07. Chainlife
08. Storm
09. Dreamlife
10. Desert Rain

Staff review by
RaduP
Rating:
N/A
There are portions in your life where you're so tired of everything, and you're so grateful for musicians who make it so easy for you to feel the emotional impact of their music.

Read more ››
published 04.11.2022 | Comments (6)

Found in 15 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 19   Visited by: 170 users
28.07.2022 - 13:27
Rating: 9
Paz
Elite
Hype!

25.08.2022 - 08:55
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Hype!
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
06.10.2022 - 21:08
Paz
Elite
Hype x3!

This could be my favourite single so far.
21.10.2022 - 17:17
Draugen
This is an amazing album with a great energy from start to finish. Incredible vocals as well.
24.10.2022 - 15:16
MarlKarx
What a great album, they only keep getting better. It's weird that they are only listed as post-hardcore in MS, I feel like they been getting closer to post-metal every release.
24.10.2022 - 18:32
JoHn Doe
Sounds interesting, I've listened a bit on bandcamp, I will listen to the whole album and get back to this.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
27.10.2022 - 14:45
Ball Fondlers
I'd never heard of this band. I'm really enjoying this. The song "Storm" sounded so familar I thought it might be a cover (like Ghost), but I think it's just really catchy
14.11.2022 - 16:25
Rating: 10
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Holy smokes this is awesome. Such an enveloping sound. The vocals are perfect, the warm bass tone is perfect, the heavy parts are perfect.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.12.2022 - 20:27
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
AOTY.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
03.12.2022 - 16:50
JoHn Doe
Superb and impressive
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
06.01.2023 - 07:34
Rating: 8
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Wow, this is very good. Agree the vocals are fantastic. Every song is top notch, just a really enjoyable album, have had it on repeat for days.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
06.01.2023 - 15:14
Zap
Never understood the praise this band gets. The music is rather average and the vocals range from annoying at worst to bearable at best.
06.01.2023 - 15:55
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Zap on 06.01.2023 at 15:14

Never understood the praise this band gets. The music is rather average and the vocals range from annoying at worst to bearable at best.

Love the vocals, very passionate, but not perfect. Shows emotion IMO.

I features really great production that helps extremely catchy song writing. A good mix of driving baselines and catchy, soaring lead guitar blend perfectly.

What's not to like? (Obviously I think it's great, but it's always funny how tastes can differ. I can definitely see how one could find the vocals overbearing, for example)
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
07.01.2023 - 02:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.01.2023 at 15:55

I features really great production that helps extremely catchy song writing. A good mix of driving baselines and catchy, soaring lead guitar blend perfectly.

In universal agreement here. Her balanced delivery of delicate, breathy/raspy vocals reminds me of Sinéad O'Connor, especially with her intonation. Her Sia-like cracks while approaching higher octaves really embraces that evocative side too, but sometimes her accent can be overpowering, as with Jinjer. And that degree of mixed head and chest voice and grate on some people for sure.

She has great pitch control and combined with the band's ability to bounce between upbeat hardcore and introspective breakdowns within a familiar pop structure makes for a pretty fun and digestible package, all things considered.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.01.2023 - 08:39
Zap
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.01.2023 at 15:55

What's not to like? (Obviously I think it's great, but it's always funny how tastes can differ. I can definitely see how one could find the vocals overbearing, for example)

Overbearing is exactly right. I may have been a bit harsh on the instrumental side; it's not like the music is bad. It is quite decent and it has a nice production. There is nothing that really wows me though. And as I said, the vocals ruin it, which is unfortunate as I could see myself really liking this overall with better vocals.

Trust me, I have tried hard to like this band. I want nothing more than for a local band to really make it big so I can say "I saw them live before they were cool".
24.03.2023 - 21:28
SebaRaven36
Simply incredible this album, I just remembered this band and I hadn't remembered that they had released a new album so I listened to the whole thing and I thought it was wonderful, I had listened to their 2 previous albums, they are good but this one is incredible.
Pure post-hardcore....
14.06.2023 - 10:18
tintinb
The first song Miles Away is gold. Nothing on the rest of the album really compares to that introduction. Still some good melodies to listen to.
----
Leeches everywhere.
03.11.2023 - 08:53
Paz
Elite
I love this Audiotree series

17.11.2023 - 19:14
miekka18
Vocals are epic. So raw and powerfull, yet energetic.
Good songwriting and nice audio quality in every way.
I didn't even know about Post-Hardcore.
I really liked this album. Easy 8.3 / 10

Hits total: 2433 | This month: 26