Metal Storm logo
Suicidal Tendencies - Instagram Account Disabled Due To Band's Name

With all the recent policies of disallowing people to promote or glorify suicide and self-harm famous on several social medias these days, it's expected that something is bound to get wrong for the metal scene. It's what happened to Suicidal Tendencies. They revealed their Instagram account got taken down.

The statement of the band on the matter was: "This isn't the first time we’ve been flagged, but hopefully it will be the last. We'll go into that more later, but right now we want to focus on the positive and give our best to you all and say thanks for always Standing with us!"

The account ban happened right after a mid-September report by The Wall Street Journal, along which rumours stated that Facebook and Instagram had been allowing the proliferation of conspiracy and extremist movements. Whether this is a sloppy response of the bot for that kinds of claims or not it is still not clear.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Suicidal Tendencies
Posted: 10.10.2021 by Karlabos

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 145 users
10.10.2021 - 10:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like some kind a people what have activist tendencies... What next take Facebook coocking over fire page because Greta are vegan
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.10.2021 - 13:12
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I hate that such things are happening. Don't want to hijack the forum, I know this is not the place to talk about this, but all these social media giants enact some half baked policies and the result is you can't even speak of anything that's outside of the softest, least offensive, most politically correct topics. Soft censorship over time, way worse than the radical ones since the result is near the same but gets gradual acceptance, it's more difficult to fight against.

Anyway I hope ST get back their page, in this day and age, especially to young generations, if you're not on the big 3 (IG, FB, Tw*tter) you don't even exist, and I think their music has a lot to say to them.
----
10.10.2021 - 14:24
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Metal is pretty doomed if these kinds of things start happening. Imagine... DSBM as a whole genre is about suicide (or should I say s*icide from now on?)
Not to mention all the song names from extreme bands, and gorish and violent imagery that we as metalheads are very well aware it's just for the looks and cool.

If big corporations are start joining cancel culture they could at least leave the work for people who know what they are doing instead of half-assed programmed bots.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
10.10.2021 - 16:59
Dronewolf12
Account deleted
Https://i.redd.it/z6ao82nwoh821.jpg

I got banned for a week for posting this picture to a friend on Facebook. I think Fuckerberg was heavily bullied at school or something. Either way, the guy has a huge god complex.
10.10.2021 - 17:14
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 10.10.2021 at 16:59

I got banned for a week for posting this picture to a friend on Facebook. I think Fuckerberg was heavily bullied at school or something. Either way, the guy has a huge god complex.

I got banned of a FB group for posting Mayhem's Dawn Of The Black Hearts's cover. And it was a black metal related group.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
10.10.2021 - 18:14
Zap
Written by Guest on 10.10.2021 at 16:59

I got banned for a week for posting this picture to a friend on Facebook.

Funny how that gets one banned but spreading misinformation about vaccines is all good.
10.10.2021 - 19:55
Lanthros

Written by Karlabos on 10.10.2021 at 14:24

Metal is pretty doomed if these kinds of things start happening. Imagine... DSBM as a whole genre is about suicide (or should I say s*icide from now on?)
Not to mention all the song names from extreme bands, and gorish and violent imagery that we as metalheads are very well aware it's just for the looks and cool.

If big corporations are start joining cancel culture they could at least leave the work for people who know what they are doing instead of half-assed programmed bots.

Big corporations are running both sides of that. Just like it turns out that AT&T finances the traitor lover network OAN. If you're against corporate control you REALLY want to avoid the right wing shit and be wary of the left.
10.10.2021 - 21:22
Maco
Pvt Funderground
The old fucks from my scene are pleased. If things continue this way the underground will return to where it belongs.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
10.10.2021 - 22:41
Joppe
Steelemeister
Quit facebook, quit instagram, quit whatever there is more of these. I was around before all of the dogshit sites. Metal continues without corporate entities.
----
My vision is augmented
10.10.2021 - 23:23
Starvynth
i c deaf people
How will I tweet tomorrow
When I can't even post today?
Today, today, today
When I can't even post today...

I think the whole story leaves a bit of a stale aftertaste. Why is it only being reported now - three weeks later and after their Instagram has already been enabled again? Couldn't they have used Suckerberg's other channels in the meantime to complain early and loudly about what could have been a very embarrassing incident for Instagram and Facebook?
I don't think the blocking of the Instagram page would have lasted for three weeks if there had been massive public protest on social media. After all, ST are not some unknown newcomer band that nobody cares about... Or was Mike Muir eventually hoping he could claim damages for lost revenue from the Aftershock Festival if he waited long enough?

Just to clarify matters, I can do better without Facebook than Suicidal Tendencies, and Zuckerberg's hypocritical political flip-flopping disgusts me. However, I would have expected a more appropriate and profound reaction from a hardcore punk band that has been denouncing social inequities for almost four decades.
On the other hand, they've been using all of the social media channels provided by Facebook, Google and Twitter for years - and for free. So what more can you expect than a quiet grumbling about an incident that has already happened and that will soon be forgotten?
----
signatures = SPAM
11.10.2021 - 09:46
Redel

Written by Starvynth on 10.10.2021 at 23:23

How will I tweet tomorrow
When I can't even post today?
Today, today, today
When I can't even post today...

11.10.2021 - 20:08
Metal Spartan

With all the cancelling they've been doing, it's about time WE canceled the corrupt leftist media/social media and companies by not giving them our ratings/business. Suicidal Tendencies is better off without them. I got rid of my Instagram (never had Facebook) last year and it feels great.
11.10.2021 - 21:53
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
The more things change...

----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.10.2021 - 17:45
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Working as internet police you see this shit everyday, but it's all reported by others users (for better or worse). But also an algorhythm chases some stuff actively for trigger words. I think the band was caught up in one of those cases where the algorhythm, programmed by humans, flagged their page because the name contains triggers. But flagging doesn't mean permanently deleted, they'll probably win the appeals.
31.03.2022 - 12:01
ChrisHerlihy

Why would Instagram be for his? It dates name from the group, not a call suicide. In my opinion, it has only one explanation: Instagram and Facebook, or generally Meta, have extremely stupid Privacy and Policy requirements. For example, my friend has a traveling account on Instagram. He gained one hundred thousand followers and wanted to get the account verification badge. He had read on studybreaks.com how to get it, but he could get a verification badge because there was a political sense in the account's name.
01.04.2022 - 03:58
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by ChrisHerlihy on 31.03.2022 at 12:01

Why would Instagram fo this? It is the name of the group, not a call to sucicide

Because Instagram Facebook Meta are fucking stupid.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.04.2022 - 10:11
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by BitterCOld on 01.04.2022 at 03:58

Written by ChrisHerlihy on 31.03.2022 at 12:01

Why would Instagram fo this? It is the name of the group, not a call to sucicide

Because Instagram Facebook Meta are fucking stupid.

With no hot ccihks in it soulhd banned

Hits total: 2976 | This month: 10