Metal Storm logo
Tankard - Recording 20th Full Length Album

Long-running thrashers Tankard are currently stationed at Gernhart Studio (Troisdorf) to work with producer Martin Buchwalter on the follow-up to 2017's One Foot In The Grave. The upcoming studio album will be the soundtrack to the band's 40th anniversary and is scheduled for release in September 2022 via Reaper Entertainment.

Frontman Gerre comments: "Almost 5 years have passed since One Foot In The Grave! Madness, how time races, especially when you are already a bit more aged like us.... Hahaha! All the more we are happy to work together with Martin Buchwalter in the Gernhart Studio again to record the next record, which should be released just in time for the 40th band anniversary, according to the motto: One foot out of the grave...."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Tankard
Posted: 22.01.2022 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 35 users
23.01.2022 - 07:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Let's have some 20 beers, I thought Overkill will be first whit 20th
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.01.2022 - 15:17
Skip Donahue
Account deleted
For a land where consumption of the heavier side of metal music is huge, it is a shame the output of the bands of said country and innovation to push metal music forward mostly ranges from bang average to a crushing embarrassment, just like this shower. Germany, a land of heavy metal customers, but even the "cream" of Deutsche metal like kreator (Great), the ocean (meh) , Rammstein (hmmm..), the 1 outstanding necrophagist record (an undeniable gem) - too little from a country so large with a love of the music.

Great country, great people but sadly lacking in an abundance of quality metal . I am aware it's all down to taste, and would love to be proven wrong, so please can I get recommendations of some top notch, innovative German metal? (Not talking destruction, Sodom...I have a few of these, ....the scorpions, and that silly udo character) I am not looking to get bogged down in a slanging match of my country is better than yours etc (we are better than that on metal storm) , just I have a large record collection that I have noticed is sadly lacking in German records.
23.01.2022 - 15:41
JoHn Doe
Written by Guest on 23.01.2022 at 15:17

For a land where consumption of the heavier side of metal music is huge, it is a shame the output of the bands of said country and innovation to push metal music forward mostly ranges from bang average to a crushing embarrassment, just like this shower. Germany, a land of heavy metal customers, but even the "cream" of Deutsche metal like kreator (Great), the ocean (meh) , Rammstein (hmmm..), the 1 outstanding necrophagist record (an undeniable gem) - too little from a country so large with a love of the music.

Great country, great people but sadly lacking in an abundance of quality metal . I am aware it's all down to taste, and would love to be proven wrong, so please can I get recommendations of some top notch, innovative German metal? (Not talking destruction, Sodom...I have a few of these, ....the scorpions, and that silly udo character) I am not looking to get bogged down in a slanging match of my country is better than yours etc (we are better than that on metal storm) , just I have a large record collection that I have noticed is sadly lacking in German records.

A simple search here on MS, bands by country and by genre would solve your problem.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
23.01.2022 - 15:42
JoHn Doe
I enjoy Tankard so I'm looking forward to a new album.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
23.01.2022 - 20:14
MahoDM
Dumbass
Written by Guest on 23.01.2022 at 15:17

i recommend running wild, exumer, oomp (similar to rammstien), paradox, early helloween - tho im not sure thats what u lookin for
24.01.2022 - 12:40
Derelict Earth
"The ocean (meh)", wow your bar is set very very high ...
24.01.2022 - 13:09
Ball Fondlers
"One foot in the grave" was a bit of a let down from a good run of decent albums. Hopefully they still have one good album left in them, as Tankard are quite entertaining when they are at their best. Hopefully they get back to singing about beer, rather than political or social shit.

Hits total: 836 | This month: 3