Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - The Sick, The Dying... And The Dead!

7.6 | 418 votes |
Release date: 2 September 2022
Style: Heavy metal, Thrash metal

Owners:

169 have it
32 want it

01. The Sick, The Dying... And The Dead!
02. Life In Hell
03. Night Stalkers [feat. Ice-T]
04. Dogs Of Chernobyl
05. Sacrifice
06. Junkie
07. Psychopathy
08. Killing Time
09. Soldier On!
10. Célebutante
11. Mission To Mars
12. We'll Be Back
13. Police Truck [Dead Kennedys cover] [digital edition bonus]
14. This Planet’s On Fire (Burn In Hell) [Sammy Hagar cover] [feat. Sammy Hagar] [digital edition bonus]

Staff review by
omne metallum
Rating:
Perhaps not an album to talk about in your local hospital.

Read more ››
published 11.09.2022 | Comments (14)

Found in 34 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 4

Comments: 106   Visited by: 981 users
05.09.2022 - 19:08
nikarg
staff
Written by MegaTornado on 05.09.2022 at 17:46

So what I am saying is: if don't have the intelect, or you are a hater = not objective vote... then you DON'T GET THE RIGHT TO VOTE.

I am not quoting the entire post because, even though it is wrong on so many levels, the part that is completely outrageous is the one I am quoting. So, I have to ask: According to you, who gets to decide on who has adequate intellect or is not a hater in order to grant other people voting rights? Is it you? Someone else? And based on what? Intellect? I don't mean to offend you, but that last post of yours is not exactly oozing intellect. Should we take away your voting rights because of that?

I love Megadeth too, but you need to chill.
05.09.2022 - 19:24
Zap
I just don't have the right taste in "fecals" to really appreciate this album.
05.09.2022 - 19:26
Rating: 10
MegaTornado
I don't think you understand: one of the reason goverments exists(they all have their flaws of course) is beacuse the majority of people are stupid and can't decide what's good or bad(for example if you ask all the peopl\e to vote to triple their salaries, the majority will vote yes).
Again, and I hope in the future this will be implemented: if your subjective opinion, or bad taste, or wrong judjement, or poor intelect, INFLUENCE the others, then YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE.

Tha's the case here. A lot of peolpe don't have the intelect to understand the album ,or are subjective, but they can vote:))) And that is not right. If the majority will vote for you to eat fecals I guess you wouldn't like it.
05.09.2022 - 19:30
MegaTornado
Written by Zap on 05.09.2022 at 19:24

I just don't have the right taste in "fecals" to really appreciate this album.

Lol you tried something, but you put it wrong: it's exactly because you seam to like fecals, you don't appreciate the album:)
05.09.2022 - 19:33
Rating: 6
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
contributor
Written by MegaTornado on 05.09.2022 at 19:26

if your subjective opinion, or bad taste, or wrong judjement, or poor intelect, INFLUENCE the others, then YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE.

And you aren't trying to influence other people's votes? How can you tell if someone is "influencing" others? Simply by expressing their opinion of whether they liked the album or not?
05.09.2022 - 19:39
MegaTornado
Written by F3ynman2000 on 05.09.2022 at 19:33

if your subjective opinion, or bad taste, or wrong judjement, or poor intelect, INFLUENCE the others, then YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE.

And you aren't trying to influence other people's votes? How can you tell if someone is "influencing" others? Simply by expressing their opinion of whether they liked the album or not?

I said it before: if a lot of people are rating this very low because of their bad taste in music, lack of understanding, subjective opinion, hate, etc., THE BAND WILL SUFFER, even if it's by 0.00001%

That is why governments exist. Because they have to vote, not let the stupid majority decide. I know it's insulting, hard to digest, but that's the proof and reality.

And I remind you: Rust In Peace had bad reviews:)))
05.09.2022 - 19:40
JoHn Doe
Written by F3ynman2000 on 05.09.2022 at 19:33

don't take him seriously, I think he's clearly a troll. If not, an arrogant jerk, no doubt...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
05.09.2022 - 19:46
MegaTornado
Written by JoHn Doe on 05.09.2022 at 19:40

don't take him seriously, I think he's clearly a troll. If not, an arrogant jerk, no doubt...

