Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian

21.06.2007 - 14:35
Judas
The Amputator
Alright, since the old thread was locked because we posted to the limit, here's the new one!

To get us re-started, I think I'll wish Frederik a Happy 29th Birthday.

Also, have any of you bought the 'Another Stranger Me' single, and if so, do you recommend getting it? I usually don't get EPs and singles, but if they're good then I can make exceptions. I've already seen the video (which was weird, at least for Blind Guardian), but some of the songs are new. Also, any comments on their appearance at Hellfest would be much appreciated, from those fortunate enough to see them there.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
22.06.2007 - 01:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, I just received Follow the Blind in the mail today. While it's definitely a step down from their debut, it's still good. My favorite songs are probably Hall of the King and the instrumental song, Beyond the Ice. I don't really like the Hansi's singing voice and I prefer his more aggressive sound on their debut. I'm not a fan of this band, but I guess their first two speed metal albums are kinda cool.
22.06.2007 - 03:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Pyroleprechaun - you stole my thoughts, lol, altough I like first 5 albums and Hansi's voice, it is awesome unique voice, if you are fan of that music though. And I can definetely listen to othe releases.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
22.06.2007 - 03:22
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Blind Guardian are gonna hit Wacken 2007!! .........but I won't be attending, dammit
25.06.2007 - 20:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
have many of us had hear Tribute album of them
Its asoem, I enjoy that album other band splay them songfs, awsome realy awsome
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.06.2007 - 20:10
Ellie
Account deleted
Do you mean The Forgotten Tales?
25.06.2007 - 20:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.06.2007 at 20:10

No no no where other bvand splay BG songs albums calls
''Tales From the Underworld - Tribute to Blind Guardian''
----

apos;'
[image]
26.06.2007 - 03:19
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 25.06.2007 at 20:24

Yes, I've heard this album, it's quite enjoyable! Admittedly some of the covers are quite poor, but others are great, like the one of 'A Past and Future Secret', 'And the Story Ends', 'The Bard's Song (The Hobbit)', Welcome to Dying', 'Majesty', and both versions of 'Theatre of Pain'. Though it's clear why some of the bands participating on this release aren't well-known, some of the vocalists are atrocious.
----
26.06.2007 - 06:42
Ellie
Account deleted

Oh okay!
26.06.2007 - 09:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Judas on 26.06.2007 at 03:19

Yes, I've heard this album, it's quite enjoyable! Admittedly some of the covers are quite poor, but others are great, like the one of 'A Past and Future Secret', 'And the Story Ends', 'The Bard's Song (The Hobbit)', Welcome to Dying', 'Majesty', and both versions of 'Theatre of Pain'. Though it's clear why some of the bands participating on this release aren't well-known, some of the vocalists are atrocious.

I agree about it but - are not all bands are in M-A and there are search down, I can not find all those bands + albums from whitch are songs so, alos Time What Is Time are great song there
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2007 - 11:27
Hyvaarin

Pretty much just posting here out of principle. Best band ever.

And I'm digging the fuck out of 'Tales...', can't believe it took me so long to pick it up.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
28.06.2007 - 13:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hyvaarin on 28.06.2007 at 11:27

And I'm digging the fuck out of 'Tales...', can't believe it took me so long to pick it up.

what you mean?
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2007 - 13:35
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 28.06.2007 at 13:21

Written by Hyvaarin on 28.06.2007 at 11:27

what you mean?

He means that he hadn't bought 'Tales from the Twilight World' until a few days ago, and is loving it even more than before, now that he owns the real thing.
----
28.06.2007 - 14:09
APOHAKC
The Bard
LOL are you sure?
----
28.06.2007 - 14:51
Judas
The Amputator
Written by APOHAKC on 28.06.2007 at 14:09

LOL are you sure?

Most positively, since the glories of 'Tales...' and the glories of getting a driving licence are the only things I've heard from him all afternoon and evening!
----
28.06.2007 - 16:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
I think Hansi destroys this band, I've listened and listened and still find no emotion or even a tune most of the time in his voice. Their music is awesome, the vocals isn't.
----
28.06.2007 - 18:11
Stigmatized
Written by Warman on 28.06.2007 at 16:10

I think Hansi destroys this band, I've listened and listened and still find no emotion or even a tune most of the time in his voice. Their music is awesome, the vocals isn't.

Now that's an opinion I've never heard, as a lot of people look at Hansi as a vocal God.
28.06.2007 - 18:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Stigmatized on 28.06.2007 at 18:11

Now that's an opinion I've never heard, as a lot of people look at Hansi as a vocal God.

