Metal Storm logo
ALL KREATOR ALBUMS: From Best To Worst (distributive Adjustment)

Thumbs up: +2
Adjusted KREATOR albums ratings with Negative Binomal Distribution (using Metalstorm data itself).

Created by: Saintyx | 01.12.2021

1. Kreator - Coma Of Souls
1990 (Real Rating: 8.9)
2. Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
1986 (Real Rating: 8.85)
3. Kreator - Extreme Aggression
1989 (Real Rating: 8.85)
4. Kreator - Enemy Of God
2005 (Real Rating: 8.8)
5. Kreator - Gods Of Violence
2017 (Real Rating: 8.7)
6. Kreator - Violent Revolution
2001 (Real Rating: 8.65)
7. Kreator - Phantom Antichrist
2012 (Real Rating: 8.6)
8. Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos
2009 (Real Rating: 8.5)
9. Kreator - Terrible Certainty
1987 (Real Rating: 8.45)
10. Kreator - Endless Pain
1985 (Real Rating: 8.2)
11. Kreator - Cause For Conflict
1995 (Real Rating: 7.75)
12. Kreator - Outcast
1997 (Real Rating: 7.7)
13. Kreator - Endorama
1999 (Real Rating: 7.7)
14. Kreator - Renewal
1992 (Real Rating: 7.45)

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Saintyx ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 20   Visited by: 64 users
01.12.2021 - 18:07
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
How exactly did you use binomial distribution to calculate the "true rating" ? That's a very interesting idea
01.12.2021 - 20:20
JoHn Doe
Nice list, my only complaint is that Terrible Certainty is too low in the list, no way are any post 2000s album better in my humble opinion obviously.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
03.12.2021 - 03:18
Saintyx
Written by Roman Doez on 01.12.2021 at 18:07

How exactly did you use binomial distribution to calculate the "true rating" ? That's a very interesting idea

I found out that the probability of giving a worst rating than the expected decreases concavely. That's why I chose the bin.neg to measure the difference of the "real" and the original rating in some eventes like the "departure" of Ventor in Cause for Conflict.
03.12.2021 - 08:59
Redel
Written by Saintyx on 03.12.2021 at 03:18

I found out that the probability of giving a worst rating than the expected decreases concavely. That's why I chose the bin.neg to measure the difference of the "real" and the original rating in some eventes like the "departure" of Ventor in Cause for Conflict.

What is your theory or hypothesis underlying this approach? Why would it even be necessary to apply a distributive adjustment to the arithmetic average of all ratings by ms users?
10.12.2021 - 03:46
Saintyx
Written by Redel on 03.12.2021 at 08:59

What is your theory or hypothesis underlying this approach? Why would it even be necessary to apply a distributive adjustment to the arithmetic average of all ratings by ms users?

Becuase of haters.
10.12.2021 - 13:57
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Saintyx on 10.12.2021 at 03:46

Written by Redel on 03.12.2021 at 08:59

Becuase of haters.

That sounds interesting. If the curve of ratings follow binomial distribution more closely than the uniform, then this means this is more accurate than the very ranking the site suggests

If It's not asking too much, could u detail how you did it? Like... I get how you can calculate the probabilty of each individual rating, but I thought binomial distribution formula only allowed binary cases? How do you get the adjusted rating then?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
14.12.2021 - 14:27
Redel
Written by Karlabos on 10.12.2021 at 13:57

If the curve of ratings follow binomial distribution more closely than the uniform, then this means this is more accurate than the very ranking the site suggests

What makes you expect a uniform distribution of ratings? I would rather expect them to follow the Gauss normal distribution.
Yet, I am pretty sure ratings on ms are not distributed according to Gauss normal since we observe extensive overrating on ms in general. So people use higher ratings way more often than lower ratings. Plus, I expect the median rating on ms to be somewhere around 8.0. Thus the distribution most probably is skewed.
But I would also be interested to learn more about how to use the neg. binomial distribution to compute an adjusted mean rating when ratings fall into the range of 1-10.
14.12.2021 - 15:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Redel on 14.12.2021 at 14:27

Written by Karlabos on 10.12.2021 at 13:57

If the curve of ratings follow binomial distribution more closely than the uniform, then this means this is more accurate than the very ranking the site suggests

What makes you expect a uniform distribution of ratings? I would rather expect them to follow the Gauss normal distribution.
Yet, I am pretty sure ratings on ms are not distributed according to Gauss normal since we observe extensive overrating on ms in general. So people use higher ratings way more often than lower ratings. Plus, I expect the median rating on ms to be somewhere around 8.0. Thus the distribution most probably is skewed.
But I would also be interested to learn more about how to use the neg. binomial distribution to compute an adjusted mean rating when ratings fall into the range of 1-10.

I compared with uniform because the site takes in account that they are uniform, accounting all the ratings with the same weight and just plain taking the average. Of course, in practice I also don't believe they are uniform, that's why the idea drew my attention.

