Party Cannon - Volumes Of Vomit

6 | 10 votes |
Release date: 14 January 2022
Style: Brutal death metal

Owners:

2 have it
1 wants it

01. Tactical Chunder
02. Grass Obliteration (Blazed And Confused)
03. Nauseating And Unpalatable
04. Naked Beach Frenzy
05. 60 Stone Threesome
06. 1000%
07. Electric Soldier Porygon
08. I Believe In Dani Filth
09. The Dirty Bubble

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 47 users
15.01.2022 - 02:30
Daddy Pig
Homeschooler
This was released on Apple Music today.
24.01.2022 - 16:35
Rating: 6
musclassia
staff
Written by Daddy Pig on 15.01.2022 at 02:30

This was released on Apple Music today.

fixed the release date
24.01.2022 - 16:38
JoHn Doe
Party Cannon is the name of a brutal death metal band. LOL. I was sure this would be the name of some obscure glam metal band. Then I wouldn't be surprised if one day I see some extreme metal band name Fluffy Butterflies.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
24.01.2022 - 17:05
musclassia
staff
Written by JoHn Doe on 24.01.2022 at 16:38

Party Cannon is the name of a brutal death metal band. LOL. I was sure this would be the name of some obscure glam metal band. Then I wouldn't be surprised if one day I see some extreme metal band name Fluffy Butterflies.

They were on the lineups for the festivals I went to last year; I think the name and colorful band logo (which stands out a lot on posters) is a big part of their growth (as well as the inflated genitalia that were apparently released mid-set). For what it is, I missed both of their sets at the festivals; giving it a listen now, I think it's above average for brutal death, but I hate brutal death so that's still not making me regret missing them
24.01.2022 - 17:09
JoHn Doe
Written by musclassia on 24.01.2022 at 17:05

Written by JoHn Doe on 24.01.2022 at 16:38

They were on the lineups for the festivals I went to last year; I think the name and colorful band logo (which stands out a lot on posters) is a big part of their growth (as well as the inflated genitalia that were apparently released mid-set). For what it is, I missed both of their sets at the festivals; giving it a listen now, I think it's above average for brutal death, but I hate brutal death so that's still not making me regret missing them

I don't know exactly what "brutal" death is, I thought death metal was brutal in general. I'm gonna ask you (because you won't mock me), what's the difference between "brutal death metal" and "death metal". There's also old school death metal.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
24.01.2022 - 17:23
musclassia
staff
Written by JoHn Doe on 24.01.2022 at 17:09

I don't know exactly what "brutal" death is, I thought death metal was brutal in general. I'm gonna ask you (because you won't mock me), what's the difference between "brutal death metal" and "death metal". There's also old school death metal.

So I'm not a complete expert, particularly when it comes to brutal death and slam bands (I feel like this album possibly counts as slam), but I think it's mostly an even greater rejection of groove and hints of melody in favour of speed (either super-fast or plodding, churning breakdowns, the latter more so in slam), usually with a mixture of high technicality and/or caveman single-note riffing, and growls that are basement-deep. If you compared a late 80s death metal track with a modern slam band or something like this, the former would more likely have recognizable song structuring, the lyrics would be more decipherable and the riffs would have some degree of hookiness to it, whilst the latter is mostly vile and bludgeoning. Someone else can probably describe it better than I, but that's my attempt at it anyway lol
24.01.2022 - 17:26
JoHn Doe
Written by musclassia on 24.01.2022 at 17:23

So I'm not a complete expert, particularly when it comes to brutal death and slam bands (I feel like this album possibly counts as slam), but I think it's mostly an even greater rejection of groove and hints of melody in favour of speed (either super-fast or plodding, churning breakdowns, the latter more so in slam), usually with a mixture of high technicality and/or caveman single-note riffing, and growls that are basement-deep. If you compared a late 80s death metal track with a modern slam band or something like this, the former would more likely have recognizable song structuring, the lyrics would be more decipherable and the riffs would have some degree of hookiness to it, whilst the latter is mostly vile and bludgeoning. Someone else can probably describe it better than I, but that's my attempt at it anyway lol

ok, thank you.
----
26.01.2022 - 10:50
gavdann
Written by musclassia on 24.01.2022 at 17:23

Pretty much spot on I'd say.

For an example of slamming brutal death just take a listen to Devourment. They pretty much took the breakdown from Suffocation's "Liege of Inveracity" and extended it over the course of an entire career.
10.02.2022 - 19:34
Rating: 5
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
contributor
The band name is wacky, and the album cover is sick, but for the music it seems like just standard brutal death metal to me, nothing special, they sound much like Suffocation in places, but not as groovy, or as interesting.

Hits total: 856 | This month: 11