Metal Storm logo
Clicking on profile picture to go to profile

‹‹ Back to Bugs
20.09.2017 - 02:31
VIG
Account deleted
This is just a small error in which a user can click their name in the top left to go to their profile, but if they click on the profile picture right next to it it doesn't work most of the time. Most of the time it comes up with a black screen that says 404 - Page not found.

I realized the reason for this is when you click the picture it takes you to http://www.metalstorm.net/users/users/profile.php?user_id=(insert user id here) instead of http://www.metalstorm.net/users/profile.php?user_id=(insert user id here)
20.09.2017 - 16:47
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Hmm...

I tested and what seems to be happening is that whenever you are not in your profile page, clicking on the pic redirects (always correctly) to the profile page
However when you are already in your profile page, then it redirects to /users/users and therefore gives the 404 stuff

I doubt you would click on your profile pic to be redirected to your profile if you are already there, so my guess is that your mouse may have that bug which presses the button twice sometimes?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.09.2017 - 15:16
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 20.09.2017 at 16:47

Hmm...

I tested and what seems to be happening is that whenever you are not in your profile page, clicking on the pic redirects (always correctly) to the profile page
However when you are already in your profile page, then it redirects to /users/users and therefore gives the 404 stuff

I doubt you would click on your profile pic to be redirected to your profile if you are already there, so my guess is that your mouse may have that bug which presses the button twice sometimes?

No, I think your right. I did notice after updating my profile and then clicking on the picture to reload, and then I just kept trying over and over again. I never tried it outside of my profile. Sorry about that.
04.10.2017 - 04:16
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 20.09.2017 at 16:47

Actually, I now realize that if you are on anyone's profile page and you click your picture in the top left then it does the http://www.metalstorm.net/users/users/profile.php?user_id= thing
04.10.2017 - 17:47
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 04.10.2017 at 04:16

Actually, I now realize that if you are on anyone's profile page and you click your picture in the top left then it does the http://www.metalstorm.net/users/users/profile.php?user_id= thing

Oh, that's right. Haven't realized that
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
04.10.2017 - 17:48
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 04.10.2017 at 17:47

Oh, that's right. Haven't realized that

So it's still technically a minor problem.
11.10.2017 - 15:14
VIG
Account deleted
I think this should be fixed, because if you are on someone's profile and you want to go to yours and you naturally click your picture in the top left, then it just directs you to the wrong link.
14.10.2017 - 03:43
VIG
Account deleted
Just tried and it's still not fixed...

Yo Ivan, a little help, here?
23.10.2017 - 16:30
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Guest on 14.10.2017 at 03:43

Just tried and it's still not fixed...

Yo Ivan, a little help, here?

It's fixed now.
23.10.2017 - 16:43
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Ivan on 23.10.2017 at 16:30

It's fixed now.

Thanks!
02.02.2019 - 03:24
Chyna Rose

I sort of had the same problem--I tried to post this one cat for my profile picture and it went to my photo collection, so, I had to pick yet another cat picture for my profile picture...can't figure out how to get the picture removed from the photo collection on my profile page...am slightly confused, am new here...also, I got a little confused making posts here at first...just guess I have to try and figure things out for myself...P.S. the pictures of the cats on my profile are not my cats, I found them on the internet, I love cats..anyhow..This is the nuttiest post I have ever made..am totally confused for sure!! UGH!!! =-((
----
-ain't skeerd-
05.02.2020 - 07:13
Moonless Night

I have a similar problem. When I click on my profile picture or username, I'm always redirected to other people profile pages or get 404 error page. Can it be fixed somehow?
05.02.2020 - 08:27
Ragnarok 1954

I also have a similar problem. When I click on my profile picture or username, I get a 404 error page. I can access my profile in edit mode but the main profile error leads to an error 404
----
Mea navis volitans anguillis plena est
05.02.2020 - 14:24
JoHn Doe

I don't know what's going on, but when I click on a user profile, I get someone else's or page not found.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
05.02.2020 - 14:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Da faq if I lok at few profiles from PC they dont work, same mine, mine is eror as you but from mobile all works fine
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.02.2020 - 14:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Weird I click from mobile again my profile, it directs to other users every time different
----

apos;'
[image]
11.02.2020 - 06:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Attention

This problem still exists (at least for me and other users in this thread).

I would have PM'd you but whenever I click your username it brings up random pages or 404 error messages just like with any other user ID link.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.02.2020 - 13:31
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.02.2020 at 06:49

Attention

This problem still exists (at least for me and other users in this thread).

I would have PM'd you but whenever I click your username it brings up random pages or 404 error messages just like with any other user ID link.

Through the forum, there's also a Send PM button in between Quote and Edit/Delete, that appears to work.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
11.02.2020 - 22:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Problem is back
----

apos;'
[image]
11.02.2020 - 22:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by RaduP on 11.02.2020 at 13:31

Through the forum, there's also a Send PM button in between Quote and Edit/Delete, that appears to work.

I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure what its capabilities are
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.02.2020 - 09:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Bad English on 11.02.2020 at 22:02

Problem is back

Resolved, as of now.
14.02.2020 - 12:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Same sho on band profile, if you use ubb code in news and PM click, same eror
----

apos;'
[image]