Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian

Original post

Posted by Judas, 21.06.2007 - 14:35
Alright, since the old thread was locked because we posted to the limit, here's the new one!

To get us re-started, I think I'll wish Frederik a Happy 29th Birthday.

Also, have any of you bought the 'Another Stranger Me' single, and if so, do you recommend getting it? I usually don't get EPs and singles, but if they're good then I can make exceptions. I've already seen the video (which was weird, at least for Blind Guardian), but some of the songs are new. Also, any comments on their appearance at Hellfest would be much appreciated, from those fortunate enough to see them there.
15.02.2010 - 01:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I was totally destroyed watching Bard's Song from Coburg 2003
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

15.02.2010 - 11:42
Gobobbles
Account deleted
I saw 'em in Chicago on Thanksgiving a couple years ago...great stagemen (especially Hansi). After a couple tunes, the crowd started chanting for "Majesty"...so Hansi says in a quiet voice, "what? why? why do you wanna hear that one?" Then some roadies come on stage and make some adjustments for quite a while. When they finally finish, Hansi goes, "you asked for it, so here ya go!" (or somethin like that) and they play "Majesty". Now I figure they were gonna "Majesty" at some point in the show, but it really seemed like they adjusted the set list for what the crowd wanted and I know it's not simple to adjust a set list or add a tune during a complex show like BG puts on, so that was very cool.

19.02.2010 - 14:34
MeTalRea|istiK
The old BG is very very good!!they turn weak starting from the night of the opera album!!
19.02.2010 - 15:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Disagree! disagree! disagree!
----

19.02.2010 - 16:27
MeTalRea|istiK
I just say what i feel..sorry if its make u uncompfortable!!;D
19.02.2010 - 19:10
Inlé
They started turning week with the filler-track-fest, oh, I mean "Nightfall in Middle Earth", got it back on "A Night AtThe Opera", then lost it almost completely with "A Twist n the Myth".

Patchy band is patchy. They've had a few awkward moments with their earlier stuff too (I think Follow The Blind is pretty poor, too)
19.02.2010 - 23:01
Lord_Regnier
Written by Inlé on 19.02.2010 at 19:10

They started turning week with the filler-track-fest, oh, I mean "Nightfall in Middle Earth"

Indeed. Most likely the number one overrated Powermetal album of all time.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
19.02.2010 - 23:32
Charly546
Written by Inlé on 19.02.2010 at 19:10

They started turning week with the filler-track-fest, oh, I mean "Nightfall in Middle Earth", got it back on "A Night AtThe Opera", then lost it almost completely with "A Twist n the Myth".

Patchy band is patchy. They've had a few awkward moments with their earlier stuff too (I think Follow The Blind is pretty poor, too)

I agree, "Nightfall in the Middle Earth" - every second track is filler. Due to it, I can't listen to it in one sitting. (It's quite interesting really - how can some bands write interludes that completely rule (like Virgin Steele) and some just are irritating - like this album)

"Follow the Blind" is a nice speed metal album, nothing really special though. Poor - not really. Just falls into the middle.
20.02.2010 - 01:08
Lord_Regnier
Written by Charly546 on 19.02.2010 at 23:32

I agree, "Nightfall in the Middle Earth" - every second track is filler. Due to it, I can't listen to it in one sitting. (It's quite interesting really - how can some bands write interludes that completely rule (like Virgin Steele) and some just are irritating - like this album)

Only songs I like a bit are "Mirror Mirror" and "When Sorrow Sang". Lots of people like "Nightfall" but I hate this song, mostly because vocals are quite irritating, imo.

I agree on Virgin Steele's interludes, they're usually quite good. Unlike on Blind Guardian's NIME, where they're a loss of space and only contribute to make this album a borefest.
----
20.02.2010 - 01:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Mirror Mirror, Time Stand Still and Nightfall...those are my favorites of this album...the rest is from "ok" to very weak, but those 3 are worth enough for me
----

20.02.2010 - 09:23
MeTalRea|istiK
I really dont care what u guys says bout BG..i love them..even they turn to dust..yes i admit they have become weak after nightfall album..but i dont give a damn..i love BG as much i love the world of POWER METAL!!!HAIL HANSI!!!
21.02.2010 - 00:01
Wyrd
I don't understand what everyone is bitching about. I think that BG is greatest. Especially when it comes to evolving the music as time goes by. I really love how every BG album has something new and is always changing. But thats just my Opinion. UP THE BARDS ALL THE WAY! BLIND GUARDIAN FOREVER!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
24.02.2010 - 22:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 15.02.2010 at 11:42

I saw 'em in Chicago on Thanksgiving a couple years ago...great stagemen (especially Hansi). After a couple tunes, the crowd started chanting for "Majesty"...so Hansi says in a quiet voice, "what? why? why do you wanna hear that one?" Then some roadies come on stage and make some adjustments for quite a while. When they finally finish, Hansi goes, "you asked for it, so here ya go!" (or somethin like that) and they play "Majesty". Now I figure they were gonna "Majesty" at some point in the show, but it really seemed like they adjusted the set list for what the crowd wanted and I know it's not simple to adjust a set list or add a tune during a complex show like BG puts on, so that was very cool.

that must have been quite an epic moment, i love how that song goes from the funny keyboards, to the intro, then on to that over the top fast beat.
24.02.2010 - 23:25
JÄY
Metal slave
Love this band.....
love early speed
love middle power
love new power
01.03.2010 - 21:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Im listening Demon UK band and band has song Dont Brake The Circle, same song who has BG, who's orginal composer of it?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.03.2010 - 22:15
Charly546
Written by Bad English on 01.03.2010 at 21:01

Im listening Demon UK band and band has song Dont Brake The Circle, same song who has BG, who's orginal composer of it?

