Metal Storm logo
Lacuna Coil - New Video Online

Italian gothic pioneers Lacuna Coil have shared a new music video for their song "Swamped". This new version of the track will appear on Comalies XX, a "deconstructed" and "transported" version of band's third album, Comalies, which was originally released in 2002. Comalies XX will be made available on October 14 via Century Media Records. Check out the video and artwork below.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Lacuna Coil
Posted: 20.09.2022 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 64 users
20.09.2022 - 15:09
Eternity'sChild
Not gonna lie, I like the original version a lot more... I don't really see why exactly Comalies out of all of their records needs to be re-done.
20.09.2022 - 15:20
Written by Eternity'sChild on 20.09.2022 at 15:09

Not gonna lie, I like the original version a lot more... I don't really see why exactly Comalies out of all of their records needs to be re-done.

Because they refuse to get back to that sound, thinking most of the newer fans like this pushy metalcore vibe, but at the same time they acknowledge that Comalies made them famous, so they've adopted a single strategy to get the best from both approaches, though I think they didn't get to accomplish what they aim to. Comalies is perfect the way it is, there's no need to redo it, they should focus on improving the new sound, if they're really decided to follow this path.
20.09.2022 - 18:58
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I don't dislike Lacuna Coil's new sound, but the growling here just doesn't work. Sounds strained and forced just like idea behind this record release. Comalies was already a great record and to me it sounds more modern than this 2000s gothic metal beauty and the beast sound. Most of those bands have either died out or evolved past that sound but Lacuna Coil is doubling down.
20.09.2022 - 19:50
skelator
Meh...
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44

Hits total: 929 | This month: 3