Metal Storm logo
Meshuggah - New Song Available Online

Meshuggah just premiered a brand new track and the eager fans can now listen to it! The new song is called "Born In Dissonance" and will appear on Meshuggah's eighth album, The Violent Sleep Of Reason, out October 7th via Nuclear Blast. Expect some Meshuggah dissonance. Are you happy with it?

Drummer Haake said about the new song: "It ties in with the Biblical Apocalypse, the idea of a deity coming back to undo it all and taking to heaven the ones who are righteous. It's about a monster that's coming for us, or maybe an asteroid hurtling towards the earth. It's always been a weird conundrum for me how some people, even devout people, fear the Apocalypse whilst others welcome it. I've never understood that."

The Violent Sleep Of Reason was inspired by a Goya painting called "The Sleep Of Reason Produces Monsters".

Created by Keerych Luminokaya

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Meshuggah
Posted: 25.08.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 151 users
25.08.2016 - 18:16
Korah
Ok this is awesome. Really good premiere track. The main song would be "Clockworks", I can't image the level!
----
Don't cry for my English
25.08.2016 - 23:40
garmling
Account deleted
I'm not a huge fan of this band, but this sounds damn good! Will have to check the whole thing when its out.....
25.08.2016 - 23:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Even with lowered expectations this didn't work for me. Guess I'll stick with pre-Obzen stuff and call it a day.
26.08.2016 - 00:30
Paz
elite
Meh indeed.
26.08.2016 - 02:29
Alley-Yeti
So boring.
26.08.2016 - 13:36
Rapid Fire
Good track. I'm missing some visionary innovations though, as it is usual with this band. Let's wait to the entire thing, personally I have high hopes, yet it's difficult to keep the level of the previous releases.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
26.08.2016 - 20:43
drummercrm
I like Meshuggah a lot but sometimes I think they should just go purely instrumental... are the vocals really that necessary to the music?
26.08.2016 - 21:36
Paradoxical
This was utterly boring.
28.08.2016 - 00:17
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Time to hang it up boys. Wish Fredrik would just focus his talents on a new Special Defects album.
28.08.2016 - 06:55
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Introspekrieg on 28.08.2016 at 00:17

Time to hang it up boys. Wish Fredrik would just focus his talents on a new Special Defects album.

This.
28.08.2016 - 12:44
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Is this really the best the album will have to offer? :/
06.09.2016 - 23:47
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I think I like the guitar sound and general production better than the last album, but the song didn't do much to make me care about it. Sounds like vanilla Meshuggah. Hopefully the rest of the album will be more interesting.
----

Hits total: 2979 | This month: 6