Band: Crisix
Album: The Pizza EP
Style: Thrash metal
Release date: September 2021

01. No Tip For The Kid
02. World Needs Mosh
03. Raptors In The Kitchen
04. It's Tough To Cook A Song

A lot of revivalist thrash metal often gets called, lovingly or derogatorily, "pizza thrash". Crisix embrace that.

Who doesn't like pizza? I like pizza. Of various shapes, sizes and ingredients. Even though sometimes you'd rather order something else or eat something homecooked, or maybe you're dieting, "Let's order some pizza!" never gets met with negative reactions. Though there are some preferences here and there. Some prefer to leave the edges of the crust, unless it has that cheese filling, and some would never touch a pineapple pizza. There are some elitists who think the only real pizza is the Italian one with its sparse ingredients and thin crust. I think they're all fine. And hell, if I didn't already have a meal ready, I'd order a pizza right now.

And back when we used to celebrate somebody's birthday, whether between friends or coworkers, what was the go-to food to order? Other than the mandatory birthday cake? That's right! Pizza! What became a cultural icon because of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and God knows what other media that includes it? That's right! Pizza! What's the food you're probably in the mood for right now? That's right! Pizza! As long as you got some variety, maybe order a few vegan ones, everyone at the party will find some pizza to like.

So now imagine you're at a party of metalheads. But you don't really know much else. They could be Pantera metalheads. They could be Iron Maiden metalheads, they could be Darkthrone metalheads, they could be Esoteric metalheads. You don't know. If you play some power metal, you might get called cheesy and ridiculous. Play extreme metal and you have people complaining about noise and cookie monster vocals. Bring some pizza? Probably not gonna complain as much.

So here's a serving of pizza from Crisix. It's not the best pizza you've had. You won't remember it a week from now. But it's pizza.

Written on 23.09.2021 by Doesn't matter that much to me if you agree with me, as long as you checked the album out.

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 58 users
23.09.2021 - 13:02
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Hey, this is even better in video form:

----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
23.09.2021 - 14:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It turns out that when it comes to music I'm not much into pizza, then.

I guess my kind of food would be like escargot or thai insect cuisine. Disgusting to some, but definitely exquisite for my taste
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
24.09.2021 - 10:30
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
I did it, I ordered pizza 🍕
----
24.09.2021 - 11:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Radu you can make pizza at home.
I like pineapple on pizza and I hate Italian pizza elitism. I like reindeer on my pizza, now am I poser?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.09.2021 - 11:54
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Bad English on 24.09.2021 at 11:46

I like reindeer on my pizza, now am I poser?

Experimental pizza
----

Hits total: 1421 | This month: 22