Wayfarer - A Romance With Violence

8.1 | 132 votes |
Release date: 16 October 2020
Style: Atmospheric black metal

Owners:

48 have it
8 want it

01. The Curtain Pulls Back
02. The Crimson Rider (Gallows Frontier, Act I)
03. The Iron Horse (Gallows Frontier, Act II)
04. Fire & Gold
05. Masquerade Of The Gunslingers
06. Intermission
07. Vaudeville

Staff review by
musclassia
Rating:
Conjuring the sound of the old American West to life in black metal form, Wayfarer once again craft something epic and distinctly their own.

Read more ››
published 12.10.2020 | Comments (10)

Found in 30 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 341 users
16.08.2020 - 00:20
Rating: 8
Neachy

First track sounds great. Looking forward to this one.
16.10.2020 - 00:18
Rating: 9
HarryKawaiiDesu

Yeehaw
16.10.2020 - 11:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good western metal, crushing riffs, journeying sound of black metal visuals, when different image came in the mind about lyrics. Hey Billy time to six shoot country bands.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.03.2021 - 22:29
Rating: 10
branco108

Ladies and gentlemen, this is one of the best albums of 2020. It's pure magical. This is the highlight of this band so far. Who did not hear please try it 10/10 period
30.03.2021 - 19:46
Rating: 7
metalbrat

The crimson rider is an extraordinary song and I loved the album as a whole. Very much enjoyable with the western based theme.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
16.09.2021 - 21:30
Rating: 7
Mehrad

"Western cowboy atmospheric black metal" sounds very cool, but the music isn't half as cool as the genre suggests. "Masquerade Of The Gunslingers" is by far the best song here, "The Crimson Rider" would be my second. 7.5 would be fair I guess.
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.
30.07.2023 - 08:47
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
With Wayfarer representing the cowboys, and now Blackbraid representing the natives, it seems we have ourselves a good old Western stand off

This is an impressive album overall, with some great moments, it has a kinda Primordial meets Agalloch sound with a Western theme. However, it doesn't quite capture me in the same way Blackbraid's latest release has.

"Vaudeville", is for me, by far the best track on this album, "Masquerade Of The Gunslingers" is another great track too, but the first half of the album doesn't seem to do it for me as much as those two tracks. Maybe their next album will offer something more?

17.01.2024 - 19:36
Rating: 9
musclassia

The Crimson Rider is such a phenomenal track; I dig the new album a lot, but I think they really hit the perfect Western/Black Metal sweet spot on that song

Hits total: 3963 | This month: 30