Metal Storm logo
Obscura - Unleash 'Devoured Usurper' Single & Music Video

Obscura strike again with a third single "Devoured Usurper", taken from the upcoming album A Valediction, which is set to be released on November 19th through Nuclear Blast Records. Once again the band worked with Mirko Witzki on the video, who also produced "Solaris", "A Valediction" and previous videos for Obscura.

Steffen Kummerer comments: "Merciless, moldered and putrid alike - "Devoured Usurper" showcases a crude abrasive side to shake some bodies at live shows in the near future. With utterly brutality the song depaints an inevitable reckoning and underlines the death metal roots of Obscura."

"We recorded the music video at famous Stress Studio in Graz, Austria, where also drums for the new album have been tracked. We preprare our live shows and assemble parts of our production in this unique environment before we embark on upcoming tours."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Obscura
Posted: 23.09.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 72 users
23.09.2021 - 12:17
Liafev

Is it me or is it pretty violent for some Obscura ? I quite liked it though.
23.09.2021 - 13:00
Callisto

Great stuff... the section up from 2:40 including the solo is super effective coming from a mid tempo setting. This album can't come soon enough.

Btw, I had to stop the video and check, the main guitarist is wearing a glove, anybody knows if this is a medical thing?
23.09.2021 - 15:38
Ivan Drago

Written by Callisto on 23.09.2021 at 13:00

Btw, I had to stop the video and check, the main guitarist is wearing a glove, anybody knows if this is a medical thing?

Yeah he has focal dystonia, apparently the gloves help with his finger movements
23.09.2021 - 20:49
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Very different sound on this than we got on Diluvium. I'm definitely a fan of this direction
24.09.2021 - 18:38
Callisto

Written by Ivan Drago on 23.09.2021 at 15:38

Written by Callisto on 23.09.2021 at 13:00

Yeah he has focal dystonia, apparently the gloves help with his finger movements

Fuck, that's bitch of a disorder for a guitarist, and yet he plays like that... Even more merit to him then.

Thanks for the info Ivan, I was really curiois

Hits total: 1043 | This month: 9