Metal Storm logo
Songs Of Ice And Fire: A Journey Through Icelandic Black Metal

The Icelandic Black Metal scene received quite a bit of hype and love in the middle of the last decade. As with most things, the supply of greatness couldn't live up to the demand. We have a handful of true gems from this scene and a lot of mediocre schlock.

Ordered from best to worst based on my opinion. Listen and decide for yourself.

Created by: Neachy | 03.01.2022

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Neachy ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 13   Visited by: 81 users
03.01.2022 - 22:08
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Weird how some of the bands don't show up even if they're here and you typed the correct name. Try giving it an update, see if they show up now.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
03.01.2022 - 22:12
Neachy

Written by RaduP on 03.01.2022 at 22:08

Weird how some of the bands don't show up even if they're here and you typed the correct name. Try giving it an update, see if they show up now.

That solved O but Ekdikēsis still won't link nor the album by Arstidir Lifsins.
03.01.2022 - 22:22
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Neachy on 03.01.2022 at 22:12

Arstidir Lifsins.

That should link now. Not entirely sure how to handle Ekd
----
03.01.2022 - 22:50
Neachy

Written by RaduP on 03.01.2022 at 22:22

That should link now. Not entirely sure how to handle Ekd

I appreciate the effort anyway. Thanks for all you do around here, Radu.
03.01.2022 - 22:59
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Neachy on 03.01.2022 at 22:50

I appreciate the effort anyway. Thanks for all you do around here, Radu.

Really nice to hear that.

I'll look more into the issue. We've had a bunch of character issues since switching.
----
03.01.2022 - 23:13
nikarg

I took the liberty of editing your list to fix Ekdikēsis, I hope you don't mind. It happens with special characters and even apostrophes sometimes. The solution is to copy the band and/or album name from the Metal Storm profile page and paste it on the list.

Nice list by the way. My favourites are Kaleikr and Andavald. That Frummyrkrið album is a bit of a mystery, I came across it following the recommendation of our user Nejde, I liked it, we talked with Radu about who would review it and then it disappeared from Bandcamp. There were some rumours that the band is from South America and only "sold" the Icelandic origin to be part of the hype.
03.01.2022 - 23:23
Neachy

Written by nikarg on 03.01.2022 at 23:13

I took the liberty of editing your list to fix Ekdikēsis, I hope you don't mind. It happens with special characters and even apostrophes sometimes. The solution is to copy the band and/or album name from the Metal Storm profile page and paste it on the list.

Nice list by the way. My favourites are Kaleikr and Andavald. That Frummyrkrið album is a bit of a mystery, I came across it following the recommendation of our user Nejde, I liked it, we talked with Radu about who would review it and then it disappeared from Bandcamp. There were some rumours that the band is from South America and only "sold" the Icelandic origin to be part of the hype.

The copy and paste technique is normally how I do it, especially on a list like this with all these crazy characters. Not sure why it didn't work for me but glad you were able to get it.

And yeah, I remember some kind of whispers about that album but wasn't sure if anything ever came of it. I've long had my suspicions that there seemed to be too many bands for such a small population
04.01.2022 - 01:36
mz

What about Rebirth Of Nefast, ENDALOK, Onefnt?
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
04.01.2022 - 03:54
Neachy

Written by mz on 04.01.2022 at 01:36

What about Rebirth Of Nefast, ENDALOK, Onefnt?

Great suggestions. Forgot RoN is from Iceland. Forgot Endalok and Onefnt existed. Will add a few more in the next few days.
04.01.2022 - 06:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Small scene, good solid list whit best what island can offer even order hmmm
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.01.2022 - 05:40
no one

Darvaza is good too, also Grafir's one ep was what I thought punk and BM should have always sounded like.
----
Unable to connect to the database
06.01.2022 - 17:51
Neachy

Written by no one on 06.01.2022 at 05:40

Darvaza is good too, also Grafir's one ep was what I thought punk and BM should have always sounded like.

The only Darvaza I'm finding says they're from Italy. I'll add Grafir to the queue, thanks!
06.01.2022 - 19:13
no one

Written by Neachy on 06.01.2022 at 17:51

Written by no one on 06.01.2022 at 05:40

The only Darvaza I'm finding says they're from Italy. I'll add Grafir to the queue, thanks!

Your right, maybe they used to be as one member used to be in Misþyrming.
----
Unable to connect to the database

Hits total: 758 | This month: 3