Metal Storm logo
Voivod - Reveal 'Paranormalium' Single

Voivod continue the promotional campaign for their upcoming studio album Synchro Anarchy, out worldwide on February 11th, 2022 via Century Media Records. Today, a second single off Synchro Anarchy is being released, so go check out the album's opening track "Paranormalium" in the form of a lyric video (created by Cloud Music Typography) down under.

Voivod guitarist Daniel "Chewy" Mongrain checked in with the following comment about the song: "Paranormalium" opens with the very last guitar melody you hear on The Wake's last song "Sonic Mycelium," in the fade out of the string quartet. We wanted both entities or dimensions to connect through music as 2 parallel worlds can connect through distorted space-time, black holes, vibrations, spirituality or anything else.

"Paranormalium" is the name Denis 'Snake' Bélanger came up with while writing the lyrics, trying to gather all of these concepts in one imaginary particle called "Paranormalium." Depending on your individual perception or any influential inner or external event, makes oneself see or not see, be part of or not be part of, someone else’s reality OR even being stuck between many different dimensions as it is all connected in some ways through "Paranormalium."

"It's one of the most complex, twisted and heavy songs on the album with many different landscapes. The melody comes back many times during the song in different forms, as reality can be consisted of the same material taking on different aspects. In the end, are we really living in the reality we think we’re in???"

Source: voivod.com
Band profile: Voivod
Posted: 05.01.2022 by Alessteel

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 67 users
05.01.2022 - 22:04
MetalManic

Man, I miss Martyr
05.01.2022 - 22:07
Blackcrowe

Great music… I love Voivod
----
Maybe as his eyes are wide.
05.01.2022 - 22:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Better as first, we'll done song
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.01.2022 - 14:48
Joppe
Steelemeister
Didn't see it as good as the 1nd single, the album can go either way from here.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 872 | This month: 5