Metal Storm logo
Survivor (and Jimi Jamison, Pride of Lions and so on)

30.06.2021 - 09:01
majormalfunction
Been binging Survivor and basically everything Peterik and Jimi been part of for two weeks now. I've always been a sucker for AOR and Survivor hits exactly the right spot.. large choruses and hooks, tight musicianship, mesmerizing melodies.

Also been scanning youtube and watching some of the full concerts posted, also checked out lots of clips of Jimi solo band (which always was great even if Jimi himself lost his voice pretty early) and i'm shocked by how little good live material there actually exist for a band that was huge in the 80's.

So any fans? Favourite record? Anyone saw them live back in their prime or in the 90's when Bickler was back in the band?
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
30.06.2021 - 16:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sortha good band if we dont count most known song , its same as dont fear the reaper, many know that song, same here eye of a tiger, and dont listen rest. Rest is OK, good old time music,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.07.2021 - 12:47
majormalfunction
Written by Bad English on 30.06.2021 at 16:57

Sortha good band if we dont count most known song , its same as dont fear the reaper, many know that song, same here eye of a tiger, and dont listen rest. Rest is OK, good old time music,

Yes it's easy to mistake them for only a "hits" band. There's lots of great deep cuts on their records and the more I listen to their albums the more I realise how great songwriters Peterik, Sullivan and Jamison was.
----
03.07.2021 - 09:15
majormalfunction
Some reference material

----