Metal Storm logo
Cynic - Detail Next Full Length Offering 'Ascension Codes'

The legendary Cynic will be releasing its highly-anticipated new full-length, Ascension Codes, on November 26 via Season Of Mist. It was mixed and co-produced by Warren Riker. The band is now sharing the first single, "Mythical Serpents," which can be heard below.

Mastermind Paul Masivdal comments: "I invite you to sit back, close your eyes, and listen to "Mythical Serpents" as a fully realized piece of music. No phones or screens necessary, just the power of sound communicating directly into the ears of your heart. In the coming weeks, Cynic will be revealing further details on the constellation that is Ascension Codes, including a "Mythical Serpents" animated video, featuring the artwork of Martina Hoffmann & Robert Venosa. Stay tuned."

Artwork by Martina Hoffmann

Tracklist as follows:

01. Mu-54* (0:32)
02. The Winged Ones (5:08)
03. A'-va432 (0:28)
04. Elements and their Inhabitants (3:09)
05. Ha-144 (0:30)
06. Mythical Serpents (6:24)
07. Sha48* (0:19)
08. 6th Dimensional Archetype (4:07)
09. DNA Activation Template (5:25)
10. Shar-216 (0:23)
11. Architects of Consciousness (6:20)
12. DA'z-a86.4 (0:34)
13. Aurora (4:34)
14. DU-*61.714285 (0:30)
15. In a Multiverse Where Atoms Sing (3:48)
16. A'jha108 (0:28)
17. Diamond Light Body (5:43)
18. Ec-ka72 (0:47)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cynic
Posted: 15.09.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 143 users
15.09.2021 - 19:38
Callisto
Ok, let the hype begin!
15.09.2021 - 19:41
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
This was a pretty nice track, although not really on par with older cynic material, I like the direction it took
15.09.2021 - 23:02
Mehrad
Big meh on this one.
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.
16.09.2021 - 01:20
Nejde
CommunityManager
I've noticed an ongoing trend where many bands have gone softer in their sound and especially when it comes to the singing, like Leprous, Mastodon and Opeth to name a few. Luckily they are all still phenomenal and it seems that Cynic will deliver too. It's a nice song even if it's not a typical Cynic song and not what you might expect from them. This is gonna be an interesting album.
16.09.2021 - 01:38
Uxküll
Very nice first offering from the new album.
----
"Nullum unquam exstitit magnum igenium sine aliqua dementia [there was never great genius without some madness]."

Best of Metal A-Z: http://metalstorm.net/users/lists.php?user_id=158339
16.09.2021 - 09:26
Desha
delicious dish
Written by Nejde on 16.09.2021 at 01:20

I've noticed an ongoing trend where many bands have gone softer in their sound and especially when it comes to the singing, like Leprous, Mastodon and Opeth to name a few. Luckily they are all still phenomenal and it seems that Cynic will deliver too. It's a nice song even if it's not a typical Cynic song and not what you might expect from them. This is gonna be an interesting album.

In the case of cynic though I always thought the clean vocals and calmer stuff was so much better than the more "aggressive" parts, so I don't really miss it here.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
16.09.2021 - 15:53
MarlKarx
Written by Desha on 16.09.2021 at 09:26

Written by Nejde on 16.09.2021 at 01:20

In the case of cynic though I always thought the clean vocals and calmer stuff was so much better than the more "aggressive" parts, so I don't really miss it here.

I agree, I thought Traced in Air was fantastic even if it mostly focused on the less "death metal" parts of their sound. I just feel like this song and to a great extent the last record were just really weak on how memorable the songs were. Hopefully this will not be the case for the whole album.
16.09.2021 - 18:00
Kub
I'm sure the music will be great as always but I'm not a fan of Paul getting deeper and deeper into some New Age crap, and judging from the titles it's going to be more of that. I think I liked his writing the best on Aeon Spoke. After that he seemed to go off into deep end.
16.09.2021 - 18:54
Tuonelan
Sounds like what I would expect when Paul loses the influence and feedback of the Seans. It's really good music and I'll probably play the crap out of it. I like it better so far than Kindly Bent to Free Us, but I really miss what Reinert and Malone would have brought to the feel.

In a way, though, it's a relief for me. I'm glad that Masvidal is moving in his own direction and working with other talented musicians and not getting stuck in something that is gone and never coming back. And I look forward to seeing what the new guys might bring to the process. Hope Masvidal listens to them and continues to evolve.
----
Hopepunk living on a grimdark timeline
17.09.2021 - 15:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just a shadow to me, not worth to listen imo
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1513 | This month: 7