Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Discuss Early Years In New Spotify Documentary Series

With the new Spotify Landmark documentary series, Landmark - Metallica: The Early Years, fans will get a chance to look back on the start of Metallica's career. Spotify's first music documentary will debut on August 18th and will feature four episodes. For now, a trailer has been released to whet your appetite. Watch it here!

Each chapter of The Early Years - Metal Militia, Metal Up Your Ass, Sophistication and Brutality, and Armageddon's Here - will feature exclusive interviews with James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett and Lars Ulrich. All four chapters will be released simultaneously on August 18th.

A description for the series reads: "Metallica: The Early Years celebrates penpals, the birth of thrash metal, heavy-riffing cellists, and the origins of one of rock's most influential bands. Focusing on the period from band's formation in 1981 through the release of 1984's Ride The Lighting, each chapter features candid interviews, rare archival footage, messed-up animations from Anthony Schepperd, and unusual context showcasing the strange ways Metallica's tentacles continue to worm their way through our collective unconscious."

Metallica: Back To The Front, the definitive story of Master Of Puppets and the subsequent tour that followed its release, hits bookstores and online sellers on September 13th, 2016. A very special Collector's Edition of the book will be available two weeks earlier on August 30th, 2016. Written by critically acclaimed author Matt Taylor (Jaws: Memories from Martha's Vineyard), it contains Foreword by James Hetfield and Afterword by Ray Burton.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 17.08.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 90 users
17.08.2016 - 18:20
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Somewhere I read it's all been done to promote new album.

Really?
17.08.2016 - 21:47
ANGEL REAPER

I think that these days they live from talking about past more than making any good music...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
18.08.2016 - 03:19
MyNameJeff

Lmao what the hell went wrong with this band...
Too many things at this point.
18.08.2016 - 10:31
Hellcult

I don't expect much ov of them, just one goddamned album once a few bloody years!!! and what do we get again?, rubish!
Why so many other trash metal bands(Kreator, Slayer, Sodom, Anthrax, Megadeth etc.) can record something worthy listening and they don't?!, propably to much money in their pockets or so....
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
19.08.2016 - 00:52
garmling
Account deleted
Written by Hellcult on 18.08.2016 at 10:31

I don't expect much ov of them, just one goddamned album once a few bloody years!!! and what do we get again?, rubish!
Why so many other trash metal bands(Kreator, Slayer, Sodom, Anthrax, Megadeth etc.) can record something worthy listening and they don't?!, propably to much money in their pockets or so....

well, you can hear now what they are up too....I don't know what to think after listening the first new song, but it's thrashy, yep.....
http://teamrock.com/news/2016-08-18/metallica-announce-new-album-hardwired-to-self-destruct
06.04.2022 - 23:24
BillieMartin

James Hetfield looked like a friend of mine, only with long hair! To all those who criticize them for their lack of new albums, I would like to point out that their last album is considered by many fans to be the best. And it came out after the last Slayer album, if you want to compare the big four bands. I remember when their 2016 hits instantly racked up millions of hits on Spotify, like they paid gazillions of dollars to mymusicviral.com to promote their album.

Hits total: 2231 | This month: 1