Metal Storm logo
Failure in loading proper CSS

‹‹ Back to Bugs
13.02.2021 - 14:49
DevilishSong

I've tested it with multiple browsers, though since the start of the Awards section for 2020, I keep encountering this problem and I have to reload the page at least a few times to fix it.

The page, it doesn't matter which one, loads with "Useful Links" on top, and then the rest of the content lines down vertically to create a very long scroll and then a narrow section for the main content of the page.

btw when I check the network tap I don't see any failure to load content error there.
13.02.2021 - 17:20
nikarg

^ Thanks for letting us know. I am completely useless with this stuff, but hopefully someone who knows these things will see your post.
13.02.2021 - 17:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by nikarg on 13.02.2021 at 17:20

^ Thanks for letting us know. I am completely useless with this stuff, but hopefully someone who knows these things will see your post.

So far from PC works fine, most mess are on mobile.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.02.2021 - 21:14
TheBigRossowski

Written by DevilishSong on 13.02.2021 at 14:49

I've tested it with multiple browsers, though since the start of the Awards section for 2020, I keep encountering this problem and I have to reload the page at least a few times to fix it.

The page, it doesn't matter which one, loads with "Useful Links" on top, and then the rest of the content lines down vertically to create a very long scroll and then a narrow section for the main content of the page.

btw when I check the network tap I don't see any failure to load content error there.

Yep, that's what happening, man. Once I've been on the page for awhile, a couple of times reloading, then it's fine, but takes a moment.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
26.02.2021 - 03:39
bj_waters

This has been happening to me as well, but in a number of places. I have bookmarked the main forums page, and it will mush everything together like that, but also be below all the stuff on the left. It sometimes happens when I'm looking at a single forum thread as well. The thing is, it's kind of intermittent. Sometimes, when I refresh, things are fixed again. (I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 PC, by the way.)
28.02.2021 - 05:25
bj_waters

Alright, I was able to get a few screenshots of what I'm seeing: https://imgur.com/a/Ool6Q4c

There should be five examples in there. Let me know if you can't see them.

(BTW, hitting F5 seemed to fix it this time, but it's gone back and forth on me in the past.)
28.02.2021 - 05:28
Nacur

The same is happening with me.
28.02.2021 - 19:40
wrathchild

It seems like half the style is missing, and since it's coming from the same "style.css" file that is over 9000 (yes) lines. I've seen older IE versions stop interpreting files with too many style declarations but it doesn't seem to be the case here, as you seem to be missing stuff close to the beginning of the file (and it's no problem for Chrome anyway).

Maybe an extension or an antivirus is messing things up. Or maybe our sensitive server fails to deliver the complete file. Could you see what the "Network" tab says (Inspect)?
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
07.03.2021 - 03:19
bj_waters

I admit I have no idea what to look for, but here's a screenshot of my Chrome Dev Tools: https://imgur.com/a/8BmRApn

If you need a different tab, or something else, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
11.03.2021 - 14:55
pdepmcp

I had the problem again today, so I decided to dive deeper into it. It seemed that dev tools kicked away the problem (was it cache?), but then I got here: http://metalstorm.net/users/staff.php
This page is (was) broken in HTML part. For the browser ALL the page is inside the div with class header.
It's probably an unclosed tag in that part that breaks everything else.

It's not always there, btw, in fact after some reloads the problem went away in that page too (too bad I didn't get the broken code to test locally ).

I Hope it helps in finding out what's going on. If I stumble upon this another time I'll further investigations.
01.04.2021 - 20:17
corrupt
With a lowercase c
I cannot reproduce this at all.
Been trying all sorts of things now, invalidating cache, throttling my connection, using different browsers, trying my phone or iPad, it just won't happen to me. Unfortunately that makes it impossible to debug. I wouldn't even know what to ask of you guys to help me at this point.
----