Metal Storm logo
Architects - Part Ways With Guitarist Josh Middleton

After six years, Architects and guitarist Josh Middleton have decided to go separate ways. As some of you might know, Josh is a frontman in Sylosis, who are planning to release new studio album in near future.

Statement from the group: "It is with a heavy heart that we announce Josh's time in the band has come to an end. It has gradually become apparent that we need to go our separate ways, but we remain close friends.

"Josh was a life raft for the band after we lost Tom and he gave us a way to keep the band alive through the hardest experience or our lives. We will always be grateful to him for that. We wish him the best in his future endeavours and we suggest that everyone keeps an eye out for the new Sylosis record later this year."

Source: instagram.com
Band profile: Architects
Posted: 30.05.2023 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 41 users
30.05.2023 - 14:08
Liafev
I never knew if Architects started to suck when Tom died, or when Josh joined.. I will have a tiny little hope that this can be a good sign for Architects. They can anyway not get worse than the last album.
30.05.2023 - 18:12
Written by Liafev on 30.05.2023 at 14:08

I never knew if Architects started to suck when Tom died, or when Josh joined.. I will have a tiny little hope that this can be a good sign for Architects. They can anyway not get worse than the last album.

Well, their first record with Josh was good, considering the band sound, back then. Having in mind what that guy is all about regarding playing guitar, I strongly believe it was actually a musical shift decided from the band overall. Got to be honest: it doesn't make sense having Josh to play that sort of music. The guy is a riffs lunatic.
30.05.2023 - 18:18
Liafev
Written by Illusion's_Void on 30.05.2023 at 18:12

Well, their first record with Josh was good, considering the band sound, back then. Having in mind what that guy is all about regarding playing guitar, I strongly believe it was actually a musical shift decided from the band overall. Got to be honest: it doesn't make sense having Josh to play that sort of music. The guy is a riffs lunatic.

Well, Holy Hell was already the start of the downfall for me.. It was ok, but far from being as good as the previous two. I agree with you that Josh was a weird fit in that band to begin with yeah.

Hits total: 1383 | This month: 11