Metal Storm logo
Host - Newly Formed Project By Paradise Lost Members

Paradise Lost founding members Nick Holmes Greg Mackintosh have announced a new musical project called Host, named after their somewhat divisive 1999 album of the same name. The band have signed with Nuclear Blast Records and have announced their debut album entitled IX, due on the 24th February. You can hear the first taste of the record below in the form of the single Tomorrow's Sky.

Guitarist Mackintosh comments:
"Host is something that I had in mind for a few years but never had the time to do it justice until now. It’s taking the concept of what we attempted to do on the Paradise Lost album Host but approaching it in a modern context. It’s part 80s goth, part electro, part rock but none of them specifically. The emphasis is on hooks and atmosphere. It’s quite a challenge to make miserable music catchy and hopefully we’ve achieved that to some degree."

Full details can be found here on the band's Facebook page.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Host
Posted: 22.10.2022 by IllusiveCamel🐪

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 229 users
22.10.2022 - 19:44
Aries Rising
Sounds good to me, but I do like goth and synth music; Nick also sounds good.
22.10.2022 - 19:56
JoHn Doe
I enjoyed this quite a bit, I'm looking forward t listening to the whole album.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
22.10.2022 - 21:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nja seems they miss Paradise Lost '' disco era''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.10.2022 - 22:10
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 22.10.2022 at 21:33

Nja seems they miss Paradise Lost '' disco era''

There is no disco era, it's got to be a wtf moment for me when you say that.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
23.10.2022 - 10:00
I am screaming
23.10.2022 - 10:20
HollowHills
Das ist genau das worauf I waited for
They stopped evolving as they tried to get back to Draconian Times album. So going back and doing the thing they wanted instead of what fans expected is the right thing to do.

me is dancing
----
May the meow force be with you
23.10.2022 - 11:07
Luneth
I really like Host and Symbol of Life as much as the rest of their albums, so seeing Nick and Greg show that era of Paradise Lost some love is great news. Loved the song too and can't wait to hear more
23.10.2022 - 14:08
FYA
Destroyer
I'm ready, i need more.
23.10.2022 - 22:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I'm one of thoe weirdos who really enjoys Host so I'm looking forward to this. Song is catchy and Nick is nailing the vocals.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.10.2022 - 22:37
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Yeah, like Host very much. Believe In Nothing is their worst, however. New song is good, catchy, but not on par with Host's best songs ("Nothing Sacred", "Permanent Solutions", and particularly "Behind The Grey")... Let's see what the rest will be like I'm certainly curious!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
24.10.2022 - 12:41
aeonnumb
That's what they should have done with one second, host and symbol of life. It was crazy to do it under the Paradise Lost name. The good thing is they acknowledged the mistake, the reverted back to the PL sound and things like this need to be released as side projects.
24.10.2022 - 13:16
Charlotbk
Really enjoy this probably take it on vinyl, curious about the rest of the album.
24.10.2022 - 23:40
Batlord666
Oh my god, fuck yes. Host is weirdly my favorite PL album!
25.10.2022 - 21:41
Kub
Finally something like the great 'Host' album! It's a good idea to make this outside of Paradise Lost, they don't have to compromise this way.
28.10.2022 - 04:00
kingeryck
I love all their albums. Hell, their darkwave metal or whatever you wanna call em albums are way better than their attempts at getting back to their heavier roots like Plague Within and Medusa. 🥱 Great beats and synths and vocals on Host, Symbol of Life. Tell me Erased and Isolate aren't awesome.
29.10.2022 - 22:57
pthread
I felt for them in their struggle to go back to the era of Draconian Times which isn't possible without the unique harsh vocals that made it possible. That was a once in a lifetime album though. So it is only natural they turn to a version of themselves that is possible. It is a season to release such melancholic music so they're well on time with the single.
I'd be even happier if they went more into the One Second sound, which was more diverse an album and heavier, but probably the fans want more of a electronic key-driven sound so the guitar has to be buried in the mix.
Good effort, not releasing it as PL is irrelevant to the folks that enjoy it. The thing I like about them is they are true to themselves, not following a short-lived fad.
30.10.2022 - 21:21
Khold Baroness
This is gonna be a huge and agreat addition to post- punk universe
01.11.2022 - 20:45
Can't wait
27.11.2022 - 00:12
Leonidas
Smart move to produce different music with a side project through a refernce to the past.
Sounds good also.

Hits total: 4076 | This month: 16