09. Thunderstorm Of The Century

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 12   Visited by: 100 users
11.06.2022 - 17:47
Baz Anderson
Staff
Quite a change in style... essentially all power metal aspects have taken a leave. I love this project but I'll have to listen to this album a few more times to try and get into it.
11.06.2022 - 18:27
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Symphonic power metal and AOR sounds like an unusual combination if you ask me, I must check this one out.
11.06.2022 - 18:34
Rating: 9
JoHn Doe
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 11.06.2022 at 18:27

Symphonic power metal and AOR sounds like an unusual combination if you ask me, I must check this one out.

I wouldn't call them AOR, they are catchy and melodic, check out their previous work before listening to the new album.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
11.06.2022 - 18:57
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by JoHn Doe on 11.06.2022 at 18:34

I wouldn't call them AOR, they are catchy and melodic, check out their previous work before listening to the new album.

Ok, genre tag had me curious, I shall check out their previous albums first before listening to this one
11.06.2022 - 19:11
JoHn Doe
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 11.06.2022 at 18:57

Written by JoHn Doe on 11.06.2022 at 18:34

Ok, genre tag had me curious, I shall check out their previous albums first before listening to this one

It's a unique take on heavy-power I'll give them that. I enjoy them quite a bit.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
12.06.2022 - 00:00
skeksis25
Need to listen to this. So far there are mixed reactions over this. Looks like they left all the power elements. But can't find them on BC
----
https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7023
13.06.2022 - 12:52
MrShadowGizmo
What a fantastic new album!Yes, it is not as metal as their previous works but it's unmistakeably Keldian sounding full of tasteful music and great, i mean GREAT, choruses.Spread the world friends.Keldian never dissapoint.
13.06.2022 - 15:48
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
It's not a bad album, it's not quite what I expected though, I found it a tad underwhelming at first, but it's a grower for sure, it's very experimental and very much on the soft side, and there's not much sign of their early power metal sound on here, but it's still a pretty solid hard rock album.

The best thing for me are the vocals, which I'm getting some strong David Bowie vibes from. "We Are Rebellion", "The Legacy Lament" and "I Am the Taker" stand out for me most, the rest seems a little on the bland side, but there's still nothing I would say is below average standard.
14.06.2022 - 10:28
24emd
Theory Snob

Avantasia.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums
14.06.2022 - 16:29
JoHn Doe
Excellent album, I'm rating this a generous 9 for how enjoyable it was for me. These guys have always delivered good music.
----
15.06.2022 - 13:13
Rating: 5
FeskarN
This was not what I have expected. The metal elements are mostly gone. Even the songwriting is not so great on this album.. No hooks or choruses that stuck in my head after first listen. I will give it more spins but first impressions is not great for me.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
17.06.2022 - 20:50
AljanahLyra
I miss the space themed lyrics, but the music is still Keldian even without all the Power Metal elements.
It takes a few spins but I think it will grow on me.
----
"I'm not going to fuck you Carmilla, I'm too pissed off."
~Godbrand, Castlevania~

Hits total: 2022 | This month: 19