02. The River's Mouth
03. Sacred Horse
04. Axis Of The Worlds
05. Feathers Of Eolh
06. Hiindsiight
07. Djupet [bonus]
08. What Else Is There? [bonus] [Röyksopp cover]

Additional info
Produced by Ivar Bjørnson Peersen, Grutle Kjellson and Iver Sandøy.
Cover art: Truls Espedal

Found in 45 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 64   Visited by: 909 users
07.08.2017 - 18:38
3rdWorld
China was a neat
The Gods have returned.
07.08.2017 - 22:44
Maco
Pvt Funderground
They mentioned that this time they included some shoegaze elements, intrigued.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
08.08.2017 - 02:02
Rating: 8
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Woo-hoo, cannot wait.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.08.2017 - 11:42
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
One band you cannot miss out.
10.08.2017 - 23:29
VIG
Account deleted
In Times was really good. Looking forward to this one of course!
11.08.2017 - 18:33
ovk
Storm Son is here.

11.08.2017 - 21:18
Rating: 7
Metren
Dreadrealm
Quite like the new clean vocalist in Storm Son, other than that the song is terrible, boring and predictable, the very definition of auto pilot. Thank goodness that I wasn't even expecting anything good.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
13.10.2017 - 00:42
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
TONIGHT, 8 pm Eastern time, tune in for THE THROWDOWN
Yes, we said THE THROWDOWN. What is this magnificent event of which we speak? A no-holds-barred battle to the death between Enslaved's E and Septicflesh's Codex Omega. Can the progressive black metal of the Norwegian masters topple the over-fellated symphonic death shenanigans of those Greeks with that guy whose atrocious artwork is literally everywhere? Which album shall ultimately receive more 10s from the influx of fans giving them perfect scores just because of the name attached to them? I don't know, Sonny Jim, but you better bring your goddamn popcorn, because Michael Jackson has been dead for 8 years.

8 PM EASTERN TIME
THE THROWDOWN
BE THERE
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.10.2017 - 00:45
Rating: 9
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2017 at 00:42

THE THROWDOWN

IT HAS BEGUN. HIDE SOMEWHERE SAFE. PICK A DRONE DOOM BAND THREAD AND HIDE THERE!
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
13.10.2017 - 08:35
Soulhole
Enslaved is getting weird with this one. At least it doesn't sound like cookie cutter bull crap. Axis of the Worlds is my favorite track so far.
13.10.2017 - 09:46
Rating: 6
Didnt quite feel it. Played it in full during an hour-long drive, nothing worth remembering or trying again
13.10.2017 - 12:51
nonZero
Good, but ultimately disappointing. Stick with RIITIIR or Axioma Ethica Odini.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
13.10.2017 - 15:13
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
So I listened this yesterday

It almost didn't sound like I was listening to Enslaved..? Well it was pretty good though
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
13.10.2017 - 17:22
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Soulhole on 13.10.2017 at 08:35

Enslaved is getting weird with this one

Weird like Monumension?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.10.2017 - 17:41
Maco
Pvt Funderground
They're weird again? :0
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
13.10.2017 - 17:51
musclassia
Staff
I'm gonna need a few listens to properly digest it I think. It's a much bigger departure from In Times than that album was from RIITIIR or AEO. There is some real variety in the songs, especially the trudging dirge that is Djupet, and are some really weird parts on here, particularly in the keyboards and clean vocals on some of the middle songs. Storm Son, which may still be my favourite song, is notably more conventional than a couple of the tracks. It's not avant-garde or anything, but it's a bit strange. I still enjoyed the first listen and can certainly see it growing on me, and it continues the strong streak of albums from BTL onwards, all of which I greatly enjoy listening to, but it's a bit of a surprise coming after the last couple of releases.
13.10.2017 - 18:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2017 at 17:22

Weird like Monumension?

not that far out, but they definitely have bits and pieces here and there that start to fly off in that direction. Axis of the Worlds definitely made me think of Monumension.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.10.2017 - 18:33
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 13.10.2017 at 18:30

not that far out, but they definitely have bits and pieces here and there that start to fly off in that direction. Axis of the Worlds definitely made me think of Monumension.

