06. Die Himmlische Revolution
07. Weltende
08. Triebgeschwärme
09. Hora Mortis

Staff review by
F3ynman2000
Rating:
N/A
The Mayan calendar got it wrong. Weltende, the end of the world, arrived in 2023, not 2012.

Read more ››
published 27.11.2023 | Comments (4)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 17   Visited by: 90 users
23.05.2023 - 19:37
Paz
Elite
WTF, the exact same artwork as Panzerfaust's masterpiece
23.05.2023 - 19:53
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
The new blackgaze.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
23.05.2023 - 21:15
A Real Mönkey
I fully expect this to be as mediocre as the other ones. Avoiding like the plague.
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
23.05.2023 - 21:38
Desha
delicious dish
Written by Paz on 23.05.2023 at 19:37

I bet it'll be more interesting though. They said they'll go back to being weird like on the first two records so I got some high hopes for it to not just be a standard black metal record
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
24.05.2023 - 07:49
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Paz on 23.05.2023 at 19:37

Yes, I straight away noticed that too and thought wtf, and it's not the first time a band have used a copy of an album cover previously done before. More importantly, I hope the album itself is worth listening too.
24.05.2023 - 14:46
Paz
Elite
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 24.05.2023 at 07:49

it's not the first time a band have used a copy of an album cover previously done before.

I did some research and the drawing is called "Aufruhr (Uprising)" and it was made by Käthe Kollwitz in 1899. It may be famous, I don't know, but it's still an odd choice given the bands' similar styles of music.
01.06.2023 - 16:15
Desha
delicious dish
Written by Paz on 24.05.2023 at 14:46

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 24.05.2023 at 07:49

it's not the first time a band have used a copy of an album cover previously done before.

I did some research and the drawing is called "Aufruhr (Uprising)" and it was made by Käthe Kollwitz in 1899. It may be famous, I don't know, but it's still an odd choice given the bands' similar styles of music.

Käthe Kollwitz is definitely famous. But yeah it's weird that they thought this was a good idea, surely they have seen the Panzerfaust album at least once?
----
01.06.2023 - 16:49
Paz
Elite
"Götterblut" is out:

02.06.2023 - 01:56
Desha
delicious dish
Written by Paz on 01.06.2023 at 16:49

"Götterblut" is out:

I'm eating my words this is very underwhelming. Gonna stop trusting what bands say when they talk about upcoming projects smh
----
01.07.2023 - 14:38
A new track, "Die himmlische Revolution" ("the heavenly revolution") is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbp0ou5QKGg

28.07.2023 - 12:02
Ball Fondlers
I nearly gave up listening half way through the first track, due to the over the top aggressiveness (too much for me anyway). But it started to hit its straps from the second track, and has some interesting parts. I could see myself returning to this
28.07.2023 - 12:19
Paz
Elite
A quote from the band's fb page:

"Ok, I will make it quick, as I am laying at the Mediterranean sea and plan to swim rather than doing this but I have to react to two things discussed in various forums and blogs:

1. The artwork „Uprising“ by Käthe Kollwitz is in the public domain and therefore free of use. It belongs to all of us. Its perfect as a piece of art for our album due to its historical relevance and the biography of its creator, who lived and worked very close to our hometown. Still, would we have known it was used before we would have worked on something else as a special and exclusive visual expression was always a core element of PORTA NIGRA. Shit happens, life goes on and I still very much like the artwork. It does not belong to a band from Canada and we never stole anything.

2. Now something truely amusing. Some people, especially in American blogs/forums, claim that the gesture of Andy in the bandpic is a symbol of US White Supremacy movement. Here is the thing: While shooting bandpics we had no idea how to „pose“ or come up with something interesting because standing in front of a camera is not our daily business. Andy spontaneously came up with the eye looking through his hand to highlight the psychedelic artwork in the background. Thats it. Neither he nor I have any idea what American White Supremacy activists are doing with their hands.

This is the first and last time I comment such insanity. Watch out for the album that drops Friday.

Tobias"
29.07.2023 - 18:30
Full album is out now:

31.07.2023 - 17:13
Desha
delicious dish
This was fine. Granted, I only listened to it on the side and Porta Nigra albums usually turn out to be growers, but meh. Nothing as gripping as Kaiserschnitt and from what I got nothing as lyrically fun as Schöpfungswut. But maybe it just needs more listens. Some nice riffs for sure. A bit too same-y
----
04.08.2023 - 16:03
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Well it's not as goofy and fun as Kaiserschnitt, which is still their best IMO. But enjoyable for what it is. Can't recall the band sounding this aggressive before, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. At least they're not entirely one - dimensional.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
15.09.2023 - 17:21
Rating: 7
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
I really like the spoken word passages. They're really poetic. I wonder if they're taken from some famous writer. Does anyone know?
29.11.2023 - 18:07
DarkWingedSoul
Also noticed them because of the panzerfaustian cover

Hits total: 1733 | This month: 15