Metal Storm logo
Aborted - Unveil New Album Cover

Following the release of the EP Termination Redux, brutal gore death metallers Aborted have just revealed the first details regarding their new album. Retrogore will bring more brutality from the Belgian unit and you can now take a look at the pure horror of the cover artwork available below.

The detailed artwork was masterfully crafted by Christopher Lovell. Retrogore will mark Aborted's ninth studio album and will see a worldwide release in April of 2016 through Century Media Records. Their label describes it as their "most mature and diverse album to date."

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Aborted
Posted: 13.02.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 100 users
13.02.2016 - 13:56
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I don't know why I expected something less...Aborted.
13.02.2016 - 14:11
Hellcult

Gr8 artwork!
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
13.02.2016 - 14:14
Spirit of dead

Shame their covers are better than their music. These guys have really struggled to do anything interesting for years.
13.02.2016 - 14:32
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Spirit of dead on 13.02.2016 at 14:14
Shame their covers are better than their music. These guys have really struggled to do anything interesting for years.

In my own opinion, I'd say Global Flatline and The Necrotic Manifesto are top notch releases with excellent guest vocalists. Though I'd love to hear another Engineering The Dead or The Archaic Abattoir.
13.02.2016 - 14:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Mmm, looks like a tribute to the Autopsy - Severed Survival cover (both the original and the censored one)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.02.2016 - 17:43
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Yes their last 2 albums were fantastic so hoping they sustain the good form.
15.02.2016 - 21:52
Opethian

Lets hope this is a change in direction. Last two were forgettable as fuck
15.02.2016 - 23:29
Spirit of dead

Written by Opethian on 15.02.2016 at 21:52

Totally agree. They've forgotten how to write a memorable song.
16.02.2016 - 01:11
Opethian

Written by Spirit of dead on 15.02.2016 at 23:29

Written by Opethian on 15.02.2016 at 21:52

Totally agree. They've forgotten how to write a memorable song.

What's worse are the people who get into their new material and totally dismiss their older albums and consider the new material as their 'Best' and we're all TROLLS for not seeing eye to eye with their opinion .....
16.02.2016 - 01:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Opethian on 16.02.2016 at 01:11

What's worse are the people who get into their new material and totally dismiss their older albums and consider the new material as their 'Best' and we're all TROLLS for not seeing eye to eye with their opinion .....

Said no one ever.
16.02.2016 - 01:38
Spirit of dead

Written by Guest on 16.02.2016 at 01:14

Said no one ever.

Not on this particular thread at least.

To be fair, I often see people harping on about new albums being "best since"/awesome even when they're quite mediocre - e.g. new Iron Maiden album had a bit of that.

And then the next one will get the same treatment while the previous one will get sledged. Again Iron Maiden's a great example - people harping on how Final Frontier was crap whilst Book of Souls is excellent even though both albums tread the same ground and in case of Book of Souls go back to the mindless bloated repetitive structures of X Factor and Virtual XI.
16.02.2016 - 02:16
Opethian

Written by Guest on 16.02.2016 at 01:14

Written by Opethian on 16.02.2016 at 01:11

Said no one ever.

All over their FB
16.02.2016 - 02:24
Spirit of dead

Written by Opethian on 16.02.2016 at 02:16

All over their FB

Well that's not surprising as I guess the vast majority of people hanging out on band's facebooks would be fanboys.
16.02.2016 - 02:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Opethian on 16.02.2016 at 02:16

All over their FB

Oh, I thought you meant actual people, not Facebook plebs.
16.02.2016 - 02:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Spirit of dead on 16.02.2016 at 01:38

Not on this particular thread at least.

To be fair, I often see people harping on about new albums being "best since"/awesome even when they're quite mediocre - e.g. new Iron Maiden album had a bit of that.

And then the next one will get the same treatment while the previous one will get sledged. Again Iron Maiden's a great example - people harping on how Final Frontier was crap whilst Book of Souls is excellent even though both albums tread the same ground and in case of Book of Souls go back to the mindless bloated repetitive structures of X Factor and Virtual XI.

I see a lot of the former thing, much less of the "dismissing older albums" spiel (though probably true for the janky, more recent ones like you said). I would say if someone is going to fanboy over a newer, mediocre record then 9 times out of 10 they think their classic / better early albums are gifts from God, and tend not to deride people who like them (or "troll" them as some would have us believe).
16.02.2016 - 02:56
Spirit of dead

Written by Guest on 16.02.2016 at 02:33

I see a lot of the former thing, much less of the "dismissing older albums" spiel (though probably true for the janky, more recent ones like you said). I would say if someone is going to fanboy over a newer, mediocre record then 9 times out of 10 they think their classic / better early albums are gifts from God, and tend not to deride people who like them (or "troll" them as some would have us believe).

I was more referring to criticising more modern ones as opposed to "classics".

You're totally right about older albums being regarded as gifts from god by people. There's a real herd mentality about this.
16.02.2016 - 18:43
Opethian

If you're a band with the name ABORTED and you claim to be Brutal Death Metal you better fucking live up to it. That's how I see it. I listened to their latest EP and it was as generic as they come.
16.02.2016 - 19:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Opethian on 16.02.2016 at 18:43

If you're a band with the name ABORTED and you claim to be Brutal Death Metal you better fucking live up to it.

As far as I can remember the band never claimed to be brutal death metal. Death metal, yes, but not brutal death metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2093 | This month: 5