05. Secluded Dreams
06. Walls Of Confusion
07. Binary Creed
08. Deified
09. Alone In Darkness
10. Shutdown
11. Father

Additional info
Labels: Nuclear Blast (CD); Mystic Production and Wizard (cassette)

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 15 users
19.09.2021 - 15:41
Rating: 9
Metal Rasputin

Fantastic and unfortunately overlooked band and album, Andreas Stoltz has some crazy vibrato vocals. Feels kinda weird to find a modern prog metal band that doesn't use the prog label just as a lazy excuse to noodle around aimlessly without actual memorable songwriting. Not saying every prog band's doing it, but it sure sounds like that way too often.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
19.09.2021 - 16:36
JoHn Doe

Written by Metal Rasputin on 19.09.2021 at 15:41

Fantastic and unfortunately overlooked band and album, Andreas Stoltz has some crazy vibrato vocals. Feels kinda weird to find a modern prog metal band that doesn't use the prog label just as a lazy excuse to noodle around aimlessly without actual memorable songwriting. Not saying every prog band's doing it, but it sure sounds like that way too often.

not all prog bands "noodle around aimlessly"
Rudess and Petrucci definitely ruined progressive music for a lot of people
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
19.09.2021 - 18:05
Rating: 9
Metal Rasputin

Written by JoHn Doe on 19.09.2021 at 16:36

I love that silly idiom "noodle around" I heard some jazz guys were using from the same thing, much funnier than calling it just plain wankery . I think the biggest sin of prog has always been bands overdoing the thing just because they can instead of just writing memorable music.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
19.09.2021 - 18:10
JoHn Doe

Written by Metal Rasputin on 19.09.2021 at 18:05

Written by JoHn Doe on 19.09.2021 at 16:36

I love that silly idiom "noodle around" I heard some jazz guys were using from the same thing, much funnier than calling it just plain wankery . I think the biggest sin of prog has always been bands overdoing the thing just because they can instead of just writing memorable music.

while i agree some bands end up doing that "noodling", it's still a generalization, there is plenty of prog that is not aimless wankery.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.

Hits total: 344 | This month: 1