Metal Storm logo
Delain - Introduce New Singer; Share New Single Online

Dutch symphonic metal Delain have released a video for the newest single, "The Quest And The Curse". At the same time, the band welcome Diana Leah as their new permanent singer.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Delain
Posted: 09.08.2022 by conscientiousnes

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 188 users
09.08.2022 - 19:32
Icedburden

So they hired a singer who sounds like charlotte…. Ok
----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth
09.08.2022 - 19:39
DoomRules

What's the point of firing your vocalist and hiring one who sings the same?
----
There's no light at the end of the tunnel...
09.08.2022 - 19:40
JoHn Doe

Quite generic I dare say. All that fuss and then they reform for this?!
Goodbye Delain, it's been fun for a while.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
09.08.2022 - 19:51
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by DoomRules on 09.08.2022 at 19:39

Maybe this one asks for less money.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
09.08.2022 - 20:55
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

From the sounds of it, her and other members were trying to take over the sound of band, and I guess Martjin didn't want that.

It's pretty obvious when you listen to "Apocalpyse and Chill"... the album just didn't sound like Delain, and it wasn't very good.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
10.08.2022 - 09:10
DarkWingedSoul

Written by RaduP on 09.08.2022 at 19:51

Maybe this one asks for less money.

and does what she's told
10.08.2022 - 10:07
annodomini

The last 3 albums were quite an evolution of female fronted metal, a fresh look in a genre out of breath. But Martijn probably didn't like that. A new song just sounds like a b-side from these albums. And I don't get the fans screaming that this is the return to Lucidity. In what way? I still hope that the rest of the songs would have a soul in it, not only elements that just should be there.

I so wish that all the members that left would form a new band with a Charlotte in front, as their recent sound was heading to a very interesting direction.
----
the riddle wants to be...
11.08.2022 - 12:41
InfinityZ780

Written by annodomini on 10.08.2022 at 10:07

The last 3 albums were quite an evolution of female fronted metal, a fresh look in a genre out of breath. But Martijn probably didn't like that. A new song just sounds like a b-side from these albums. And I don't get the fans screaming that this is the return to Lucidity. In what way? I still hope that the rest of the songs would have a would in it, not only elements that just should be there.

I so wish that all the members that left would form a new band with a Charlotte in front, as their recent sound was heading to a very interesting direction.

I couldn't agree more.

The thing is, I love the new sound that Delain was aiming for, it made them really unique instead of being just another generic symphonic metal band. I don't care what other people would say about A&C, but I still think it's one of their best albums bc of the variety of songs with many different elements.

You would think that he would've still had some relationship with the other members enough, especially with Charlotte, to communicate that he doesn't want that instead of pulling a d*ck move by getting rid of them. And now he got a new singer who clearly was told to sing like Charlotte, what's the point of all of that? It's like his mind went like this;

"Hmmm, I hate having these people messing around with the sound of my band, what should I do? *thinking* Oh I know, let's just get rid of them and Charlotte and make an excuse that I didn't want to tour! But Charlotte's voice is the face of the band, what should I do with that? *thinking again* Oh I know, let's get a new singer and then MAKE HER SING LIKE CHARLOTTE because now I want to get back on the tour!"
12.08.2022 - 01:21
Ismarmlp

Charlotte and the other members of the band were NOT fired
12.08.2022 - 19:19
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 09.08.2022 at 20:55

From the sounds of it, her and other members were trying to take over the sound of band, and I guess Martjin didn't want that.

It's pretty obvious when you listen to "Apocalpyse and Chill"... the album just didn't sound like Delain, and it wasn't very good.

Dude Martijn burned out, demoted Timo, Otto & Joey to session player status causing them to quit effective immediately and Charlotte fought for months to retain the band but he kept moving the target on her until she finally walked away too. I hope he crashes and burns, he’s a 🍆
13.08.2022 - 00:21
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by annodomini on 10.08.2022 at 10:07

Sort of like the Battle Beast/Beast In Black split, but in reverse?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
14.08.2022 - 13:11
Enissa

Being a huge Delain fan myself, this is definitely a letdown. The song is so generic and sounds like any other symphonic metal band, while Delain always had something different (especially in the last couple of albums). Sure, the music is fine and all, but the new vocalist is just.. I don't know, she almost sounds like she's trying her hardest to be Charlotte, and we all know that's not gonna happen.
To me, what made Delain unique was Charlotte's voice and compositions, and this is not to dismiss Martijn's or anyone else's contributions to the sound. I don't understand fans in the comments literally losing their shit, and saying how "this is returning to Lucidity" or "the original sound"; I don't hear or see or feel it in any way. It's well known that Charlotte contributed a lot to the sound of Lucidity, and it was not just Martijn writing those songs.

Anyways, let's wait and see if this is gonna be another dumpster fire or not..
16.08.2022 - 05:16
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by MissouriMargie on 12.08.2022 at 19:19

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 09.08.2022 at 20:55

Dude Martijn burned out, demoted Timo, Otto & Joey to session player status causing them to quit effective immediately and Charlotte fought for months to retain the band but he kept moving the target on her until she finally walked away too. I hope he crashes and burns, he’s a 🍆

Eh... it's always he said, she said with this stuff. All I know is that he started the band and wrote all the music... and as soon as others started trying to influence the music more, it felt like it started going downhill a bit. Seeing as he just put out a great album with Eye of Melian, I have a feeling he's still got some magic.... and have you heard Charlotte's solo album? It's pretty average.

I'll reserve judgment for until I hear the new album, though. Maybe it'll suck, who knows.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
25.08.2022 - 14:57
Duck Dodgers

Lol Bring Tarja back! :p
25.08.2022 - 15:31
JoHn Doe

Written by Duck Dodgers on 25.08.2022 at 14:57

Lol Bring Tarja back! :p

LOL
poor Tarja...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
26.08.2022 - 14:30
The Evergreen

I had my doubts. I'm glad I listened, I really like it. For some reason, I was half expecting Marco to come in at some point.
27.08.2022 - 20:37
The Melting Snow

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 16.08.2022 at 05:16

Eye of Melian.

thanks for the mention. I checked out their album and was pleasantly surprised. Reminded me of The Silent Force by Withing Temptation in some parts.

Good, calm listening to last a few days
19.09.2022 - 09:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Charlotte Wessels comments on this

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-delain-frontwoman-charlotte-wessels-comments-on-bands-comeback-with-new-singer

I think she is a bit jalouse and same time, she looks horible, she had damn good beautiful long hair, shy she cut those
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 2157 | This month: 8