04. Night Ride
05. Edge Of The Knife
06. Force Of A Storm
07. The Savior's Lie
08. Death To Mercy

The Best Heavy / Traditional Metal Album Of 2022

Additional info
Released via Relapse Records

Recorded, mixed and mastered at Redwood Studios, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.

Staff review by
RaduP
Rating:
N/A
Do you like your heavy metal to be as smooth as possible?

Read more ››
published 22.09.2022 | Comments (4)

Found in 17 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 219 users
17.09.2022 - 19:30
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
This is NWOTHM at it's finest, it could well be the best heavy metal release this year so far imo. So many great riffs with memorable hooks, epic choruses, excellent lead guitars, nice synthesizer effects, great vocal performance, and great songwriting, and it's also very well produced.

I find the album as a whole pretty exciting, but the tracks that really stand out for me are "Edge of the Knife", "Twilight Points The Way", and "Night Ride".
17.09.2022 - 19:39
JoHn Doe

one of the best heavy metal albums I've heard this year.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
20.09.2022 - 08:55
majormalfunction

This was a nice suprise, i've listened to it a couple of times and it's definitely one of the best records i've heard this year. If I have a complaint it's the vocals which I find quite monotonous in the long run (is there's some effect that makes it like that?). Anyway otherwise strong songs with good production.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
23.09.2022 - 09:54
Rating: 8
Ball Fondlers

I though this band wasn't on here, because I was searching for Summerlands! It's really good anyway
05.01.2023 - 14:41
Rating: 6
metalbrat

I really do not mind the softness of Heavy metal but the vocals are really bad. It made the album look like a heavy Pop.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
24.02.2023 - 17:40
Rating: 10
nefredil

Absolutely superb album! Not a single bad songs... The mood, the atmosphere, the rhytm and the melodies, all perfect and spot on!
----
First rule of making alliance with the Devil? Don't do it.
14.09.2023 - 17:41
tintinb

Ok to good heavy metal.
----
Leeches everywhere.

Hits total: 2578 | This month: 14