I think Demon is the original composer. (Dark Heart also has a song by the same name, but I haven't heard it and thus cannot comment on it)
01.03.2010 - 22:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Charly546 on 01.03.2010 at 22:15

Written by Bad English on 01.03.2010 at 21:01

I think Demon is the original composer. (Dark Heart also has a song by the same name, but I haven't heard it and thus cannot comment on it)

Yes its demon song but pretty awesome, like I sad before, thet band is so awesome
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.03.2010 - 11:39
Hylia
I love Blind Guardian! they are the best band in the world, period. I listen to nightfall in middle earth like everyday and follow the blind. I really hope they do a north american tour soon.
08.03.2010 - 13:28
Lord_Regnier
Written by Hylia on 08.03.2010 at 11:39

I love Blind Guardian! they are the best band in the world, period.

I love the fanboyism of Powermetal fans and how they can be so unrealistic in their affirmations.

I would be totally fine with someone who would say "'x is the best band in the world, imo" but to say "it's the best band in the world, period" is taking your fancies for reality so much it makes me sick.
----
08.03.2010 - 19:49
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
You're commenting on what a 19 year old girl said. Whatever band she has in mind, it IS the best band in the world, period. She'll grow out of it, eventually.
And you could stop taking everything here so seriously (esp. in connection with power metal), it would be good for your stomach.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
08.03.2010 - 21:53
Hylia
Written by Lord_Regnier on 08.03.2010 at 13:28

Written by Hylia on 08.03.2010 at 11:39

I love Blind Guardian! they are the best band in the world, period.

I love the fanboyism of Powermetal fans and how they can be so unrealistic in their affirmations.

I would be totally fine with someone who would say "'x is the best band in the world, imo" but to say "it's the best band in the world, period" is taking your fancies for reality so much it makes me sick.

I was obviously joking, although they are good, I dont think they are the best band in the world. Actually the wording I used was taken from a movie and I thought it was kind of obvious it was a joke. Imo, there is no best band in the world, it is totally subjective and I dont try and refute other people's choices.

But back to the real topic: Blind Guardian!!
11.03.2010 - 01:15
Got Mayhem?
(Unfortunately) The first time I listened to this band was about two months ago. IftOS immediately became one of my favorite albums to listen to. Nightfall was pretty good, but not quite as consistant in my mind as the previous one. Definitely looking forward for the upcoming release though.
----
13.03.2010 - 23:37
I love hansi's voice
he is great vocalist in the metal word
I love his band
----
I will miss you metal storm :((
16.03.2010 - 02:02
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Here are my all-time Top 10 european / melodic / neoclassical power metal albums - including Blind Guardian's Tales From The Twilight World => http://metalstorm.ee/users/list.php?list_id=83 - with a little description to each one.

OFF: I have a band called Mandara and I'm the keyboard player. Our style is very similar to these bands but I think it's unique at the same time. We are still recording our first 2 demos - planned to be released around May & August. The 1st one called "Meadow Of Dreams" contains 4 songs - Endless Night Momentary Dawn, Embrace My Dream, Hypocrite Reality and Holy Prophecy. I'll upload some stuff to myspace when we are ready - I hope you will enjoy my/our music!
Sorry for the adv!
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
31.03.2010 - 03:28
Wyrd
Written by Kallis Helmi on 16.03.2010 at 02:02

Here are my all-time Top 10 european / melodic / neoclassical power metal albums - including Blind Guardian's Tales From The Twilight World => http://metalstorm.ee/users/list.php?list_id=83 - with a little description to each one.

OFF: I have a band called Mandara and I'm the keyboard player. Our style is very similar to these bands but I think it's unique at the same time. We are still recording our first 2 demos - planned to be released around May & August. The 1st one called "Meadow Of Dreams" contains 4 songs - Endless Night Momentary Dawn, Embrace My Dream, Hypocrite Reality and Holy Prophecy. I'll upload some stuff to myspace when we are ready - I hope you will enjoy my/our music!
Sorry for the adv!

What are you sorry for? I say take every chance you get to get your bands name out there, I'm definitely going to give your stuff a listen when it's up. in the mean time UP THE BARDS!!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
31.03.2010 - 03:56
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Kallis Helmi on 16.03.2010 at 02:02

Sorry for the adv!

Sounds cool man. I have to be in the right mood to enjoy Euro Power, but when I am, I really like it. Don't forget to post on the Promotion and Ads forum.
----
The force will be with you, always.
23.04.2010 - 20:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I hereby fucking swear i'm gonna attend one of their shows in their autumn european tour. i NEED to see them once again. Madrid and Barcelona are looking the most plausible so far, but i was cut short last year when saxon and iced earth canceled their spain shows, and they weren't even coming out from Russia. it's pretty risky but i'm willing to take that risk. BG in 2007 is still the second best concert i've ever seen after Saxon at Wacken 2009, and the first real metal show i've ever been to. the Romanian band Trooper was the opener... ah, the memories.
23.04.2010 - 22:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I havent seen BG yet, so i also NEED to see them on this tour
----

05.05.2010 - 05:16
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWut-x9Yo4Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSQPIPed8To

Some of ye olde BG fans may find these interesting. Cheers.
----
The force will be with you, always.
05.05.2010 - 21:41
Got Mayhem?
Currently going through a BG addiction. Been listening to them every chance I get for the past couple of days and I gotta say, it's awesome. If I could have a chance to see any band in the world right now it would be Blind Guardian without a doubt. Their concerts must be epic beyond belief.
----