Metal Storm logo
Mastodon - 'Hushed & Grim' Record Due Out Next Month

Mastodon are excited to announce the release of their eight full length instalment, Hushed & Grim, which will hit the streets on October 29th 2021. To taste a piece of it, listen to the first single "Pushing The Tides". The accompanying music video was directed by Lorenzo Diego Carrera.

Track listing:

01. Pain With An Anchor
02. The Crux
03. Sickle And Peace
04. More Than I Could Chew
05. The Beast
06. Skeleton Of Splendor
07. Teardrinker
08. Pushing The Tides
09. Peace And Tranquility
10. Dagger
11. Had It All
12. Savage Lands
13. Gobblers Of Dregs
14. Eyes Of Serpents
15. Gigantium

Source: mastodonrocks.com
Band profile: Mastodon
Posted: 10.09.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 126 users
10.09.2021 - 20:34
Daniell
_爱情_
Wow, this is pretty good.
10.09.2021 - 20:44
Deadsoulman

I wasn't going to listen to that single - Mastodon have been consistently disappointing me since 2014 so I pretty much wrote them off, but Dani's post above encouraged me to do it. Without being overly enthusiastic, I think I enjoyed this song more than anything from their last two albums. I guess I'll check the whole thing out, then.
10.09.2021 - 21:22
UPDIRNS

Agreed much better than Once More Round the Sun. I do not like that album, it's Mastodon's worst. Emperor of Sand was really good though and this is a song that could have been on that record. If their new album is at least as good ass Emperor I'll buy it!
11.09.2021 - 01:58
musclassia

I preferred this song to Show Yourself, but it's still not really the opening statement of intent to inspire me. 90 minutes and 15 songs is an awful lot of material for a band that allowed several mediocre songs to grace Emperor Of Sand, but I love Mastodon and I really hope that this album will kick ass, whatever style or styles they lean towards
11.09.2021 - 02:56
Aries Rising

Feels like a bit of a throwback song, looking forward to this album drop.
11.09.2021 - 11:55
Mehrad

I liked both Emperor Of Sand and Once More Round the Sun, but I'm very much more into their sludge roots. Probably they're going to bring some of it back, which is awesome.
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.
14.09.2021 - 08:25
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
My avatar reveals that I love Once More Round The Sun, as it was my entry into Mastodon. This however sounds awesome, back to the roots! That chorus is just plain epic
14.09.2021 - 10:28
Zap
Point me in the direction of Scott Kelly's guest appearance please.
16.09.2021 - 22:00
(o> . )

I'll give it another go, but I didn't enjoy it much yet, could be due to busy environment too, didn't get to immerse myself.
16.09.2021 - 23:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Waiting for the whole album. Liked "Once More 'Round The Sun" as it's own thing, but not on the level of "Crack the Skye" or "Leviathan" by any stretch. "Empiror of Sand" never clicked totally with me, my least fave of their discography.

Hoping this is a return to form.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!

Hits total: 5354 | This month: 6