Haha, yes I know. That's what confuses me so much.
----
28.06.2007 - 19:31
Hyvaarin

Wow, I've gotta say that's bizarre. Never before have I seen a metalhead say that about Hansi. It aer moer wierd how ohter comment .

And yeah, K7, Judas is correct haha.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
29.06.2007 - 06:36
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Hyvaarin on 28.06.2007 at 19:31

Wow, I've gotta say that's bizarre. Never before have I seen a metalhead say that about Hansi. It aer moer wierd how ohter comment .

That's the first time I've heard anyone into Metal say his voice is bad as well. Even a lot of Extreme Metallers think his voice is decent, because he can get really gruff and ballsy when he wants.

@Hyvaarin: How yuo type him mroe esay how me?
----
30.06.2007 - 01:04
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Why did Blind Guardian's old drummer leave them?
30.06.2007 - 05:52
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Guest on 30.06.2007 at 01:04

Thomen left because he was unsatisfied with the band's musical direction. He wanted to play stuff in the vein of their first four or five albums, and didn't like the increasingly complex and layered nature of their work. After leaving, he formed a new band called Savage Circus, who, predictably, play music that sounds remarkably like old Blind Guardian.
----
30.06.2007 - 06:55
Ithilin
Account deleted
I personally love his voice and am liking where the band is going in 'A twist in the myth' even though it is a new and unheard of style in Blind Guardian, and yeah Judas that sounds interesting I should check out Thomens band.
01.07.2007 - 13:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Judas on 30.06.2007 at 05:52

Thomen left because he was unsatisfied with the band's musical direction. He wanted to play stuff in the vein of their first four or five albums, and didn't like the increasingly complex and layered nature of their work. After leaving, he formed a new band called Savage Circus, who, predictably, play music that sounds remarkably like old Blind Guardian.

I woud leave band too after Nigfall album

BTW Bard Song eP why there are say new studio verse, I liaten old and that song I can hera diferencies, or ist only recordet for new?
----

apos;'
[image]
06.07.2007 - 19:39
Imraghil

one of the greatest band ever. They make great music. They have a lot of experience en difficult guitar riffs xD
07.07.2007 - 05:44
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 01.07.2007 at 13:26

Written by Judas on 30.06.2007 at 05:52

I woud leave band too after Nigfall album

BTW Bard Song eP why there are say new studio verse, I liaten old and that song I can hera diferencies, or ist only recordet for new?

They re-recorded the song, and then there are the various live versions. They didn't change anything, as far as I know.

Just a bit of news, they've released remastered versions of all their albums up to 'Nightfall in Middle-Earth' now, only for Europe though. 'Battalions of Fear' and 'Follow the Blind' have been remixed as well, so they sound a lot more polished, and the demos have been added as bonus tracks ('Symphonies of Doom', recorded in 1985 when they were still called Lucifer's Heritage, and 'Battalions of Fear' recorded in 1986 after the name change). The remastered versions of the other albums have extra stuff as well, such as videos, outtakes and demos for some albums. You can hear samples from these remasters here.
----
07.07.2007 - 12:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Judas I had those albums and demos so I dont need remasterd but thank's any way
----

apos;'
[image]
07.07.2007 - 14:19
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Oh nice, I'll probably get some of those remixed albums

Concerning Blind Guardian's musical career, I think they've done an unbeatable job until "Nightfall.....", and since then their music has decayed more and more, though I'm not saying the last two albums are bad....they're just not as good as the previous ones and have lost the real BG "spirit".
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
07.07.2007 - 15:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Aylee_Bodom on 07.07.2007 at 14:19

Oh nice, I'll probably get some of those remixed albums

Concerning Blind Guardian's musical career, I think they've done an unbeatable job until "Nightfall.....", and since then their music has decayed more and more, though I'm not saying the last two albums are bad....they're just not as good as the previous ones and have lost the real BG "spirit".

I agree about it because KMO thay are mouist original band in metal history, moust original lyrics, images, inspairation idols and such thinks I dunno any simmilar band like Blind Guardian tell me what you want but Helloween, Rusk and other such bands are lower class how BG
----

apos;'
[image]
07.07.2007 - 16:22
APOHAKC
The Bard
And Blind Guardian is lower class for Gamma Ray lol

anyway, bought my Blind Guardian ticket today, it was rather expensive. Last year it was cheaper I think, can anyone who visited their show this year give some average prices or something?
----