Good stuff, I wasn't all that crazy over In Times but hearing that definitely makes me a bit more excited to get to this one now
----

~ II. VII
13.10.2017 - 18:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2017 at 18:33

Good stuff, I wasn't all that crazy over In Times but hearing that definitely makes me a bit more excited to get to this one now

Still in first listen through, still mostly AEO and on era Enslaved framework, just with more weird bits or flourishes than recent forays. You can hear a little Monumension here (as above), Clouds off Vertebrae there (Feathers of Eolh).

It's Enslaved, so I'm definitely really enjoying it on the surface, but will require a couple more spins to sink in more completely and get a true reading.
----

13.10.2017 - 23:17
Rating: 4
terroriser
Really? Seriously?

So far mediocre at best. Another band turns Opeth which means shit. I'm very very dissatisfied and disappointed.

Somebody above mentioned E going versus Codex Omega. My answer to it is: Septicflesh all the way!
----
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4i2hn2aUeKBtxzw8UN2EML?si=_gXZwweyShiek4Dmk5UzpA
14.10.2017 - 02:09
Rating: 10
The Galactician
One listen so far but what I heard I really liked a lot. To my ears and personal tastes, this definitely has far stronger songwriting chops than In Times did.

Looking forward to the tour!

EDIT: After multiple listens this is my favorite since Ruun. It just gets better and better every time I hear it.
14.10.2017 - 09:01
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
After hearing Storm Son, I wasn't expecting much, but on the whole this album is about up to par with most of their stuff, from what I can tell so far. Storm Son has also grown on me a little bit--it's possible that the rest of this album might grow on me, as well.
----
14.10.2017 - 11:09
Nicko's Nose
Excellent album. I've only listened to it once and I already know it's better than everything else in the top 20.
14.10.2017 - 14:41
Paz
Elite
Written by terroriser on 13.10.2017 at 23:17

Another band turns Opeth which means shit.

That's hilarious

Nothing has changed. The award for the most consistent band on the planet still belongs to them!
14.10.2017 - 15:39
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Paz on 14.10.2017 at 14:41

Nothing has changed. The award for the most consistent band on the planet still belongs to them!

Amen. What a monstrous release!
After a couple of listens I find myself also among the people with the opinion that this is better and far more interesting than In Times.
Feels good to have a band that doesn't disappoint.
----
is not bold enough
14.10.2017 - 15:55
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by InnerSelf on 14.10.2017 at 15:39

Written by Paz on 14.10.2017 at 14:41

Amen. What a monstrous release!
After a couple of listens I find myself also among the people with the opinion that this is better and far more interesting than In Times.
Feels good to have a band that doesn't disappoint.

I still hafta listen to this. So glad to hear your comments Inner. Was worried about some of the ones above...whew...
----
rekt
14.10.2017 - 16:00
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by tea[m]ster on 14.10.2017 at 15:55

I still hafta listen to this. So glad to hear your comments Inner. Was worried about some of the ones above...whew...

I'm pretty sure you're going to love this.
----
is not bold enough
14.10.2017 - 19:31
God Alone
I've learned not to judge an Enslaved album after just one spin. Or even two, or three, or four, for that matter. They demand patience and rarely strike me at first listen. I remember when In Times came out and left me sorely disappointed. Now it's my favourite along with Axioma, I absolutely&utterly&foreverly love it.
This one sounds pretty great so far, but it's toooo early and I'm quite sure it will grow like a monster.
14.10.2017 - 22:16
Tuonelan
No rating yet -- still digesting -- but the rating will be on the high end. To my ears it sounds like they have circled back to their Monumension - Ruun era space rock influence and are taking it somewhere new as Vinje adds a different energy to the songs than Larsen did and that's shaking up the old habits.

It still sounds like Enslaved, but it doesn't sound like a band repeating itself. This sounds like fresh discovery and exploration and gives me hope that the band is nowhere near either falling off or going stale.
----
Hopepunk living on a grimdark timeline
15.10.2017 - 02:07
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I've only had one listen through but have no idea what to make of this album. That's standard for this band. I'll probably need a week of listening to make sense of it. Like others have said, I need patience to make sense of it all.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...

Hits total: 15328 | This month: 47