05. Saturnalia Magnus Cult
06. Triumphant Fate
07. Sinistral Covenant
08. Hordes Of Oblivion
09. Babylon (Sammu-Rawat)

Staff review by
nikarg
Rating:
Katavasia is a supergroup whose younger members use their instruments to revive the style of music that their eldest member helped shape and evolve back in the '90s.

Read more ››
published 01.10.2020 | Comments (11)

Found in 9 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 120 users
13.09.2020 - 14:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
πώς και πού είσαι φίλε μου. (How and where are you my friend)
Like I told Hellas 100% kills this years best BM metal album battle. If we dig deeper maybe ven others, but so far BM killed.
This is good shit, sortha BM in 80's speed, HM. FWOBM , TM, Dm mixture . Good is that album came out whit good studio quality. In basket you get minus, then throw some points, are in plus, lost points in minus. This is same turns there and there, and in such turning sometimes it is best album, sometimes others go ahead, but we can say this is. Game is long to 2021 we have some months so ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.09.2020 - 16:51
nikarg

^ Good stuff indeed. Don't want to say more because I will post a review of this.
23.09.2020 - 04:20
chomskeet

This album is legit, mash up of members of three amazing Greek BM bands; Hail Spirit Noir, Varathron, and Aenaon. The keyboardist in Katavasia is the synthesizer for all of Hail Spirit Noir's albums, the vocalist is from Varathron for all of their albums, the bass/guitar has been with Aenaon for all of their albums and Varathron for 4/6 albums, the guitarist is the vocalist for Aenaon for all their albums. Basically, this album is really solid, if you like the Greek BM scene you will like this album.
04.10.2020 - 06:19
Rating: 7
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by nikarg on 13.09.2020 at 16:51

^ Good stuff indeed. Don't want to say more because I will post a review of this.

You pretty much said everything there is to say about this in your review already, which articulately laid out precisely what this sounds like. Anthemic, melodic, groovy, warm, Rotting Christ- and Varathron-esque. While not what I look for in my black metal, it's great for what it is. The swirling buildup of crunchy riffs that transition into concise solos combined with the raspy chants really invoke the old school cult vibe, and the simplicity of the musicianship is perfectly fitting for the album's tone. "Chthonic Oracle" is a fun little ripper too, reaching the max amount of cheese I can handle without overdoing it. Good rec.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.04.2021 - 21:18
Rating: 8
metalbrat

I could get hold of this very late after almost 6 months. What a miss in my last year voting. Beautiful BM with nice melodies.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
28.10.2021 - 04:49
Rating: 8
sbgmetal

Sounds like Varathron's Patriarchs Of Evil which is a great thing

Hits total: 1583 | This month: 21