Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
20.10.2011 - 04:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Garth Vader on 20.10.2011 at 04:42
One word solves this debate from here on out. Lulu. Case closed.

Unless Megadave decides to emulate Metallica once again...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.10.2011 - 05:46
Garth Vader

Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.10.2011 at 04:53

Written by Garth Vader on 20.10.2011 at 04:42
One word solves this debate from here on out. Lulu. Case closed.

Unless Megadave decides to emulate Metallica once again...

Setting aside for a moment the debate on whether or not Megadave has followed in Metallica's footsteps, just listening to the singles that have just been released by both bands it is fairly obvious that these two albums will be vastly different and from what I have heard, Megadeth isn't releasing anything ground breaking but Metallica is definitely not following in the once slightly promising footsteps of Death Magnetic. I predict a far lower Metalstorm overall rating for Lulu than for Th1rt3en. I guess only time will bear that out.
----
Now I so clearly see how I have murdered me
20.10.2011 - 05:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Garth Vader on 20.10.2011 at 05:46
I guess only time will bear that out.

I think you're right with that prediction, but I'm worried about Megadeth's next release (after 13). Not because I'm a fan of the band, but because I fear for humanity.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.02.2012 - 09:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I guess it's totally different shit from my side out here but thought need to share at this page. So Megadeth's fans, something to cheer about

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/02/06/red-lamb-dan-spitzdave-mustaine-supergroup-releases-debut-album-to-zero-fanfare-or-uh-dave-mustaine/
08.02.2012 - 06:34
bran

Megadeth
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
14.02.2012 - 22:24
Little Horn

Megadeth.
15.02.2012 - 22:11
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 12.02.2012 at 18:57

Simply because Dave joined the church of the Invisible Pink Unicorns.

Perfect reason to vote for Megadave!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
23.02.2012 - 04:13
@gent_-_orange

Written by Guest on 21.02.2012 at 20:15

they (Megadeth) kept their sound and never sold out.

Risk?
23.02.2012 - 05:51
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by @gent_-_orange on 23.02.2012 at 04:13

they (Megadeth) kept their sound and never sold out.

Risk?

you are quoting someone who thinks Th1rt3en was the best release of 2011... so i wouldn't expect objectivity.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.02.2012 - 09:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
No matter how many times I hear it, I never fail to dumbstruck by people who claim Megadeth always stayed true to thrash. UNLIKE Metallica, of course. Nobody with functioning ears could possibly call "Youthanasia" a thrash album, or fail to hear the pop music elements found in "Risk". Some of the material on "Risk" is definitely more mainstream than anything Metallica have done. In cases like this, I can only come to 2 conclusions: The person claiming Megadeth never deviated from their original sound must have a severe hearing problem, or, they are a blind fanboy.
23.02.2012 - 14:52
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by RetardedByMetal on 23.02.2012 at 11:50

Written by Angelic Storm on 23.02.2012 at 09:19

The person claiming Megadeth never deviated from their original sound must have a severe hearing problem, or, they are a blind fanboy.

After reading your post, i am very sure that you dont know music ! Let along making music. Musicians are artists, artists character doesnt like to stick one thing for too long, challeging themselve is what they want.

That is the reason I have never seen any Band claim that they are thrash....death...black or whatever gene they are. The gene things are designed by fans in order to easy identify their preference of music.

Metallica is trying to be innovative, sadly a lot of adamant stupid fans always ask for old things. Load is an amazing album, you don't like it then you don't deserve to be in Metal Field. Megadeath is not good at all, only can thrashing until they retired.

"blind fanboy"
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
23.02.2012 - 17:01
vezzy
Stallmanite
That is the reason I have never seen any Band claim that they are thrash....death...black or whatever gene they are. The gene things are designed by fans in order to easy identify their preference of music.

Whatever gene they are?

The fuck did I just read. Has anybody written their doctorate essay on "genetics of heavy metal music"? Seriously, I'd like to read that shit.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
23.02.2012 - 17:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Th1rt3en is actually the greatest release of last year. Sure they had some dodgy records

Well, you missed the point out here...you saying Thirteen is one of the best in 2011 and consequently they have a dodge records..did you know Thirteen upto now was one of their weak records..even worse than Endgame?!!. Absolute Rehash of their earlier stuff and mixes some of the Endgame's shredded riffs. But on the other side..Metallica raise the "Fuck you" bar pretty much high in 2011 by coming up "one of their weakest" output they can every come up with. I was reading somewhere where Lou said, "if anyone doesn't understand this new record they just lack in innovation".
23.02.2012 - 17:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

No matter how many times I hear it, I never fail to dumbstruck by people who claim Megadeth always stayed true to thrash. UNLIKE Metallica, of course. Nobody with functioning ears could possibly call "Youthanasia" a thrash album, or fail to hear the pop music elements found in "Risk". Some of the material on "Risk" is definitely more mainstream than anything Metallica have done. In cases like this, I can only come to 2 conclusions: The person claiming Megadeth never deviated from their original sound must have a severe hearing problem, or, they are a blind fanboy.

Load is an amazing album, you don't like it then you don't deserve to be in Metal Field.

