Metal Storm logo
Decapitated - Put Out 'Hello Death' Single & Video

Decapitated are ready to release their new music output, Cancer Culture, on May 27th. Today, they surprise their fans with a stunning new single and video. Check out the new track, "Hello Death", featuring Tatiana Shmayluk from Jinjer. The video was filmed in March with Grupa 13 in Poland, while Tatiana was filming her part in a studio in the USA. The primary place for the video was a tiny and one of the oldest existing baroque Evangelical churches in Poland, built between 1743 and 1749, in Goszcz.

Vogg says: "Jinjer are one of the most interesting metal acts of the last few years. And Tatiana's vocals in the song will surprise some people. It’s really unique and amazing. With this song, we have achieved something remarkable. We have combined two different musical styles in "Hello Death". As you all know, we love to add something interesting to our music. With "Hello Death" we managed to unite our style of technical death metal with Tatiana's vocals, which adds an absolutely different epic dimension. Tatiana has one of the most incredible voices in the metal scene, and it was a wholly different and exciting experience to work with her on this track. Her voice filled the song with other emotions, which completed the meaning behind the lyrics. The song is about the fight between life and death, where we connected brutal, heavy riffs with feminine, lyrical vocals, which are powerful, influential, and straight to the point. This combination is a new thing in Decapitated's music, and it shows that sometimes you need to leave your comfort zone and take a risk to achieve something totally epic."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Decapitated
Posted: 08.04.2022 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 74 users
08.04.2022 - 14:29
Charlotbk
I found the track pretty boring reallly not enjoy the songwriting and vocals , I miss the old Decapitated anyway this is just my opinion and good for you is you enjoy it.
08.04.2022 - 16:10
Define old Decapitated. Until which album?

I'm glad they are trying out something new, but I do agree, this song is not the way I want them to go, not at all.
First two riffs are very reminiscent of Post(?)Organic and 404(solo part). I know they weren't as creative since Carnival is Forever, but this is as you said very underwhelming.
09.04.2022 - 02:22
CWA
This is the decapitated I like to hear! Thanks from Canada. The jinjer vocalist definitely freshens things up which was a boon for the song.
09.04.2022 - 09:18
Stormm
That female voice is so distracting.
09.04.2022 - 14:02
theFIST
Would be better without the Jinjer singer
they did too much to fit the music to her style, rather than having her fit into a Decapitated song
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
09.04.2022 - 16:37
Don't like it much, it is like a latest Decapitated song and add female vocals in the middle. Have released more interesting songs in the past.
09.04.2022 - 18:06
BCI
Meh
----
Black Crown Initiate have ruined a lot of bands for me...
18.05.2022 - 16:43
Charlotbk
Written by EtherealInfidel on 08.04.2022 at 16:10

I'm glad they are trying out something new, but I do agree, this song is not the way I want them to go, not at all.
First two riffs are very reminiscent of Post(?)Organic and 404(solo part). I know they weren't as creative since Carnival is Forever, but this is as you said very underwhelming.

sorry for the late response I not a huge fan post Organic, Carnival was ok but personnaly I'm not a huge fan of Rafal (rasta) vocals.
23.05.2022 - 16:08
Written by Charlotbk on 18.05.2022 at 16:43

Written by EtherealInfidel on 08.04.2022 at 16:10

sorry for the late response I not a huge fan post Organic, Carnival was ok but personnaly I'm not a huge fan of Rafal (rasta) vocals.

No problem, thanks for replying. Can understand yeah, seems like vocals have really changed through time. I mean Sauron was amazing and I like Covan, but he seems not so much a death metal vocalist, more of a hardcore or something like that. And that is not a critique, just an opinion. Because I enjoy Covan's vocals a lot. But yeah I agree about Rafal, I do think he is the weak point of the band at the moment. I still like the instruments enough to enjoy their music though.

I feel it is similar to Cryptopsy, when they went from Lord Worm to Mike DiSalvo. Just a big difference in vocals and tbh I prefer Lord Worm, but the music is still amazing.

Hits total: 930 | This month: 8