12. The Perfect Weapon [bonus]
13. Alien DeathRay [bonus]

Additional info
Label: Inside Out Music.

Staff review by
nikarg
Rating:
N/A
Guitar virtuoso Michael Romeo took advantage of the hiatus his main band Symphony X seems to be under, and decided to write music for a solo project. But he got a little carried away and what he wrote was enough to fill two albums, hence we have the two parts of War Of The Worlds. The first one (which we despicably failed to review) came out in 2018, and the second one (which does get a -much deserved- review) was finally released in March 2022, even though it had been ready a long time before that.

Read more ››
published 21.06.2022 | Comments (1)

Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 268 users
18.02.2022 - 12:42
Rating: 8
nonZero

Looking forward to this one. Michael Romeo is a phenomenal guitarist. I've been playing for around 16 years now and his technical abilities and creativity continue to amaze me.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
25.03.2022 - 20:03
Rating: 10
Grouch Douglas
Enigma
Great album!! If you get a chance to get the version of the album with 2 bonus tracks, do it. They are worth it.
30.03.2022 - 21:50
Rating: 7
Claudric

The first half (including "Just Before The Dawn") is as great as Pt.1, the second half isn't. Still a very good album.
31.03.2022 - 10:10
Callisto

Written by Claudric on 30.03.2022 at 21:50

The first half (including "Just Before The Dawn") is as great as Pt.1, the second half isn't. Still a very good album.

It's curious 'cause to me it's the opposite, first half of Part 1 is amazing but the second half is a big let down, Part 2 feels more balanced, but no song blows my mind like the first ones in Part1.

Very confusing explanation I know....
18.06.2022 - 21:48
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
A very impressive display all round, it's very well structured with decent songwriting, great riffs, drumming and bass work, and absolutely phenomenal guitarwork by Romeo, also the vocals are fantastic aswel. It's also very well produced, the symphonics are mixed perfectly well with the instrumentals and it sounds amazing.

It's true that the first half of the album is more impressive than the second half, I did find myself beginning to slightly lose interest during the last few tracks, but I'm not denying it's standard in quality, it's just the fact that the main stand out tracks are nearer the beginning.
06.07.2022 - 12:59
nonZero

One of the best parts of this album:

----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
16.06.2023 - 14:24
Rating: 9
Mountain King
K i K o
Dino has taken vocals to another level and Michael Romeo's solo on Hybrids especially is beyond this world. A very enjoyable record.
05.10.2023 - 07:16
majormalfunction

Not as impressed as part 1 but pretty good all around, it lacks a highlight like Believe (from part 1).
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands

Hits total: 3204 | This month: 27