LOL I was 100% most of you wouldn't get it:))) It's ok, that's the sad truth, the majority just don't have the IQ to understand more complex things, not only good music. I will stop here, no reason to bring more arguments, it's obvious that's in vain
05.09.2022 - 19:51
JoHn Doe
Written by MegaTornado on 05.09.2022 at 19:46

LOL I was 100% most of you wouldn't get it:))) It's ok, that's the sad truth, the majority just don't have the IQ to understand more complex things, not only good music. I will stop here, no reason to bring more arguments, it's obvious that's in vain

Trolls don't last long, good luck!
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
05.09.2022 - 20:00
Chal-Chenet
I was expecting much, much better... Sadly, "TStDatD" id boring. Main problem of this one is lack of memorable riffs. It's average as thrash metal album, it's average as heavy metal album. I'm disappointed.
05.09.2022 - 20:00
Rating: 5
Redel
Written by MegaTornado on 05.09.2022 at 19:46

it's obvious that's in vain

it's obvious
05.09.2022 - 20:23
Rating: 7
X-FrEaK
I love this new troll! So his stats on metalstorm are: 22 votes spread across twenty one 10s and one 7. His IQ is clearly above average, because his 10 % is very high, for me that counts as intelligence! Im quite dumb myself as I rate things lower sometimes. Im sorry to hurt so many bands' feelings
----
05.09.2022 - 20:28
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
contributor
Written by X-FrEaK on 05.09.2022 at 20:23

So his stats on metalstorm are: 22 votes spread across twenty one 10s and one 7.

Nothing wrong in that, I'd say. It looks like he just voted for his favorite albums from various bands and didn't bother with rating worse albums.

Written by X-FrEaK on 05.09.2022 at 20:23

Im sorry to hurt so many bands' feelings

You should feel ashamed. Every band member is crying themselves to sleep because of you
05.09.2022 - 21:14
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia

So lets say 51% love to eat fecals and they vote and making it a majority, they make me eat fecals, that is not right.

This is one of the funniest things ever posted on this website

I don't think you understand: one of the reason goverments exists is beacuse the majority of people are stupid and can't decide what's good or bad

05.09.2022 - 21:26
Zap
Written by Roman Doez on 05.09.2022 at 21:14

So lets say 51% love to eat fecals and they vote and making it a majority, they make me eat fecals, that is not right.

This is one of the funniest things ever posted on this website

Agreed, I have re-read these comments a few times in the past hour. What an analogy.
05.09.2022 - 21:30
Cthulu
Very optimistic of them to name the last song 'We'll be Back'. I was expecting this to be their last album
06.09.2022 - 12:34
GrimReaper85
Hardly any addition to existing discography. If they only made one outstanding track.
06.09.2022 - 12:53
Charlotbk
2 bonus track, 14 songs total I think they should have stop at 10 songs this album is too long. 6.5/10 for me!
06.09.2022 - 13:09
musclassia
staff
Well produced, instrumentally impressive with some solid solos and riffs with a bit of bite, but can't say there was a single song here that made any impact. I'm sure battling throat cancer didn't help Mustaine vocally, and any impact that it had is a great shame, but it doesn't help in terms of creating any kind of memorable or exciting chorus, which is one of the areas where the album falls short

Also love it when people mention negative reviews that classic albums in the 70s/80s received whenever the same band receives mixed/negative responses in 202X - those classic albums were typically pioneering and daring, and met pushback from people not ready for that sound; none of the albums the same bands are releasing these days are similarly new and challenging
06.09.2022 - 13:20
MahoDM
Dumbass
Written by musclassia on 06.09.2022 at 13:09

[...] can't say there was a single song here that made any impact. [...] it doesn't help in terms of creating any kind of memorable or exciting chorus, which is one of the areas where the album falls short

I agree completely, the only songs that I relisten cuz I want to (not because I force myself to) are the covers and "We'll be back" and most of the time I don't count in the covers as part of the album
06.09.2022 - 13:23
nikarg
staff
Written by musclassia on 06.09.2022 at 13:09

Also love it when people mention negative reviews that classic albums in the 70s/80s received whenever the same band receives mixed/negative responses in 202X - those classic albums were typically pioneering and daring, and met pushback from people not ready for that sound; none of the albums the same bands are releasing these days are similarly new and challenging

This is so very true.
06.09.2022 - 14:02
AIeditor059

I don't think you understand: one of the reason goverments exists(they all have their flaws of course) is beacuse the majority of people are stupid and can't decide what's good or bad(for example if you ask all the peopl\e to vote to triple their salaries, the majority will vote yes).
Again, and I hope in the future this will be implemented: if your subjective opinion, or bad taste, or wrong judjement, or poor intelect, INFLUENCE the others, then YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE.

Tha's the case here. A lot of peolpe don't have the intelect to understand the album ,or are subjective, but they can vote:))) And that is not right. If the majority will vote for you to eat fecals I guess you wouldn't like it.