Are you sarcastically mean that if we hate LULU...we don't deserve to be in a Metal field either?
25.02.2012 - 07:55
byng
Account deleted
Love Metallica's Black Album and their live performance with Michael Kamen.
27.02.2012 - 13:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 25.02.2012 at 07:55

is this enough to point out that Megadeth doesn't have a special performances?
27.02.2012 - 16:47
byng
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.02.2012 at 13:58

Well, it's my opinion. You can have yours. And i didn't say that Megadeth doesn't have a special performance. It's just that for me their performance with Micheal Kamen was epic. Even those who don't usually listen to metal liked it. So I think it's enough for me.
27.02.2012 - 17:08
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 27.02.2012 at 16:47

Well, it's my opinion. You can have yours. And i didn't say that Megadeth doesn't have a special performance. It's just that for me their performance with Micheal Kamen was epic. Even those who don't usually listen to metal liked it. So I think it's enough for me.

Yup it is. but here it says Megadeth v/s Metallica where people are posting why they are biased towards their favorite band/ mutually liking it with strong reasons attaching to it. It's really good you love that video so do others who like tons of vids of Megadeth which outclassed Metallica at many points. I hope next time you just outstripped my comment completely.
28.02.2012 - 05:20
byng
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.02.2012 at 17:08

Yup it is. but here it says Megadeth v/s Metallica where people are posting why they are biased towards their favorite band/ mutually liking it with strong reasons attaching to it. It's really good you love that video so do others who like tons of vids of Megadeth which outclassed Metallica at many points. I hope next time you just outstripped my comment completely.

Whatever...(yawn)
28.02.2012 - 13:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 28.02.2012 at 05:20

(yawn)

So do your profile Ms poppy culture.
28.02.2012 - 14:32
Lit.
Account deleted

Regardless of weither Youthanasia was a thrash album or not, it was still good. Better than the Black Album to me. And even after that they still stayed true to their metal roots with Cryptic writings. Metallica by then had started "experimenting" with Load, Reload and the dreaded St. Anger. Megadeth experimented on one album, Risk, and quickly jumped back into rock with The World Needs A Hero.
This is why Megadeth will always prevail over Metallica. People can praise Metallica's first four albums all they want, because that's the only good they did. Megadeth have been much more consistant. Sure they never stayed with thrash, but at least they stayed with metal longer.
29.02.2012 - 01:54
byng
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 28.02.2012 at 13:22

Written by Guest on 28.02.2012 at 05:20

(yawn)

So do your profile Ms poppy culture.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
29.02.2012 - 02:28
Lit.
Account deleted
^This ain't kindergarden, stupid kids.
29.02.2012 - 06:40
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Momma I want some candy to refresh my mood ^
29.02.2012 - 09:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 28.02.2012 at 14:32
Regardless of weither Youthanasia was a thrash album or not, it was still good. Better than the Black Album to me. And even after that they still stayed true to their metal roots with Cryptic writings. Metallica by then had started "experimenting" with Load, Reload and the dreaded St. Anger. Megadeth experimented on one album, Risk, and quickly jumped back into rock with The World Needs A Hero.
This is why Megadeth will always prevail over Metallica. People can praise Metallica's first four albums all they want, because that's the only good they did. Megadeth have been much more consistant. Sure they never stayed with thrash, but at least they stayed with metal longer.

I never said it wasn't good. I think Youthanasia is a great album. "Cryptic Writings" has some metal songs on it, but it was also a very experimental album, that has a few songs with a more rock than metal flavour. The Load albums both had metal on them as well, and the Black Album quite obviously did. Megadeth started experimenting with their sound on "Countdown To Extinction", as that was the first album they made that wasn't thrash. Cryptic was a very experimental album, although Risk was their only album that contained pop elements to it. Anyway, my whole point was people moaning about Metallica selling out by deviating from the thrash template, whilst praising Megadeth when they also did this. To say Metallica sold out, but Megadeth didn't, is having blinkers on. It's as simple as that. Megadeth only returned to thrash, when Dave realised his attempt at equalling Metallica's mainstream success had failed, so he tried to claw back some of the fans he lost during 90's. You seem to think I'm bashing Megadeth here, I'm not. I'm highlighting how hypocritical a lot of their fanboys are.

I happen to like the Load albums, especially the first, so I don't agree their first 4 albums are their only good work. But anyway, the worth or non-worth of Metallica or Megadeth's output post-1990 had nothing to do with the point I was making.
29.02.2012 - 15:45
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.02.2012 at 09:40

Megadeth only returned to thrash, when Dave realised his attempt at equalling Metallica's mainstream success had failed, so he tried to claw back some of the fans he lost during 90's. You seem to think I'm bashing Megadeth here, I'm not. I'm highlighting how hypocritical a lot of their fanboys are.

Amen to that.
01.03.2012 - 09:28
byng
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.02.2012 at 02:28

^This ain't kindergarden, stupid kids.

My apologies to all those who were offended but some people are just stupid, arrogant and annoying and all you can do is either ignore them or retaliate in a simple way.
01.03.2012 - 15:25
mojo

At least Dave had the good grace to quit when he was shit - for a while at least. Metallica haven't so far extended us the same courtesy.
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
01.03.2012 - 15:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by mojo on 01.03.2012 at 15:25

At least Dave had the good grace to quit when he was shit - for a while at least. Metallica haven't so far extended us the same courtesy.

Neither has Dave since he's still at it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.03.2012 - 16:41
mojo

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.03.2012 at 15:50

Written by mojo on 01.03.2012 at 15:25

Neither has Dave since he's still at it.

Indeed, that's why i added - for a while at least. He tried though; bonus points for effort
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?