Metal Storm logo
The New Windows (Vista)

Original post

Posted by , 07.06.2006 - 01:51
So I heard that in the new version of windows that will be released very soon you will have to pay for every single update...I heard this from my sister who works as a tech support agent at Brother Printer...I personally think that Bill Gates is a very greedy selfish man and that after everyone switches over to linux and mac after this version is released, he will be a poor man...thoughts?
30.01.2007 - 15:35
Damnated
Churchburner
the os of the future is defenetly Sun 10. it's free and open source. what else do you need?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
30.01.2007 - 23:21
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Baz: Yeah, I remember downloading Windows Live Messenger awhile back...I really hate it...I was perfectly happy for the last version that I had...I really don't care whether I download the new windows media player at all...
01.02.2007 - 17:16
FOOCK Nam

I wonder why we must update for windows, I use my computer year to year but never update, after once of updating my computer runs with more pop up or something new that makes my computer runs slowly. I just really notice to update virus, spyware, besides it nothing
26.07.2007 - 18:44
TemplarKnight
Account deleted
windows vista indeed its better than xp, but seems a copy of MAC OS X ...

also this is a ram hog !!! but about security no doubts its much more secure for "now" ...
26.07.2007 - 21:24
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I'm able to run Windows Vista on my MacBook using the Bootcamp beta, which allows me to compare Mac OS 10.4.9 with Windows Vista, and I'd say I like OSX a whole lot more. Maybe this is because I've always been a Mac user, but I think it's much more user-friendly, and Windows always gives you security updates and stupid messages and shit that are just annoying, though neccessary. Plus Mac OSX comes with iLife, which is nice.
27.07.2007 - 01:00
tulkas
el parcero
i currently have wondows vista on my pc and so far it works well, even though it's an illegal version, haha... so far i haven't had any problems, i guess it's just a matter of getting used it since i was familiar with the XP
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
27.07.2007 - 13:39
Black Winter

I used to have a multiboot of XP pro and Vista Ultimate,and for 98% of the times, i choose XP to work with.Reason:complicated Compatibility with many applications.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
30.07.2007 - 18:56
SteelScream
Account deleted
Sucks.
(Sorry for the shortage of that message - Windows Vista Sucks! [Unless your a security fanatic])
30.07.2007 - 21:50
Ernis
狼獾
My absolute favourite is Windows 2000 since I had it for four years or so....the new computer has XP but I made it look like 2000....I don't like the original appearance of XP....and about Vista....a family acquaintance who's experienced in that stuff told me that I'll cry my eyes out if I ever start using Vista....so...I'll better stay away from it....
31.07.2007 - 20:37
Tod_Engel

Windows Vista is just Win XP with new features, for example 3D design. I use it and it isn't anything revolutionary. Most of the features Vista has got are already being used in Linux or Mac OS X for couple of years now.
05.08.2007 - 00:39
selken
Irreligious
Two words: it sucks
I stick with WinXP in royale black :-)
My new computer will have XP even if it has a bundled vista.
----
08.09.2007 - 01:23
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I think its pure shit, from greedy Microsoft bastards... I mean I have to buy whole new PC just to run that shit , which is probably Windows XP with few changes in appearance... It annoys me, really... The worst thing is that some of the new software wont work on XP and earlyer.... damn
----
08.09.2007 - 18:52
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I have to agree with what most people have been saying.

I got a new computer two weeks ago , with Windows Vista and I don't like it.

Everything seems to take twice as long to do , because of all the security stuff.
And it seems to hide things I download too , they are never quite where I think they will be , but maybe that is me in my computer dimness. ;lol;
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
14.09.2007 - 21:20
master of gods
Account deleted
its fine with me ! ...and the graphics are nice
02.04.2008 - 18:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I hate it. It's takes ages to load completely, it akes my computer slow and it reboots and gets blocked for no reason.

This expresses it better:

----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.04.2008 - 18:27
tulkas
el parcero
ugh! it looks nice but that's all!! it made my laptop slow as hell and it gets blocked all the time if i do 2 things at the same time. today my programmer is coming to get the XP back, yay! i hope that works 'cause i just can't stan vista anymore making my pc so fkn slow!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
06.11.2008 - 18:15
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
The new windows vista is good great 3d visuals good against viruses, but all comes with a price it needs 1gb of your memory without even clicking the mouse button so you will need at least 2gb memory to get the best useage.
06.11.2008 - 18:22
routa
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 02.04.2008 at 18:12

I hate it. It's takes ages to load completely, it akes my computer slow and it reboots and gets blocked for no reason.

Really? I've only contradicting experiences, faster, never crashed etc. Then again I've got a pretty expensive hardware under it... Vista seems to like memory.
06.11.2008 - 18:32
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I use Vista here at work and agree with the rumors that it really blows. We run a POS system, plus the time clock, through this OS and it has probably cost me over $100 in late hours. When I come in the morning sometimes it will take 15 minutes to fully load, other times it just won't connect and I have to restart. I have no idea what they were thinking with all the memory-eating transparent effects, and the bubble updates and permissions are so annoying. I just recently bought a new laptop and had to make sure it had XP, I like Windows but feel Vista really is an embarrassment. Hopefully Windows 7 will clear all these issues up and restore faith (what little there has been) in Microsoft.
29.06.2021 - 11:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is that I see that W11 is coming? anyone has pictures how it will look like? I read in days W10 will be last one.
To me I started whit 98, then I get Millennium, short time long time XP, then 7. I hated so much 8 really, and was sceptic to 10. Now I am use to it, if it will be shit as 8 damn why all good things needs to change.

BTW how many of you use piratic windows? I did do it from 1999 to 2012 I think. I bougt then new PC sek 10 000 but 50% sale, I got all original. I still have a code from it, so all Office and all what Microsot offers. I build my gamer PC (not a crime) and use official what I paid for. I think its value 2 times more or 3 PC , I dont remember. Anyway buying once original product you win more as loose
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.06.2021 - 22:16
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Windows 11 is coming. I sense sites getting heavier and compatibility breaking down to the point we eventually HAVE to upgrade to the thing.

I wouldn't want something with better graphics or better whatever. They simply releasing something that actually works for once would be far more than enough. But coming from Microsoft I guess expecting a good OS is aiming waaay too high.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
12.07.2021 - 10:53
This is called thread necromancy