Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Release Lyric Video For Second Single

Finland's powerhouse Nightwish are excited to premiere a lyric video for their second single, called "Harvest". The song is taken off their upcoming studio album, Human. :II: Nature., to be released on 10th April 2020.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 06.03.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 35   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 250 users
06.03.2020 - 15:08
Byners

Very nice for me.
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
06.03.2020 - 15:51
ScottyM

Gimme a minute folks. I got the popcorn in the microwave. This is gonna be the spiciest MS comment section for any Nightwish song to date!
06.03.2020 - 15:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is this.... well I dont wanna fight but this is bad, folk song, ballad there are million ways better way to write it, this is lame...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.03.2020 - 16:04
Sangre Sani

Oh, Nightwish is doing Disney music these days. Cool.
06.03.2020 - 16:18
JoHn Doe

----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
06.03.2020 - 16:34
annodomini

Finland has just announced it's Eurovision entry. Congratulations Nightwish!
----
the riddle wants to be...
06.03.2020 - 17:01
SAY10

First minute or two gave me a "The Lion King" vibe. Then a general Nightwish folky ballad where the only "new" element is Troy as main vocalist.

Not bad, not as good as "Noise", but not bad.
06.03.2020 - 17:02
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
First single talking about the ills of social media and a second single talking about "surrender to the earth". Maybe Tuomas has been reading Rousseau. For a band that's heavily dependant and active on overall social technology it's kinda weird they're going with this approach. It's like those rich tech guru's going on technology detox retreats.
Anyway, the song itself is actually kinda cool. I like when Nightwish include folk elements in their songs. I prefer this to the first single.
06.03.2020 - 18:58
SebaRaven36

Very Nice!
06.03.2020 - 19:05
metalbrat

What the hell was that???. What did I just listen to???? Just saw the death of the last night wish fan.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
06.03.2020 - 19:19
IBlackened

The instrumental Folk metal section in the middle is awesome. The rest sucks.
----
Their old stuff is better.
06.03.2020 - 19:28
DonMoenning

I had my music library on random the other day when Nightwish's "Bless the Child" came on. What a far cry from the... whatever you call it that they've become since.
06.03.2020 - 19:40
Ellinor

Written by Guest on 06.03.2020 at 17:02

First single talking about the ills of social media and a second single talking about "surrender to the earth". Maybe Tuomas has been reading Rousseau. For a band that's heavily dependant and active on overall social technology it's kinda weird they're going with this approach. It's like those rich tech guru's going on technology detox retreats.
Anyway, the song itself is actually kinda cool. I like when Nightwish include folk elements in their songs. I prefer this to the first single.

No, it's just Tuomas subscribing to the eco-wahabism the same way he subscribed to New Atheism with the previous album.

That being said, when the first single came out, I've played it to a friend who never heard about Nightwish before. Then we listened to Crownless. She vigorously insisted that it's not the same band we are hearing on the second song.

I agreed.
06.03.2020 - 21:55
IcePickLodger

Wtf?? even worse than the first single... meh
06.03.2020 - 22:51
TheDarkWizard

07.03.2020 - 00:18
Ruchesko

Like the pipe solos on EFMB, this feels like the latest excuse to justify Troy's continued presence. He must get on really well with Tuomas.
07.03.2020 - 00:43
JoHn Doe

----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
07.03.2020 - 13:12
Litvin

First part of the song:
Second part:
07.03.2020 - 14:22
Thyroid

Haha, level of IQ is strong in this comment section. It's like some hillbillies throwin' beer on poor stripper, just because shes has cupsize only C instead of DD.

But hey, where are the "this doesn't sound like Oceanborn AT ALL!" and "Bring back Tarja!"-comments? Don't let me down, geniuses?
----
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt.
What the fuck's really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?
07.03.2020 - 15:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Thyroid on 07.03.2020 at 14:22

Don't let me down, geniuses?

Do you honestly believe this current rendition of Nightwish is the strongest to date? Do you not think it's fair to criticize a stark change in sound, particularly when that sound resembles something more akin to metal lullabies?

I'm far from a fan of Nightwish but this track is painful to listen to.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.03.2020 - 18:11
musclassia

I was cautiously optimistic after the first single, but very concerned by this song - the Disney comparisons feel actually legitimate here. They've done folky songs before that I've enjoyed (I Want My Tears Back is possibly my favourite post-Tarja song), but this is a really uninspiring attempt.
07.03.2020 - 21:13
IBlackened

Written by Thyroid on 07.03.2020 at 14:22

Haha, level of IQ is strong in this comment section. It's like some hillbillies throwin' beer on poor stripper, just because shes has cupsize only C instead of DD.

Are you calling people dumb for expecting more from Nightwish and that they should be satisfied with anything they release? You sound like a fanboy.
----
08.03.2020 - 01:13
SAY10

Written by Ellinor on 06.03.2020 at 19:40

No, it's just Tuomas subscribing to the eco-wahabism the same way he subscribed to New Atheism with the previous album.

Can't that be said about, literaly, everything?

You dislike an idea, say it's a new-something-ism-crap and move to the next...
08.03.2020 - 02:11
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted

Well, maybe he should try subscribing to make better music for a change and put aside silly ideologies.
08.03.2020 - 09:34
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 08.03.2020 at 02:11

Well, maybe he should try subscribing to make better music for a change and put aside silly ideologies.

For me, Nightwish was dead after the departure of Tarja.
08.03.2020 - 15:32
resurgam

For folk rock metal fans
08.03.2020 - 17:33
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Irritable Ted on 08.03.2020 at 17:22

Dark Passion Play is pretty good. After that, I agree.

If I remember correctly, only 2 songs appealed me - Sahara and Amaranth. While rest was just beating around the same notes.
09.03.2020 - 03:15
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

I'm not a "bring Tarja back" fan - in fact, Imaginaerum is one of my favorite NW albums.

With that said, these first two singles have me worried, especially after how weak the last album was.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
09.03.2020 - 03:41
mikeprado30

Bah! This song was very beautiful. Sadly in this place if the songs have not 320+RPM tempo, cookie monster growls and stuff, then the song sucks
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
09.03.2020 - 19:18
IBlackened

Written by mikeprado30 on 09.03.2020 at 03:41

Bah! This song was very beautiful. Sadly in this place if the songs have not 320+RPM tempo, cookie monster growls and stuff, then the song sucks

Yep, you got it. People only like Death and Black Metal here. Isn't that the only possible explanation? I mean, just look at the "Top 200" or "Top of 2020". That's all I see.

----

Hits total: 4881 | This month: 8