Metal Storm logo
Enslaved - Announce New Album, Premiere Single

Norwegian prog black metal giants Enslaved, are due to return with their 16th studio album, this one titled Heimdal, set to be released on March 3rd 2023, via Nuclear Blast Records. You can watch the video for the "Congelia" single below, or check the song they already released prior.

The band comments: "It’s quite weird, yet pretty awesome that we are now talking about the release of our 16th album; yes our 16th full-length album release. That’s not too shabby for a couple of scallywags from rural western Norway, is it? If you count our stint in the short lived Phobia-act, we have been playing together for no less than 32 years!

"In all these years, Norse mythology has been our umbilical cord to the realms of mysticism and philosophy, and our gateway to the realms of deep psychology and the esoteric worlds beyond. One of the most fascinating characters of our mythology is Heimdal, and he has been lurking around in our minds like an enigma for three decades now. His first appearance was in a song called 'Heimdallr' on our demo tape 'Yggdrasill' back in 1992, and he’s had both minor and more significant roles in our lyrical universe over the years.

"This time we have decided to dedicate an entire body of work to this most enigmatic of characters and richest of archetypes - we give you 'Heimdal.' We have reached deeper and scouted further ahead than ever before - the past, present and future sound of the band comes together in songs born from sheer inspiration - it is the common force of a close-nit group of friends and musicians."

Tracklist:
01. Behind The Mirror
02. Congelia
03. Forest Dweller
04. Kingdom
05. The Eternal Sea
06. Caravans To The Outer Worlds
07. Heimdal

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Enslaved
Posted: 18.11.2022 by RaduP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 222 users
18.11.2022 - 20:44
Zariel
Truly a remarkable band with a long history and a great consistency. we are all very lucky to have Enslaved!
18.11.2022 - 20:57
ortoman
This song is gonna be a grower.
18.11.2022 - 21:20
A Real Mönkey
Damn bro. I can’t believe they’re naming an album after that prick in the new God of War.
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
18.11.2022 - 21:27
VikinkiQc
Damn what a great band ! This song is a mix between their Monumention era and more récent one ! Excellent
18.11.2022 - 22:13
Tuonelan
Really interested in how "Caravans To The Outer Worlds" fits into this new context with what I assume will be Heimdal and shamanic trance journeying as themes.
----
Hopepunk living on a grimdark timeline
19.11.2022 - 08:55
The Galactician
What a banger. Video too...nature is LIT.
19.11.2022 - 10:44
Zap
Definitely looking forward to this but sort of disappointing that it's only five new songs when considering Caravans and Kingdom were released months ago.
19.11.2022 - 11:38
Nightmare^
Not really excited about this. I love Enslaved but IMO after the lineup changes, the band is never the same. "E" I didn't like, Utgard was ok, this is so far is below expectations. What I loved about Enslaved was epicness combined with technicality, it always felt like Pink Floyd/Deep Purple went viking and started playing metal.

This is gone
----
19.11.2022 - 21:05
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Always excited for new Enslaved. Love the album cover, wonder if that was painted by their long-time collaborator Truls Espedal?
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
20.11.2022 - 19:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Not bad, wish they do 20 th album to
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.11.2022 - 15:09
Callisto
I wanted to stay away form single and only enjoy the album on it's entirety. Then I saw March 23 and thought "fuck it".

Never been happier to change my mind...
23.11.2022 - 15:30
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Looks like this song harkens back the their early days, it's much more straightforward black metal than whatever they're been releasing for many years now. Be that as it may, I like it a lot (after two listens) and hope that my love for Enslaved will be somehow rekindled, because I found "Utgard" slightly formulaic and unengaging.
26.11.2022 - 17:32
Archie 666
I approve this song.

Hits total: 2733 | This month: 16