Metal Storm logo
Ethereal Shroud interview (06/2022)

With: Joseph Hawker
Conducted by: RaduP (skype)
Published: 24.06.2022

Band profile:

Ethereal Shroud

Ethereal Shroud went on a brief hiatus at the end of 2021, just before the release of the band's massive masterpiece Trisagion. After a few months of recovering from the effort, mastermind Joe Hawker announced the revival of Ethereal Shroud in May 2022 with the promise of an eventual follow-up to Trisagion. To have some fun by subjecting himself to ridiculous questions in the meantime, Hawker spent an hour chilling with us.

Posted on 24.06.2022 by Doesn't matter that much to me if you agree with me, as long as you checked the album out.

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 138 users
25.06.2022 - 07:08
no one

Video unavailable?
----
Unable to connect to the database
25.06.2022 - 09:09
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by no one on 25.06.2022 at 07:08

Video unavailable?

Had to reupload it because the original video had about 6 minutes of content accidentally cut. This one is better because it just has one minute of silence accidentally added. Oh well. I just forgot to link the new video.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
26.06.2022 - 15:44
nikarg

Radu, you are slaughtering the pronunciation of Trisagion. Apart from that, great interview.
Thankfully, the artist nails the pronunciation of his own album title. I like his answers, he sounds like a very decent bloke. I am looking forward to the new thing, and I sure am glad it will not be Trisagion part II. That record cannot be topped; years from now, people will consider it a classic. I get that he needs to go down a different path, it makes perfect sense, and it is also quite bold of him. I still haven't heard this Absolution|Emptiness, but I trust his judgement, and I probably won't. He is right; a lot of DSBM is worthless, and it is quite rare for a band or an album to stand out in that style.

I did listen to the whole interview, by the way.
10.08.2022 - 21:23
Reaper_Redeemer

Written by nikarg on 26.06.2022 at 15:44

Radu, you are slaughtering the pronunciation of Trisagion. Apart from that, great interview.

Do not listen to him, he is almost perfectly pronouncing it
Joking, but indeed it is very difficult for non-natives to pronounce well the greek language.
Personally I am happy that he put some effort and reached very close to the correct pronunciation.

Hits total: 2811 | This month: 39