just find modern radio rock to be awful.

I still listen to LP/Disturbed, Slipknot (Iowa is really great), early Korn (but their new single was great), early non-poem Otep, modern Avatar, and of course, System Of A Down. Machine Head's The Burning Red was also pretty good by nu-metal standards, but Supercharger was godawful.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
31.10.2016 - 14:54
Written by Junkhead on 13.09.2012 at 21:52

Hey guys
listen to this new band from israel and share your thoughts !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpjNKCCsiP0

Very nice

Kind Regards,

Bruno, Ionized

Follow us:
https://www.facebook.com/ionizedband
https://www.instagram.com/ionizedband
https://twitter.com/Ionizedband
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUlBWKebr4VjACXWqwcvtPw

EP Big Bad Wolf Out now:
SPOTIFY: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2zqMRFIjftboNTNMZgAQDJ
ITUNES: https://itunes.apple.com/pt/album/id1136256854
03.04.2017 - 19:43
I listen to Disturbed. "Sound of Silence" FTW. Just kidding, my favorite song by them is "Sons of Plunder".
----
Power metal incarnate.
07.08.2017 - 20:05
boffa
Bring Me The Horizon, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Underoath (nu metal?), Disturbed, Thirty Seconds To Mars (Maybe not so much nu metal in the later albums though)
----
http://www.wearethecatalystofficial.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/WATCofficial
https://www.facebook.com/WATCofficial/
12.08.2017 - 18:10
VIG
Account deleted
None, at least not anymore. and I'm not just saying that to be "trve" or "kvlt" and I don't want to be made fun of for music I like. I don't believe in guilty pleasures, either you like it or you don't.

But there are no nu metal bands I can get into. I used to like Korn, Slipknot, and System Of A Down
04.06.2018 - 23:15
Korn, Slipknot and Deftones above everyone else
12.07.2018 - 08:34
Gibbs
Written by AcidMage on 09.09.2012 at 11:50

I don't mind what I've heard from Molotov, and Dope always made me happy - KoRn have some decent songs, but I'd say that the only album I can really put on is "See You On The Other Side".

SYOTOS is my fave too!
29.07.2018 - 16:42
Korn, Deftones and Disturbed are the best