So people who love certain albums that you love are "the government", and those who do not love them are "the mob", right?
06.09.2022 - 17:29
MahoDM
Dumbass
Written by JoHn Doe on 05.09.2022 at 19:51

Trolls don't last long, good luck!

Tbh I think that he is just a narcissistic teen who thinks that only his opinion is the right one so he becomes a fanboi not accepting any kind criticism, even if it is reasonable, which makes him dive into yet bigger egoism.
07.09.2022 - 22:56
Rating: 8
Chumb
The album is growing on me, but some of the songs (sacrifice) should have been left out. About Dave’s voice-well, maybe not the best in the world, but this voice IS megadeth. Could not have worked with any other vocalist. Think the voice suits the music..
08.09.2022 - 11:02
HyperDrifter
Looking back on the comment thread above, I'm just laughing at intellect and Megadeth being in the same sentence, when has Megadeth ever been profound or deep?!
Anyone considering Dave Mustaine a high bar for anything intellectual should broaden their horizons.
08.09.2022 - 17:44
Theoran
I've been a Megadeth fan since the mid 80s but feel off after Countdown but did return and enjoyed Dystopia. The singles We'll Be Back and Nightstalkers got me excited as did the many reviews claiming this to be better than Dystopia and a return to their classic era. Sadly, this album just isn't for me.

I'd prefer an 8 or 9 track 40 minute album with focus riff filled songs. When listening to RIP and PS i was reminded with how much room each song had to breathe between vocals. With this album, it feels like Dave is in a hurry to start the vocals, get to the chorus and then get to the next verse. Contrast that with Holy Wars' 1:20s musical intro before Dave ever get's to verse 1, Wake Up Dead which has barely more than 10 lines.

Dave's voice doesn't bother me in the slightest and I really wanted to like this album, I just wanted a lot more We'll Be Back and a lot less Sacrifice/Killing Time.
08.09.2022 - 19:32
HypnoChook
Bring out your megadead…

Not a huge fan of this offering. Felt the song-ideas were lacking, and spicing up the verse/chorus monotony with odd sound bites (and Ice T) didnt cut it. Wont stop me loving Megadeth, but this will get as many re-listens as Supercollider.

Highlights: We’ll be Back (Black Friday-ish, anyone?) and the Marty-esqe solo at 1:57 in Sacrifice
09.09.2022 - 14:28
AtrumHiberna
I've been a massive Megadeth fan since I was 16 and they're one of the very few bands that I continue to follow their new music (adult life got in the way and I don't have the same time as before to explore and discover new music).

This album is a mixed bag at best. It starts really strong, then it makes a big belly in the middle until it finishes strong again. Songs like Dogs of Chernobyl, Junkie, Sacrifice and Mission to Mars are bang on average and quite forgettable. Soldier On! is exactly what I thought this album would sound like before they released any singles, with Mustaine's signature mid tempo riffs. Célebutante is a breath of fresh air and easily one of the best moments of the album. The main riff has a very 80's heavy metal vibe to it and reminds me of a very young Mustaine. We'll Be Back is a hell of a closer to the album too, with The Sick, The Dying... And The Dead!, Life In Hell and Night Stalkers the other strong songs in this album.
As for the vocals, this is a 60-year old Mustaine who has just overcome throat cancer, so cut him some slack. I'm actually impressed by the vocals given the circumstances and he sounds much better that in Dystopia where he sounded rough and tired (although in hindsight he probably had throat cancer then as he was diagnosed shortly after the album was recorded).
I've also got a surprise in my copy of the album. There are two bonus songs, one of which was supposed to be a live recording of Dystopia but the actual song on the album is a live recording of The Conjuring from 2021.
All in all, I give this album a solid 7 as the good moments outweigh the average ones.
----
This is my worship, this is my path...
10.09.2022 - 12:41
JoHn Doe
Written by lust on 10.09.2022 at 12:28

If I listen to an album and think it's not for me, I don't vote at all. becuse its not for me(simply)
So I don't like nu metal, but I can't go and give a 1 point to nu metal albums, do i have right for this?

You may not like this album, but you cannot explain me the ratings of 6 points or less. so i didnt care about metal strom rating system and its not fair imo.

While I agree people should not rate music from genres they generally dislike, I still think they are allowed to rate an album they've spend the time listening to it. "Shouldn't rate" and "cannot rate" are two different things.

Also the MS rating system is fine, I've seen worse. I also think the rating is quite fair (when people do not abuse it, obviously).
----
10.09.2022 - 12:48
Redel
Written by lust on 10.09.2022 at 12:28

i didnt care about metal strom rating system .

That is probably the best thing to do in your case.

Hits total: 16496 | This month: 122