Metal Storm logo
Metal Storm MP3 sampler

Original post

Posted by Ivan, 08.11.2007 - 23:11
This thing has been in the works for about a year, ever since we shut down the Compilation. It has passed through various incarnations - but now it's finally here!

Metal Storm MP3 sampler

The main idea was to provide much needed promotion for bands, as well as keep our users happy with free music. This feature is for bands, both already accomplished and just starting, that are seeking promotion and feedback. This is for metal fans, always in search for new music. If you don't mind sharing your song with our eager listeners - you can upload it here, it's really easy! The new system allows songs to be rated and commented, providing you with feedback.

Any suggestions on changes or additional features are very welcome. The section will officially open after we have at least five submitted songs.

Thank you, enjoy!
31.01.2008 - 21:53
Lord TJ
Does anybody know anything if theres any progress at all?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
01.02.2008 - 01:38
Promonex
Cathemeral
elite
Written by Lord TJ on 31.01.2008 at 21:53

Does anybody know anything if theres any progress at all?

Probably just as much as progress as you do with the MS toolbar

No seriously, we've been working our asses off for the awards during the past few weeks, so the sampler was pushed far behind on the priority list. Can't tell you when we'll get back to care about the sampler again as there's still enough stuff with less obstacles to be done before.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
01.02.2008 - 02:00
Lord TJ
Oh ok, its been a long while and I kept wondering if anything was getting better with it or not.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
26.01.2009 - 15:18
gid
Sorry for bumping an old topic.

I can't see it's legal for a collection agency to charge for bands they don't represent. It certainly isn't legal in the EU, or from what I've seen, in the US. Whose jurisdiction does the Metal Storm sampler fall under?

It's a shame that this feature is being held up, because one of the things I most enjoyed about Metal Storm was the unsigned bands compilation. If you guys need any help in setting this up, I'm willing it put in time to support you.
26.01.2009 - 21:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by gid on 26.01.2009 at 15:18

I can't see it's legal for a collection agency to charge for bands they don't represent. It certainly isn't legal in the EU, or from what I've seen, in the US. Whose jurisdiction does the Metal Storm sampler fall under?

Don't this against me as I'm not 100% sure, but I guess the Estonian law. Domain name, server etc are Estonian.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.01.2009 - 23:11
Ivor
staff
No, they can't charge anything for bands and songs that aren't on the list of some sort of authors representing organization. This whole streaming stuff's been on hold for various reasons, including lack of free time to get oneself to talk this thing over with respective organization. Some day, it will be sorted, though.

I.

PS. And Lucas is right. Legally we fall under Estonian laws.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on M