02. Песнь 2
03. Песнь 3
04. Песнь 4
05. Песнь 5
06. Песнь 6
07. Песнь 7
08. Песнь 8

Additional info
Music composed, produced, recorded and mastered by Krzysztof Drabikowski at Sphieratz Studio, Sobolewo, Poland.

Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 38   Visited by: 724 users
27.05.2019 - 15:59
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Now try to beat this, Mr. Krysiuk.

----
signatures = SPAM
28.05.2019 - 11:05
Rating: 6
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
The opening track is amazing, but unfortunately the rest doesn't live up to it.
28.05.2019 - 11:11
nikarg

Written by Paz on 28.05.2019 at 11:05

The opening track is amazing, but unfortunately the rest doesn't live up to it.

I agree. It would always be difficult to produce a follow-up as good as the debut since the latter's surprising elements wouldn't be surprising anymore, but the main problem is that the songwriting is clearly inferior unfortunately.
28.05.2019 - 15:47
Rating: 8
kam1kaze

So these are the good Batushka or are they the others?
28.05.2019 - 15:49
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by kam1kaze on 28.05.2019 at 15:47

The good one
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
28.05.2019 - 20:19
TheBigRossowski

Written by RaduP on 28.05.2019 at 15:49

Written by kam1kaze on 28.05.2019 at 15:47

The good one

Well based on the recent statement from the former drummer, it seems like there is no "good one" in that sense. If you haven't read it, just read it. Lotta ins, lotta outs... this is a very complicated case, man. lol
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
28.05.2019 - 21:28
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by TheBigRossowski on 28.05.2019 at 20:19

Well based on the recent statement from the former drummer, it seems like there is no "good one" in that sense. If you haven't read it, just read it. Lotta ins, lotta outs... this is a very complicated case, man. lol

The statement doesn't change that much, really
----
29.05.2019 - 01:01
Vombatus
Potorro
Tracks 1 & 5 are amazing.
Rest is just Litourgiya dragging on and on. Considering it wasn't an album with a load of replay value, it doesn't help much.
I can probably spin it every couple of months as the music is enjoyable and unique enough, but not more.
29.05.2019 - 13:46
TheBigRossowski

Written by RaduP on 28.05.2019 at 21:28

Written by TheBigRossowski on 28.05.2019 at 20:19

The statement doesn't change that much, really

I think you would have to quantify that statement. If Drab wrote most of the music, but Bart brought it to life through the performances, costumes and the rest, there is some intellectual property right issue that I think might underestimate. At least on paper. Legal paper, man.

At the end of the day, there's a lot of he said-she said.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
31.05.2019 - 08:25
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by TheBigRossowski on 29.05.2019 at 13:46

I think you would have to quantify that statement. If Drab wrote most of the music, but Bart brought it to life through the performances, costumes and the rest, there is some intellectual property right issue that I think might underestimate. At least on paper. Legal paper, man.

Whatever was the case, Bart can't just take the band and kick Krys from it like he did. They can go to court and see what they outcome is... if they want to split royalties of Litourgiya, see who gets the Batushka name, see if nobody gets the Batushka name and they have to make new names for their project, etc. But however good or bad can both be, the dick act is on Bart.
03.06.2019 - 01:12
X-FrEaK

Well... I saw Batushka (Faketushka) in Fortarock today. It was their first concert after the drama.

I am speechless. I abandoned a concert of a band I really like for the first time in my 30 years of life (second but Moonspell played 3 albums in a row, and I had already seen them like 10 times so I just wanted to rest).

They were not allowed to play any show under the moniker Batushka, well... What they did was not playing anything from Litourgia. Everything is new, and everything is awful, some songs have a kind of almost danceable beat. That is not Batushka, the atmosphere is not the same, the only thing remaining is the time they take to start the show with all the shenanigans.

RIP Faketushka
----
03.06.2019 - 01:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by X-FrEaK on 03.06.2019 at 01:12
They were not allowed to play any show under the moniker Batushka, well... What they did was not playing anything from Litourgia. Everything is new, and everything is awful, some songs have a kind of almost danceable beat. That is not Batushka, the atmosphere is not the same, the only thing remaining is the time they take to start the show with all the shenanigans.
RIP Faketushka

Wow! I always wondered how those concerts would turn out. Did they play under another monicker or did they still go by Batushka at the festival/concert you were at?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.06.2019 - 02:01
X-FrEaK

Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.06.2019 at 01:20

RIP Faketushka

Wow! I always wondered how those concerts would turn out. Did they play under another monicker or did they still go by Batushka at the festival/concert you were at?

They go by Batushka, the stage shenanigans are the same, the outfits are a little bit different and there was no choir in stage, not that I have seen, but the music now barely has any chants.
----
03.06.2019 - 22:24
Unhealer
Eclecticist

Well... I saw Batushka (Faketushka) in Fortarock today. It was their first concert after the drama.

I am speechless. I abandoned a concert of a band I really like for the first time in my 30 years of life (second but Moonspell played 3 albums in a row, and I had already seen them like 10 times so I just wanted to rest).

