Metal Storm logo
Similar Topics

26.05.2006 - 17:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
They seem quite good some times, but sometimes also very stupid.

Example: The 'Happy Birthday' thread is linked to the thread 'The Birthday Massacre', the latter one being some band. Are they linked automatically, or do the Staff members link them.

And how is the 'Similarity' counted? Is '1 point' much similarity or only a bit?

Thanks.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.05.2006 - 23:12
fire101
Account deleted
I noticed the same thing. In the gore lyrics thread, a similar topic is the poser thread. What is MS trying to say?
28.05.2006 - 12:59
Ivan
Retired Admin
They are linked automatically - by words used in topic title and subcategory. If both topics were created by the same user, or are linked to the same bands, or located on the same forum - it all adds to the similarity level. 1 is the lowest. When it's over 5, it should be more or less accurate.

The accuracy should also improve when more topics have been created. And I'll also disable similar topics with similarity level lower than 3.
28.05.2006 - 13:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I see. Ok, thanks.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.05.2006 - 13:12
GT
Coffee!!
The feature is quite cool, but I had also been wondering about how the similarity was measured. Now I know
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.05.2006 - 14:29
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Ahh right. I thought it would be automatic. But yeah, like Ivan says it should get better with more topics. I think with bands topics it works quite well, because it links to other bands topics. This topic has a similarity level of 6 to my Locking Topics question thread
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)