Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 76 users
11.04.2016 - 20:30
Rating: 8
Joppe
Steelemeister
Great debut and one of the best albums by the band IMO. While the album is almost full of great songs, for me "Run with The Pack" is the winner here. One of the best songs by the band in overall as well.
----
My vision is augmented
18.04.2020 - 12:19
Joppe
Steelemeister
Re-listen: The album is superb, better than first Iron Maiden easily, and aptly the song Leather And Lust would fit better on that album, if you'd ask me. All songs are good except maybe "Witch's Eye" is a bit weaker than others. The two first songs are great; "Towards The Unknown"'s chorus part is probably the greatest moment of this album (along with whole of Run with the pack). "Shadows Of Iga" is another long time favourite.

James Rivera could destroy posers with his voice
----
My vision is augmented
18.04.2020 - 14:36
Rating: 7
majormalfunction

Written by Joppe on 18.04.2020 at 12:19

Re-listen: The album is superb, better than first Iron Maiden easily

Nah can't agree with that, Iron Maidens debut is such a milestone and pretty much laid the groundwork for how heavy metal should be done. But this is absolutely a great record, gonna give their records some spins this weekend.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
18.04.2020 - 14:38
JoHn Doe

All these resurrecting of Helstar album threads makes me wanna listen to some Helstar
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
18.04.2020 - 16:33
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by JoHn Doe on 18.04.2020 at 14:38

All these resurrecting of Helstar album threads makes me wanna listen to some Helstar

I started already, for two days I'm stuck with first three albums Still anticipating Bad English's comments.
----
My vision is augmented
18.04.2020 - 16:36
JoHn Doe

Written by Joppe on 18.04.2020 at 16:33

Written by JoHn Doe on 18.04.2020 at 14:38

I started already, for two days I'm stuck with first three albums Still anticipating Bad English's comments.

I listened to the debut.
I never anticipate Bad English comments.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
18.04.2020 - 16:48
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by majormalfunction on 18.04.2020 at 14:36

Nah can't agree with that, Iron Maidens debut is such a milestone and pretty much laid the groundwork for how heavy metal should be done. But this is absolutely a great record, gonna give their records some spins this weekend.

IM debut sure had more importance being in 1980, still I say Burning Star is better album, better songwriting, Rivera is metaller singer than D'ianno. Like someone wrote in MA; this could be the first power metal album.
----
My vision is augmented
23.04.2020 - 16:02
Rating: 7
majormalfunction

Maybe not great (as I stated in a comment above) but still a really nice debut. It features two of their most profilic tracks, Run With the Pack and Towards the Unknown.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands

Hits total: 5216 | This month: 17