RIP Faketushka

Thanks for sharing, too bad. What was the general reaction from people? I'm surprised empty glass bottles didn't fly towards them.
04.06.2019 - 00:30
X-FrEaK

Me and my friend (also a Batushka fan) just left after four songs, and we saw some people leaving as well, didnt hear any kind of angry reaction or anything though
----
07.06.2019 - 14:20
Reaper_Redeemer

For sure in the spirit of the first album, anyone can understand that Krzysztof was the one that wrote the music. The first four tracks are pretty good and especially the first one. Of course it is not as good as the groundbreaking Litourgiya, but it is a good follow up. I hope Bart will abandon the name, so that Krzysztof shall continue undisturbed with his work...
11.06.2019 - 23:25
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by metaladdicted on 09.06.2019 at 12:21

Rating abuse:
Http://www.metalstorm.net/users/album_votes.php?user_id=198248
http://www.metalstorm.net/users/album_votes.php?user_id=198246

thanks, but pretty sure we already have a thread to shame rating abusers...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.06.2019 - 10:05
s(AINT)

Saw them at Download festival last week. They were the first band that i genuinely got very bored of watching and left to go to the bar instead because it took them 15mins to complete the unnecessarily lengthy and boring stage rituals which added nothing to the show and pissed off quite a few people.

In fact, people got bored of the long and anti climatic build up that much, that many left before the first song was even played. Once the music finally started, a beer pint was thrown at the stage missing the vocalist before more people left. The band played 3-4 songs for what was supposed to be a 45min set i believe and the 2 songs that i powered through, i could barely hear the vocals.

And then there's the whole legal issue with the band's rights etc.

Not going to bother with this album or any of this band's material in the future, simply not worth my money.
21.06.2019 - 10:27
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by s(AINT) on 21.06.2019 at 10:05

Saw them at Download festival last week. They were the first band that i genuinely got very bored of watching and left to go to the bar instead because it took them 15mins to complete the unnecessarily lengthy and boring stage rituals which added nothing to the show and pissed off quite a few people.

In fact, people got bored of the long and anti climatic build up that much, that many left before the first song was even played. Once the music finally started, a beer pint was thrown at the stage missing the vocalist before more people left. The band played 3-4 songs for what was supposed to be a 45min set i believe and the 2 songs that i powered through, i could barely hear the vocals.

And then there's the whole legal issue with the band's rights etc.

Not going to bother with this album or any of this band's material in the future, simply not worth my money.

None of the people you saw last week perform on this album.
----
22.06.2019 - 11:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
They don't even perform the same songs.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.07.2019 - 10:11
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
----
26.07.2019 - 14:38
Rating: 10
666tipex666

No Words. Epic.
Make me want to become christian and kill jesus at the same time.
27.07.2019 - 23:31
Satyr73

This is the real "Barushka" !!! Listen to the music and the reefs and you will find out who creates everything in this group ...
02.08.2019 - 18:50
Rating: 10
Big-Al

If only this had a physical CD release too
----

I drink moosepiss
03.08.2019 - 17:16
Satyr73

One of the most pleasant surprises on black metal back in 2015 was the debut album by then mysterious polish band Batushka and from there the band made a large splash on the Polish scene and across the world of extreme metal. Unfortunately the success of Litourgiya and clout Batushka earned caused the now very public legal dispute between founder Krzysztof Drabikowski and former singer Bartłomiej Krysiuk and both parties are planning to continue using the name. But all that is beside the point now which is the album that Drabikowski released online out of nowhere to the surprise of everyone familiar with Batushka and frankly if there was any doubt of who was the mastermind behind what made Litourgiya so good is definitely Krzysztof Drabikowski aka "Христофор".
09.08.2019 - 00:23
Satyr73

Panikhida or "Панихида" is the name of the album which roughly translates to "Requiem" is indeed the follow up to Litourgiya many were waiting and wanting, musically the album picks up where Litourgiya left off, the unique blend of Polish black metal and Orthodox Gregorian chanting is back in full force but this time the music takes a much more layered and even melodic direction, its much more refined and focused than in Litourgiya while maintaining the atmosphere and ethos of that same album. Due to the legal dispute over the Batushka name Drabikowski has had to compose the album entirely by himself, although for this album he had the help of Lech or Лех; his original pick for lead vocals of Batushka but was sadly unavailable and Черный Монах; one of the three backing vocalists of Batushka as guest vocalists. However that doesn't detract from how this album has turned out, Drabikowski succeeded in expanding Batushka's sound. The biggest standout of how much of an upgrade this album from a musical perspective is the second song, simply titled Песнь II; it's the band's longest track and has a unique structure, going from fast to mid-pace to an ambient dirge which those with a keen ear will identify as the intro melody from Batushka's live concerts in 2016 and 2017.
09.08.2019 - 00:25
Satyr73

Furthermore the album has a much more somber tone than Litourgiya, that album was very opulent and even operatic in places, but for Panikhida, the tone is much more melancholic and forlorn, which is very appropriate considering the title, since a "Requiem" is a mass dedicated for the dead, a memorial service and the music's overall tone and atmosphere have this overwhelming and cold feel that perfectly encapsulates this particular theme of remembering the dead. One issue worth highlighting is that the production of this album is a bit more rough than its predecessor, understandable since Derph had to work on the album himself on his own home studio and while that may be an issue for some, it's not a deal breaker and in my opinion it actually enhances the overall experience, the echoing and distant vocals help create the dark atmosphere of mourning that the music evokes, however for those who notice production flaws it may take them a few spins to really appreciate the album.
09.08.2019 - 00:28
Mercurial

Written by Satyr73 on 09.08.2019 at 00:25

Why are you copying mass-walls of text from Metal Archive reviews?
09.08.2019 - 00:37
Satyr73

Written by Mercurial on 09.08.2019 at 00:28

Written by Satyr73 on 09.08.2019 at 00:25

Why are you copying mass-walls of text from Metal Archive reviews?

because I wrote it and who are you to give me a negative comment?!?!?! What do you dislike about my comment? Share it!

Or you are a fan of the fake pseudo group Batyushka and you don't like the comments about their theft. People who understand music see the difference. So last and don't comment on the crap !!!
09.08.2019 - 00:50
Mercurial

I think I hit a nerve there.

Hits total: 11940 | This month: 43