I wonder what would be the best way to make an unbiased overall rating? Probably would have to take each user's rating bias in account in order to apply the proper weight
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
14.12.2021 - 15:36
Redel
Written by Karlabos on 14.12.2021 at 15:06

I compared with uniform because the site takes in account that they are uniform, accounting all the ratings with the same weight and just plain taking the average. Of course, in practice I also don't believe they are uniform, that's why the idea drew my attention.

I wonder what would be the best way to make an unbiased overall rating? Probably would have to take each user's rating bias in account in order to apply the proper weight

You dont need uniform distribution for an unweighted arithmetic average to be a good estimator for the population mean.
Gauss normal is also fine, right?
In order to compute an unbiased estimator for the mean of ms ratings, well... I would say that we indeed need to take a closer look at their distribution. So probably in the direction of what Saintyx did. I also think that to account for any behavioral aspects at the level of the individual user and their rating behavior would make things too complex to implement.
14.12.2021 - 18:27
Ivy Patterns
Pretty impressive when a band's "Worst" album is rated 7.45
15.12.2021 - 10:58
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Endorama if released under a different moniker it would be a classical album. Every song in that record is good.
15.12.2021 - 11:01
JoHn Doe
Written by Guest on 15.12.2021 at 10:58

Endorama if released under a different moniker it would be a classical album. Every song in that record is good.

so respect & appreciation is lost because it has the Kreator name on it?
It's a good album for what it offers.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
15.12.2021 - 11:08
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by JoHn Doe on 15.12.2021 at 11:01

I think it is. It's widely considered their worst or one of their worst.
If it was released under a different name i doubt there would be much hate towards, quite the contrary.
15.12.2021 - 11:15
JoHn Doe
Written by Guest on 15.12.2021 at 11:08

If it was released under a different name i doubt there would be much hate towards, quite the contrary.

considered the worst by who?
Not even here on MS, the album does not have a negative rating - 7.3/377 votes.

Some listeners are impossible to satisfy anyway. If an artist does something different, they complain - oh why did they change their sound? - if they stick to the same formula - oh, they played it safe, they repeat themselves.
----
15.12.2021 - 12:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Funny list, endorama should be 4th here. One of their best.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.12.2021 - 13:35
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by JoHn Doe on 15.12.2021 at 11:15

Shitfuck, you're dense. Can you point me out one rank where Endorama is a top Kreator album?
Here on MS it's ranked almost last even with 7.77777%
In Metal Archives it has 67%.
Across myriads of "rankers" it always go near the bottom.
It's commonly pointed out has one of their worst outputs.
Just like for example St Anger. It's commonly regarded as Metallica's worst output or one of the worst. Do i need to tell who dislikes St. Anger too?
What i mean is that this album under a different name would probably be a 9 or a 10 for most people. But since it's Kreator and a thrash metal band it goes to the bottom.
Another example is My Dying Bride's 34.788%... Complete album. It's considered their worst output, but can anyone really deny that it's actually a good album despite the genre? Under other name it would be considered great.
15.12.2021 - 14:22
JoHn Doe
Written by Guest on 15.12.2021 at 13:35

Written by JoHn Doe on 15.12.2021 at 11:15

Shitfuck, you're dense. Can you point me out one rank where Endorama is a top Kreator album?
Here on MS it's ranked almost last even with 7.77777%
In Metal Archives it has 67%.
Across myriads of "rankers" it always go near the bottom.
It's commonly pointed out has one of their worst outputs.
Just like for example St Anger. It's commonly regarded as Metallica's worst output or one of the worst. Do i need to tell who dislikes St. Anger too?
What i mean is that this album under a different name would probably be a 9 or a 10 for most people. But since it's Kreator and a thrash metal band it goes to the bottom.
Another example is My Dying Bride's 34.788%... Complete album. It's considered their worst output, but can anyone really deny that it's actually a good album despite the genre? Under other name it would be considered great.

Thank you for the insult, I don't see how I insulted you or was disrespectful in my early post. But if this is how you react to a simple disagreement, maybe I should not disagree with you ever again.

We seem to both like Endorama. I never said it's top Kreator album, but i will say again I think it's a good album.
The rating here on MS is positive, even the 67/100 some other site rated it is still not negative.

I get your point, maybe it would be rated better under a different name. Nevertheless, it's still better (for what it offers) than other 90s Kreator (who distanced from thrash before late 90s anyway).

I would also not compare Endorama with St Anger. If we compare when both bands get softer, maybe Load/Reload is a better comparison.
----
17.12.2021 - 12:48
Stormm

Yes, it's good, it's not outstanding. I think Petrozza's opinion is the same, because he's completely ignoring this period. Gothic Kreator were just good. But Thrash Kreator were awesome.
17.12.2021 - 19:07
sgtrobo
Love gothic metal but the 90s were their weakest. Still solid though
05.12.2023 - 13:07
Stormm

I agree. Every song here is good. Not great or outstanding. That's why 7 is proper rating for it.

Hits total: 585 | This month: 9